The Rise of Artificial Intelligence | Off Book | PBS Digital Studios
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 11, 2013
Artificial intelligence is an ever evolving goal for researchers, and the object of endless fascination for writers, filmmakers, and the general public. But despite our best science fiction visions, creating digital intelligence is incredibly difficult. The universe is a very complicated place, and humans have had millions of years to evolve the ability to navigate and make sense of it. Contemporary attempts to create AI have us looking more at how our own brains work to see how a computer could simulate the core activities that create our intelligence. No matter how we get there, it is certain that artificial intelligence will have tremendous impact on our society and economy, and lead us down a path towards evolving our own definitions of humanity.
Ernest Davis, Department of Computer Science, NYU
Yann LeCann, Center for Data Science, NYU
Robin Hanson, Future of Humanity Institute, Oxford
Gary Marcus, Department of Psychology, NYU
1) "Beautiful Night" by Navy Brony - https://soundcloud.com/navy-brony/bea...
2) "Emptiness (Original Mix) by AstroPilot - https://soundcloud.com/sunstation/ast...
3) "Hollow World" by Dexter Britain - https://soundcloud.com/dexterbritain/...
4) "Together in the Empty" by Dexter Britain - http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Dex...
5) "Orpheus - Don't Look Back - Act III" by GEM - https://soundcloud.com/g-e-m/orpheus-...
6) "Beautiful Girl" by Immensus - https://soundcloud.com/immensus/beaut...
7) "Human Nature (Instrumental Rock Cover) by DJ Katnipz - https://soundcloud.com/crazy_chilota/...
More Off Book:
Dungeons & Dragons and the Influence of Tabletop RPGs
Are YouTubers Revolutionizing Entertainment?
The Beauty of Space Photography
The Art of Data Visualization
Follow Off Book:
Standard YouTube License
- 44:03 The Multiverse Theory (FULL VIDEO)by Sky Faction Featured 156,543
- 5:40 The Art of Creative Coding | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook133,109 views
- 6:26 The Art of Logo Design | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook295,716 views
- 5:34 Is Code the Most Important Language in the World? | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook18,920 views
- 7:45 The Art of Data Visualization | Off Book | PBS Digital Studiosby PBSoffbook107,703 views
- 1:29:36 FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR (1986) Full Movieby FILMZ4FAMILY247422,011 views
- 1:57:22 The Fractal Brain Theory & the Unification of Neuroscience with AI & Psychologyby Wai H. Tsang23,250 views
- 44:19 Robots Army in the Future - Special Documentaryby supecx macol106,048 views
- 1:20:24 Building Gods Documentary - Transhumanism Artificial intelligence and nanotechnologyby DigPhilosophy3,637 views
- 55:01 PBS SEEING IN THE DARK 2007by IRISH ASTRONOMY41,826 views
- 4:50 Richard Feynman on Godby MrOffensive69788,837 views
- 1:04:38 Are We Ready For the Coming 'Age of Abundance?' - Dr. Michio Kaku (Full)by TheSasss11,253,559 views
- Education 980,228 videos5M
- 48:24 Better Mind The Computer (BBC Documentary)by ScienceChanneI9,515 views
- 58:29 The Age of Transitions (full length documentary)by Aaron Franz378,455 views
- 2:12:11 Noam Chomsky On Artificial Intelligence , Cognitive Science , and Neuroscienceby EducateKnowledge5,588 views
- 19:38 The Age of Artificial Intelligence: George John at TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2013by TEDxTalks15,415 views
- 58:07 BBC Horizon - Life In the Future Special Documentaryby supecx macol431,774 views
- 53:21 Dr. Eric Horvitz and Dr. Peter Norvig: The Challenge and Promise of Artificial Intelligenceby ComputerHistory4,089 views
- 10:12 49 Hoaxes People Actually Believed - mental_floss on YouTube (Ep.12)by Mental Floss1,396,024 views