Leader Pelosi on Harvey Milk Day
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 22, 2012
On Harvey Milk Day, the state of California officially honors the life and legacy of a leader dedicated to the fundamental American value of equality.
Harvey Milk was special in many respects, including that he was first: the first openly gay man elected to public office in the United States.
Many of us share the beautiful memory of when Harvey Milk was sworn-in as Supervisor and said his victory signaled "a green light to all who feel disenfranchised, a green light to move forward...and that the doors are opened to everyone."
Harvey's public service ushered in a new era compassion, justice and opportunity -- as he said, for everyone. His legacy lives on today - through the efforts of his nephew, Stuart Milk, at the Harvey Milk Foundation, and through the campaigns of activists and advocates in California and across the country.
His legacy lives on in you. Harvey gave us a green light and so many of you continue his work. Today that means our continued fight to end workplace discrimination, keep families and loving couples together, ensure the freedom to marry and repeal the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act.
Harvey Milk's leadership for his community was relentless. He changed the course of history by always pushing for progress and for the American ideal of equality -- our heritage and our hope.
We too must be relentless in our efforts to ensure the fundamental rights of all Americans.
Harvey Milk Day is a time to reflect and recommit. Working with all of you we will continue to fight to ensure that our laws reflect our national promise of equality and justice for all.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:44 Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Repealing 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'by NancyPelosi 4,997 views
- 5:38 Leader Pelosi in Strong Opposition to HR 358by NancyPelosi 3,131 views
- 7:26 Speaker Pelosi on Keeping 319,000 Teachers, Police Officers, Firefighters, and Nurses on the Jobby NancyPelosi 1,852 views
- 6:22 Leader Pelosi in Support of McGovern Amendmentby NancyPelosi 428 views
- 5:36 Irrational Prop 8 Demands Get Their Day in Court: May 2, 2011 Marriage News Watchby marriagenewswatch 1,839 views
- 2:43 '60 Minutes' Asks Nancy Pelosi About Her Involving With Credit Card Companiesby ObamaWorstPOTUSEver 15,307 views
- 32:00 President Obama Delivers Morehouse College Commencement Addressby The White House 55,424 views
- 5:42 Pelosi: Extend Payroll Tax Cut & UI Before Heading Home for Holidaysby NancyPelosi 1,755 views
- 8:45 Speaker Boehner Chose To Go To The Dark Sideby Leader Nancy Pelosi 22,914 views
- 4:42 "I Will Not Yield to You!" Speech by Rep Nancy Pelosiby jeffwojful 5,794 views
- 1:31 Nancy Pelosi: I Know the Constitutionby National Review Online 1,713 views
- 0:51 Pelosi Obamacare Reducing Deficitby Speakmymind02 33,078 views
- 2:22 Health Care Ruling Is Victory for American Peopleby Leader Nancy Pelosi 796 views
- 9:46 It's Time Congress Get Serious About Debt Reduction & Job Creation and Stop GOP Assault on Medicareby NancyPelosi 2,489 views
- 15:03 Bipartisan Tribute To Leader Pelosi for 25 Years Of Congressional Serviceby NancyPelosi 699 views
- 1:40 Leader Pelosi: We Need To Pass the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Actby NancyPelosi 8,418 views
- 12:47 Leader Pelosi on H.R. 2, The Patients' Rights Repeal Actby NancyPelosi 949 views
- 7:36 Leader Pelosi on GOP's BBA Constitutional Amendmentby NancyPelosi 1,410 views
- 3:19 Nancy Pelosi is in The Houseby TheEllenShow 28,211 views
- 6:05 GOP Transportation Bill Is Wrong For the Futureby Leader Nancy Pelosi 440 views
- Loading more suggestions...