Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 37) William Lane Craig
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 3, 2011
William Lane Craig is a master of crowing over the essentially irrelevant robust nature of certain methodologies while simultaneously misapplying such methods to draw his desired and erroneous conclusions.
In academic circles, anyone who spends a disproportionate amount of their time exhausting the praises of the reliability of logical methods (as Craig does), reeks of being a bullshit merchant as its well known the whole methodology is subject to GIGO... Garbage in, Garbage out.
Craig has 'five pillars' by which he 'proves' Christianity. Here, in Why Do People Laugh at Creationists Part 37, William Lane Craig, I address merely the first of these 'pillars'. He claims that everything that begins to exist has a cause. Well if we didn't have a few hundred years of scientific discovery under our belt showing the universe does not mold itself around human intuitions, he might have a point: however that's just not the case! The smaller and higher in energy you get, the less intuition serves you satisfactorily. And whats the problem Craig wants to apply his 'intuition' and 'inductive reasoning' to? Oh yeah, the beginning of the universe, where all of the energy/ matter of the universe was in pretty much the smallest volume we can conceive. He seems to expect that even though we have no way of currently defining such a state (it's an unknown, a gap in knowledge), that his intuitive reasoning will serve him well. You don't need to know much about science to realize that's almost a pointless exercise. Apply intuition to quantum mechanics, and you will fail. Similarly with relativity.
These are of course the scientific objections to Craigs arguments. Craig is of course merely a layman when it comes to science. A point I only bring up as Craig persistently brings up such appeals to authority when suggesting his critics are not serious because they do not possess a degree in Philosophy.
Ozmoroid has some of the best vids out there for those who really want to get to grips with relativity!
- 12:05 Why Do People Laugh at Creationists (Part 38)by Thunderf00t182,284 views
- 10:24 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 36).by Thunderf00t324,973 views
- 17:09 BBC 'Men are raised to hate women'by Thunderf00t141,423 views
- 10:45 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 29)by Thunderf00t611,870 views
- 20:20 4409 -- NAZI Checkpoint guards go nuts KICK in car doorby RP4409694,233 views
- 4:28:25 FULL Why Do People Laugh at Creationists By: Thunderf00tby ChristopherHitchslap204,966 views
- 6 videos Play all William Lane Craig vs Lawrence Kraussby drcraigvideos
- 46:34 Guarding The Queen Episode 1by All3Media627,213 views
- 9:11 My Favourite Hitchens Momentby Coughlan000610,120 views
- 1:33:59 Cristiano Humilla Al Ateo Sam Harris - Debate W. Lane Craig Vs Sam Harris (U. De Notre Dame)by Apologética Cristiana70,595 views
- 2:27:25 Christopher Hitchens vs William Lane Craig - Does God Exist Debateby Wade Davis205,112 views
- 13:04 The Earth is 6000 Years Old - Atheist Experienceby Valsyrie568,559 views
- 12:12 "I have two scientific reasons why I am not an atheist" - Atheist Experience show #737by eminescinescu389,128 views
- 9:57 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 30)by Thunderf00t389,255 views
- 11:47 Why do people laugh at creationists (part 31)by Thunderf00t517,462 views
- 8:38 Atheists shouldn't have rights -Fox Newsby Thunderf00t246,867 views
- 2:27:50 Debate: Atheist vs Christian (Christopher Hitchens vs William Lane Craig)by VeganAtheist16,034 views
- 1:00:30 Debate: Atheist vs Christian (Richard Dawkins vs Cardinal George Pell)by VeganAtheist102,829 views
- 2:34 The Humiliation of William Lane Craigby Thunderf00t53,640 views
- 1:43:29 Richard Dawkins Vs. William Lane Craig Debateby ChristopherHitchslap670,825 views