Christopher Hitchens on Rev. Jerry Falwell's death
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 16, 2007
Christopher Hitchens on the Anderson Cooper 360 show talking about Reverend Jerry Falwell and his death of the previous day. Recorded on 15-May-2007.
More information about Christopher Hitchens (from Wikipedia):
Christopher Eric Hitchens (born April 13, 1949, in Portsmouth, England) is an Anglo-American author, journalist and literary critic. Currently living in Washington, D.C., he has been a columnist at Vanity Fair, The Nation, Slate and Free Inquiry; additionally, he is an occasional contributor to other publications and has appeared regularly in the Wall Street Journal. His brother is British journalist Peter Hitchens.
Hitchens is known for his iconoclasm, anti-clericalism, atheism, antitheism, anti-fascism and anti-monarchism. He is also noted for his acerbic wit and his noisy departure from the Anglo-American political left. He was formerly a Trotskyist and a fixture in the left wing publications of Britain and America. But a series of disagreements beginning in the early 1990s led to his resignation from The Nation shortly after the September 11, 2001, attacks. He is also known for his ardent admiration of George Orwell and Thomas Jefferson, and his iconoclastic criticism of Mother Teresa.
While Hitchens' idiosyncratic ideas and positions preclude easy classification, he is a vociferous critic of what he describes as "fascism with an Islamic face," and his critics have been known to describe him as a "neoconservative". Hitchens, however, refuses to embrace this designation. In 2004, Hitchens stated that neoconservative support for US intervention in Bosnia and Iraq convinced him that he was "on the same side as the neo-conservatives" when it came to contemporary foreign policy issues. He has also been known to refer to his association with "temporary neocon allies".
Hitchens no longer considers himself a Trotskyist or a socialist; yet he maintains that his political views have not changed significantly. He points out that, throughout his career, he has been both an atheist and an antitheist, and that he has always remained a believer in the Enlightenment values of secularism, humanism and reason. Hitchens has launched a detailed attack on Religion in his book god Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything. He has also stated that, while he "was very much in rebellion against the state" during his youth, he is now "much more inclined to stress... issues of individual liberty."
Hitchens became a United States citizen on his fifty-eighth birthday, April 13, 2007.
Please let me know if you like the Christopher Hitchens videos. Thanks!
Standard YouTube License
- 56:52 Christopher Hitchens - On Q and Aby Christopher Hitchens Featured 27,476
- 6:38 Lou Dobbs interviews Christopher Hitchensby patient0Studios95,801 views
- 9:46 Christopher Hitchens on Hannity & Colmes about Rev. Falwell's Deathby Berkeley Man1,598,729 views
- 6:29 Christopher Hitchens on Christmasby Lunis615,941 views
- 53 videos Play all Christopher Hitchensby Steven2480
- The Christopher Hitchens Youtube Channel 115 videos35K
- 26:56 Texas Monthly Talks with Christopher Hitchensby texasmonthly129,098 views
- 4:13 Bill Maher - Bye Jerry Falwellby karlmarx80746,752 views
- 1:33:56 Full Version: Christopher Hitchens and Rabbi Shmuley Boteach Debate on Godby 92nd Street Y965,696 views
- 6:58 Christopher Hitchens on Mother Teresa (2007)by JesusSavesAtCitibank172,017 views
- 2:12:30 Atheist Christopher Hitchens epic failure in debateby shockofgod329,033 views
- 9:33 Hannity and Hitchens - Falwellby TheBlueStateBlogger72,077 views
- 9:49 When Hitchens Gets Furiousby FFreeThinker21,417,568 views
- 5:02 Sean Hannity vs Christopher Hitchens Debate Does God Existby ThinkNowPeople502,824 views
- 8:33 Christopher Hitchens Hitchslaps Silly Pastor - "Does god Exist?"by mccainisthroughX558,461 views
- 6:22 Christopher Hitchens on Tucker Carlsonby GlobalCop321,431 views
- 8:50 Christopher Hitchens Interviewed by Anderson Cooperby SocialistLiberal183,724 views
- 5:09 Christopher Hitchens on Billy Graham, $cientology and religious hypocrisyby fred26er557,999 views
- 5:46 Christopher Hitchens on Paula Zahn (CNN) about Rev. Falwell's Deathby Berkeley Man205,366 views
- 5:14 Christopher Hitchens ridicules Biblical Miracles!by Chris Dssouza125,675 views