Published on Jul 31, 2013
Sigma is rocking the photographic and videography world with the new F1.8 18-35mm HSM Art Lens - rated higher than even the best Canon, Zeiss or Nikon prime lens on the market! I take it out for a spin on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, with motion control by the Kessler CineDrive 4-Axis (dolly, pan, tilt, focus) system.
- Lens build quality is rock solid - on par with Zeiss and better than Canon L glass
- Wish lens had hard stops for focus (since I'll be mostly using it for videography)
- You may notice some funny reflection/flare in the video - this is NOT caused by the lens, but the ND filter I had to use for all of the shots
- Aperture range was 1.8-6.0. Tried to keep it as wide open as possible for most of the shots.
- Applied minor white balance and color correction to footage - nothing else.
Thank you for watching - you can follow me on Twitter @AaronNanto, and don't forget to Subscribe if you are a new viewer!
UPDATE 8/4/13: Sigma follow-up video now up showing a parfocal focus test & bokeh! http://youtu.be/395uRTFM0m8
UPDATE 8/7/13: Check out how the Sigma compares at 35mm to a Canon and Rokinon lens! http://youtu.be/4EHOKJ0q3B0
Standard YouTube License