InsideVancouver.ca - Vancouver in a Day: Capilano Suspension Bridge & The Richmond Night Market
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 20, 2011
Looking for some adventure? You've come to the right city. No matter what time of year, when you start your day in Vancouver, it can take you anywhere.
In one form or another, the Capilano Suspension Bridge (http://www.capbridge.com) has spanned the massive cliffs over the Capilano River since 1889. It's one of Vancouver's best known attractions and has drawn thrill seekers and celebrities to the North Shore for over a century.
Pristine forest? Check. Birds-eye view from an iconic West Coast landmark? Check. Complete vertigo-inducing, sweaty-faced terror? Checkmate.
Turns out I'm not over my paralyzing fear of heights. Vancouver in a Day director/videographer Steve Adams tried to get me to stop for a mid-bridge interview, but it wasn't in the cards this time round. The new CLIFFWALK attraction was more my speed and actually really beautiful--I've never walked beside a cliff. The engineering behind it has to be seen to be believed.
The Richmond Night Market (http://www.summernightmarket.com), on the other hand, is everything I like in a night out. Big crowds, amazing food, great bargains and the company of a great friend like Kate.
The Richmond Night Market is held Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights and long weekend Mondays from May through October at an industrial property off Vulcan Way in Richmond. The atmosphere is very much like Hong Kong, Tai Pei or Bangkok—it's an experience you don't want to miss.
It's a bit of a trek so if you're unfamiliar with the city, the easiest way to get there is by cab. If you're feeling adventurous or sticking to a budget, try taking the Canada Line and getting off at Bridgeport station. From there you can catch a bus or hail a cab for a much more reasonable cost.
There are countless food stands offering Chinese, Japanese and South East Asian cuisine. Our favourites were the shrimp dumplings, the hurricane potatoes, fresh juices and the freshly cut coconut.
If you're in the mood to shop, we found that some merchants will haggle and some won't. Others are willing to give a discount if you purchase items in quantity.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:25 Vancouver At Nightby FreewayBrent Featured 18,923
- 1:16:22 Travel Geek: Documentary Penang (Full HD, Feature Length) by Cyle O'Donnellby Cyle O'Donnell2,537 views
- 33:35 Vancouver, Canada walking tourby denniscallan32,574 views
- 14:59 Richmond Night Market , Metro Vancouver, BC Canada 2011 (1)by welc2bc6,737 views
- 5:46 The New Chinatown In Vancouver.Aberdeen Center (Richmond)by michaelarnold138,669 views
- 2:09:04 《夜市人生》第1-3集(Life Episode 1-3)by dangpf10,390 views
- 4:45 Night Market in MALAYSIAby TheTanggang38,162 views
- 22:15 Travel Guide: KL Now, Malaysiaby LAC CAG32,578 views
- 9:43 Vancouver: The Most Livable City? -- Condé Nast Travelerby Condé Nast Traveler38,515 views
- 9:49 The Real Housewives of Vancouver - The Sneak Peekby Slicedotca143,301 views
- 4:15 Slums Of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canadaby Kit Kirja14,643 views
- 11:00 TAIWAN - THE BEST NIGHT MARKET. 720HD.wmvby Jh Harding15,954 views
- 6:52 Richmond Night Market 2012by muzi19604,586 views
- 7:52 EXCLUSIVE Kuala Lumpur Malaysia - travel advice and review - part 1by Christina Hegele41,257 views
- 5:34 Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives - Meat & Bread - Vancouverby Bunthai Chhun167,037 views
- 6:00 richmond nightmarket 2011by coolleo0070071,253 views
- 4:20 Asian Street Food - Richmond Night Marketby Jay del Corro58,920 views
- 28:05 Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada - YouTubeby JCVdude3,645 views
- 11:11 Chinese Food in Vancouver and Richmond, British Columbiaby sambamaster5,661 views
- 4:07 The Richmond Reel - The Summer Night Marketby TheRichmondReel7,391 views
- Loading more suggestions...