DCEmu Reviews - 27C3 - Chaos Communication Congress 2010 - fail0verflow - FULL VIDEO
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2010
27th Chaos Communication Congress 2010 held in Berlin, Germany.
Authors: segher, marcan, sven and bushing — fail0verflow!
More information - http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/synopsis-o...
- fail0verflow is the name of our 'group'. We are a bunch of curious hackers who have been working on a bunch of things over the last 3 years.
- It did not take 4 years to crack the PS3, we only started looking at the ps3 after otheros was killed.
- Note: we won't be working long-term on CFW or similar. We'll release tools and a PoC, someone else can take over. The fun part is done ;)
- Our current PS3 goal: AsbestOS.pup
- Our goal is to have linux running on all existing PS3 consoles, whatever their firmware versions.
Over 70 million Wiis, over 40 million Xbox 360s and over 35 million Playstation 3s have been sold in the last few years. That makes over 145 million embedded devices out there and most of them are just used to play games. But what can you do with them if you don't like playing games? You hack them to make them run your own code of course! We're going to talk about the various hacks that you can use to gain control of your hardware and make it do what you want it to do.
2010 saw the first hacks for the Playstation 3, soon after Sony removed Other OS functionality. We will detail the operation of current PS3 exploits, show a few new ones and explain where and how Sony went wrong when designing its security system, and show how these holes can be used to gain control over the system and bring Linux back to the PS3.
We will also go over hacks for the other consoles, including the JTAG hack for the Xbox 360 which made running homebrew code more convenient, and the cat-and-mouse games that Nintendo played with us to combat Wii hacks. We might also check out the security of their 'new' handheld console - the DSi.
Gamers might find this talk interesting even though it is targeted at those who hack (or design) embedded system security. A basic knowledge of crypto is therefore assumed. We will also be present in the Hackcenter before and after the presentation for those of you who are interested in learning more about the subject.
Standard YouTube License
- 46:11 Penn and Teller - Fool Us S01E02by ASCIISyaezTVFeatured 831,835
- 8:17 PS3 PS Downgrader - Downgrade 3.42/3.50+ to 3.15/3.41 for Linux/Homebrew Support w/PS Jailbreak [HD]by dcemureviews 44,371 views
- 1:50 Jailbroken 3.55 Firmware with Homebrew on PlayStation 3 PS3 [NOW RELEASED]by dcemureviews 3,157 views
- 5:47 DCEmu Reviews presents XCM Vbox2 Advanced on Microsoft Xboxby dcemureviews 343 views
- 1:02 Official PlayStation 3 PS3 Firmware 3.60 Jailbroken (RUMOR)by dcemureviews 12,781 views
- 21:46 Defcon 18 Pwned By the owner What happens when you steal a hackers computer zoz part by killab66661 2,265,606 views
- 14:46 27c3: Console Hacking 2010 3/3by Albert Veli 1,739 views
- 14:41 Console Hacking 2010 - PS3 Epic Fail - Part 1by PS3EpicFail 17,418 views
- 14:59 Console Hacking 2010 - PS3 Epic Fail - Part 3by PS3EpicFail 7,797 views
- 14:41 Console Hacking 2010 - PS3 Epic Fail - Part 2by PS3EpicFail 6,582 views
- 56:36 25c3: Console Hacking 2008: Wii Failby Christiaan008 4,382 views
- 1:09:58 27C3 - Adventures in analyzing Stuxnetby XyliboxFrance 6,003 views
- 42:14 Metro Last Light Gameplay Walkthrough - Part 1 - Intro & Chapter 1 (Xbox 360/PS3/PC HD)by GhostRobo 30,210 views
- 57:24 [27C3] (en) OMG WTF PDFby kkkwwwaaakkk 23,097 views
- 9:20 Marcan @ 27C3 Lightning Talkby HoschX 20,521 views
- 44:11 [27C3] (en) Console Hacking 2010by kkkwwwaaakkk 7,604 views
- 59:52 24C3 Why silicon security is still that hard: Deconstructing Xbox 360 Securityby Pieh0 17,872 views
- 14:02 PSGroove.com - Console Hacking 2010 Part 1 - Chaos Communication Congressby psgroovecom 175,299 views
- 1:05:57 Openleaks - Daniel Domscheit-Berg / Presentation at 27C3 on December 30, 2010by j0rges 9,253 views
- 1:17:26 27C3 - Rootkits and Trojans on Your SAP Landscapeby XyliboxFrance 3,311 views