Americans to be Targeted As Terrorists Under NDAA Bill - Infowars Nightly News
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 28, 2011
Republican Congressman Amash warns that bill can be applied to U.S. citizens
Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
Monday, November 28, 2011
Controversy over whether or not Americans are exempt from a provision of the National Defense Authorization Act bill, set to be voted on this week by the Senate, which defines the the entirety of the United States as a battleground in the war on terror, has been addressed by Republican Congressman Justin Amash, who warns that the bill does apply to U.S. citizens.
As we previously reported, under the 'worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial' provision of S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which is set to be up for a vote on the Senate floor this week, the legislation will "basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield," said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who supports the bill.
That provoked concerns that American citizens could be targeted as terrorists and indefinitely detained without trial or charge.
"One section of these provisions, section 1031, would be interpreted as allowing the military to capture and indefinitely detain American citizens on U.S. soil. Section 1031 essentially repeals the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 by authorizing the U.S. military to perform law enforcement functions on American soil. That alone should alarm my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, but there are other problems with these provisions that must be resolved," Colorado Senator Mark Udall said in a speech earlier this month.
Following an ACLU alert on the legislation, some pointed out that the text of the bill actually exempts Americans from being detained under the new "homeland battlefield" designation under the proviso that "the requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."
However, as Republican Congressman Justin Amash told the The Grand Rapids Press today, the language of the bill is "carefully crafted to mislead the public."
"Note that it does not preclude U.S. citizens from being detained indefinitely, without charge or trial, it simply makes such detention discretionary," Amash wrote on his Facebook page.
The controversy over whether or not the text of the bill suggests the legislation applies to U.S. citizens is largely inconsequential given the fact that every piece of anti-terror legislation passed since 9/11 has been used against Americans, both at home and abroad.
The Patriot Act was passed in the name of giving federal authorities the tools to catch terrorists, but it has been used in hundreds of cases against American citizens, often in cases that have no relation whatsoever to terrorism.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:00 MUST WATCH! IMPORTANT NDAA VIDEO! TAKE ACTION NOW! (National Defense Authorization Act)by AdamKokesh Featured 25,332
- 15:24 Obama to Sign NDAA Bill: Today is The Day America Truly Dies! 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel34,506 views
- 13:38 Rand Paul on "Indefinite Detention" Provision of Defense Authorization Act : 11/29/11by ricthuse37,061 views
- 12:22 Americans Stripped of All Rights Under Section 1031 of The NDAA 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel29,755 views
- 8:43 Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Foodby TheAlexJonesChannel60,377 views
- 14:14 Alex Jones: Senate wants martial law in Americaby RT America110,198 views
- 14:08 NDAA's World Wide Declaration of War on The People: Alex Jones Sunday Edition 1/6by TheAlexJonesChannel83,220 views
- 11:44 Outlook for 2012: Total Collapse of Society and The End of Internet Freedom 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel61,456 views
- 8:58 Terrorist Congress Declares War on American Peopleby TheAlexJonesChannel123,187 views
- 15:00 Infowars Hidden Camera - Fluoride Treatment Facility: Nightly News Reportby TheAlexJonesChannel197,181 views
- 14:29 Clive Boddy: Corporate Psychopaths Rule Over Us - Infowars Nightly News 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel11,072 views
- 14:26 NDAA Is A Hoax: You Can't Legalize Tyrannyby TheAlexJonesChannel409,087 views
- 15:14 Stewart Rhodes: Senate Has Declared War on American People 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel35,240 views
- 8:04 Obama Signs Martial Law Bill: NDAA Now Lawby TheAlexJonesChannel528,907 views
- 15:22 Upset Callers Sound Off with Alex on NDAA Bill: Alex Jones Thursday Editon 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel19,005 views
- 15:00 Ron Paul: Defense Bill Establishes Martial Law In America!by TheAlexJonesChannel363,697 views
- 15:06 Lyndon LaRouche: Obama is "Clinically Insane!" 1/4by TheAlexJonesChannel29,515 views
- 13:28 Journalist Wayne Madsen: NDAA Detention Bill is Ultimate Act of Treason! 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel35,190 views
- 15:22 MF Global Mastermind Corzine, Designed Obama's Economic Policy - Peter Schiff Reportsby TheAlexJonesChannel21,890 views
- 12:58 Video Game: Would You Shoot Americans?: Infowars Nightly Newsby TheAlexJonesChannel24,104 views
- Loading more suggestions...