Nokia World 2011: Indexing the real world, in real time, takes apps to new places
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 18, 2011
Amy O'Connor & Gary Gale at Nokia World 2011: http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld/ speaking about: "Indexing the real world, in real time, takes apps to new places"
Nokia World is an annual conference and exhibition devoted to all things Nokia, that took place this year on the 26th and 27th October in London. The two days were packed with captivating talks, inspiring discussions, exciting surprises, fruitful networking. The event offered visitors to experience all new mobile products, services and innovations from Nokia and partners.
Amy leads Nokia's Analytics team and is committed to helping Nokia become a 'smart data' company that delivers the best experience for consumers. Prior to joining Nokia, Amy was vice president of services marketing for Sun Microsystems, and previously held engineering and business strategy leadership roles in the information technology industry. She has an MBA from Northeastern University and dual bachelor's degrees in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering.
Self professed "geek with a life", geo-blogger, geo-talker and geo-tweeter, Gary works in London and Berlin as Director of the Places Registry for Nokia, bringing his extensive geo experience and his fascination with technology to the Location and Commerce unit. In addition to his role at Nokia, Gary co-founded WhereCamp EU, is the chair of w3gconf and sits on the W3C POI Working Group and the UK Location User Group. A contributor to the Mapstraction mapping API, Gary speaks and presents at a wide range of conferences and events including Where 2.0, State of the Map, AGI GeoCommunity, Geo-Loco, Social-Loco, GeoMob, the BCS GeoSpatial SG and LocBiz.
Standard YouTube License
- 55:32 Future of Mobile at Disneyby Dr. James Canton1,691 views
- 48:26 Nokia World 2011: Location industry experts debate "What's real, what's hype and what's coming"by NokiaConversations597 views
- 40:36 Nokia World 2011: Enriching real-world experiences through location appby NokiaConversations1,258 views
- 37:35 Nokia World 2011: Joe Belfiore - Building a different kind of UIby NokiaConversations2,474 views
- 36:18 Nokia World 2011: Dr Michael Halbherr - Exploring the third phase of mobilityby NokiaConversations893 views
- 24:53 Nokia World 2011: Sara Rossio - Capturing activity to show how life is, not wasby NokiaConversations1,056 views
- 42:52 Nokia World 2011 Panel Discussion: Designing smarter phonesby NokiaConversations615 views
- 56:14 Nokia World 2011 Panel Discussion: The many ways to monetise Nokia's scale and reachby NokiaConversations799 views
- 35:47 Nokia World 2011: App Shootout - Developer pitches and demosby NokiaConversations1,556 views
- 33:16 Nokia World 2011 Panel Discussion: Just Play! - changing the way we discover & enjoy musicby NokiaConversations808 views
- 49:28 Nokia World 2011 Panel Discussion: Exploring what social and mobile means to business successby NokiaConversations1,074 views
- 48:06 Nokia World 2011 Panel Discussion: The rise of the planet of the Appsby NokiaConversations852 views
- 31:06 Nokia World 2011: Richard Quest - How mobility is changing the news worldby NokiaConversations2,696 views
- 30:18 Nokia World 2011 Panel Discussion: Turn the world upside down -- reversing the flow of innovationby NokiaConversations616 views
- 33:26 Nokia World 2011: What is life-enhancing? The balance between technology and user experienceby NokiaConversations30,461 views
- 19:23 Nokia World 2011: Brandon Watson & Reggie Hutcherson - Developing for Windows Phoneby NokiaConversations924 views
- 5:07 Gary Gale georanting about labels @GeoCommunityby TheGeocommunity376 views
- 1:46 Nokia Location & Commerceby nokianederland518 views
- 13:58 Symbian Belle launch in Hong Kong - Keynote (part 2 of 2)by NokiaConversations26,889 views
- 4:07 Stephen Elop speaking at the Nokia World 2011 Developer Opportunity streamby NokiaConversations1,654 views
- Loading more suggestions...