The Rise of Artificial Intelligence | Off Book | PBS Digital Studios
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 11, 2013
Artificial intelligence is an ever evolving goal for researchers, and the object of endless fascination for writers, filmmakers, and the general public. But despite our best science fiction visions, creating digital intelligence is incredibly difficult. The universe is a very complicated place, and humans have had millions of years to evolve the ability to navigate and make sense of it. Contemporary attempts to create AI have us looking more at how our own brains work to see how a computer could simulate the core activities that create our intelligence. No matter how we get there, it is certain that artificial intelligence will have tremendous impact on our society and economy, and lead us down a path towards evolving our own definitions of humanity.
Ernest Davis, Department of Computer Science, NYU
Yann LeCann, Center for Data Science, NYU
Robin Hanson, Future of Humanity Institute, Oxford
Gary Marcus, Department of Psychology, NYU
1) "Beautiful Night" by Navy Brony - https://soundcloud.com/navy-brony/bea...
2) "Emptiness (Original Mix) by AstroPilot - https://soundcloud.com/sunstation/ast...
3) "Hollow World" by Dexter Britain - https://soundcloud.com/dexterbritain/...
4) "Together in the Empty" by Dexter Britain - http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Dex...
5) "Orpheus - Don't Look Back - Act III" by GEM - https://soundcloud.com/g-e-m/orpheus-...
6) "Beautiful Girl" by Immensus - https://soundcloud.com/immensus/beaut...
7) "Human Nature (Instrumental Rock Cover) by DJ Katnipz - https://soundcloud.com/crazy_chilota/...
More Off Book:
Dungeons & Dragons and the Influence of Tabletop RPGs
Are YouTubers Revolutionizing Entertainment?
The Beauty of Space Photography
The Art of Data Visualization
Follow Off Book:
Standard YouTube License
- 44:03 The Multiverse Theory (FULL VIDEO)by Sky Faction Featured 158,732
- 5:40 The Art of Creative Coding | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook133,215 views
- 7:23 Will 3D Printing Change the World? | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook522,790 views
- 5:34 Is Code the Most Important Language in the World? | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook19,693 views
- 6:26 The Art of Logo Design | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook295,928 views
- 1:29:36 FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR (1986) Full Movieby FILMZ4FAMILY247423,645 views
- 44:19 Robots Army in the Future - Special Documentaryby supecx macol108,671 views
- 1:57:22 The Fractal Brain Theory & the Unification of Neuroscience with AI & Psychologyby Wai H. Tsang23,361 views
- 1:20:24 Building Gods Documentary - Transhumanism Artificial intelligence and nanotechnologyby DigPhilosophy3,970 views
- 55:01 PBS SEEING IN THE DARK 2007by IRISH ASTRONOMY41,826 views
- 1:04:38 Are We Ready For the Coming 'Age of Abundance?' - Dr. Michio Kaku (Full)by TheSasss11,254,438 views
- 4:50 Richard Feynman on Godby MrOffensive69789,890 views
- Education 980,228 videos5M
- 58:29 The Age of Transitions (full length documentary)by Aaron Franz378,585 views
- 53:26 Kings of Camouflageby Civil Digital1,196,091 views
- 19:38 The Age of Artificial Intelligence: George John at TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2013by TEDxTalks15,444 views
- 2:12:11 Noam Chomsky On Artificial Intelligence , Cognitive Science , and Neuroscienceby EducateKnowledge5,719 views
- 58:07 BBC Horizon - Life In the Future Special Documentaryby supecx macol436,169 views
- 10:12 49 Hoaxes People Actually Believed - mental_floss on YouTube (Ep.12)by Mental Floss1,402,102 views
- 53:21 Dr. Eric Horvitz and Dr. Peter Norvig: The Challenge and Promise of Artificial Intelligenceby ComputerHistory4,089 views