Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 37) William Lane Craig
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 3, 2011
William Lane Craig is a master of crowing over the essentially irrelevant robust nature of certain methodologies while simultaneously misapplying such methods to draw his desired and erroneous conclusions.
In academic circles, anyone who spends a disproportionate amount of their time exhausting the praises of the reliability of logical methods (as Craig does), reeks of being a bullshit merchant as its well known the whole methodology is subject to GIGO... Garbage in, Garbage out.
Craig has 'five pillars' by which he 'proves' Christianity. Here, in Why Do People Laugh at Creationists Part 37, William Lane Craig, I address merely the first of these 'pillars'. He claims that everything that begins to exist has a cause. Well if we didn't have a few hundred years of scientific discovery under our belt showing the universe does not mold itself around human intuitions, he might have a point: however that's just not the case! The smaller and higher in energy you get, the less intuition serves you satisfactorily. And whats the problem Craig wants to apply his 'intuition' and 'inductive reasoning' to? Oh yeah, the beginning of the universe, where all of the energy/ matter of the universe was in pretty much the smallest volume we can conceive. He seems to expect that even though we have no way of currently defining such a state (it's an unknown, a gap in knowledge), that his intuitive reasoning will serve him well. You don't need to know much about science to realize that's almost a pointless exercise. Apply intuition to quantum mechanics, and you will fail. Similarly with relativity.
These are of course the scientific objections to Craigs arguments. Craig is of course merely a layman when it comes to science. A point I only bring up as Craig persistently brings up such appeals to authority when suggesting his critics are not serious because they do not possess a degree in Philosophy.
Ozmoroid has some of the best vids out there for those who really want to get to grips with relativity!
- 12:05 Why Do People Laugh at Creationists (Part 38)by Thunderf00t 151,028 views
- 9:50 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 24)by Science and Education for the win! 850,897 views
- 2:15 Carl Sagan vs William Lane Craigby Thunderf00t 82,132 views
- 10:24 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 36).by Science and Education for the win! 298,051 views
- 10:15 Christian Apologetics get Demolished (William Lane Craig vs Arif Ahmed debate)by bdwilson1000 50,450 views
- 13:04 The Earth Is 6000 Years Old - Atheist Experienceby Valsyrie 422,776 views
- 2:34 The Humiliation of William Lane Craigby Science and Education for the win! 46,350 views
- 6:21 William Lane Craig, True Colorsby Thunderf00t 90,886 views
- 3:38 Futurama logically PROVES God has no free will!by Science and Education for the win! 258,425 views
- 1:01 My Real Name is........by Science and Education for the win! 129,997 views
- 56:56 Eric Hovind OFFICIALLY accepts atheism is true and accurateby Science and Education for the win! 270,799 views
- 10:45 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 29)by Thunderf00t 566,864 views
- 5:01 The Hopelessness of Atheismby Science and Education for the win! 190,691 views
- 10:00 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 19)by Thunderf00t 387,146 views
- 3:20 Richard Dawkins Beautifully Responds to William Lane Craigby Atheist Altar TV 216,405 views
- 10:05 Why do people laugh at creationists part 26 Sarah Palinby NerdsUnited47 14,658 views
- 3:00 Christians say the Dumbest Thingsby Science and Education for the win! 332,018 views
- 9:57 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 30)by Science and Education for the win! 366,026 views
- 10:50 Thunderf00t Unmaskedby Science and Education for the win! 111,804 views
- 3:03 OVER 30 PERCENT OF US NOW NON-RELIGIOUS!!by Science and Education for the win! 88,280 views
- Loading more suggestions...