This video is unavailable.
r | p 2012: Startup Panel - Amit Kulkarni, Cory Levy, Dan Manges, & Dave Paola
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 8, 2012
This talk is part of the 18th annual reflections | projections conference (http://acm.uiuc.edu/conference) run by the Association for Computing Machinery, University of illinois at Urbana-Champaign student chapter (http://acm.uiuc.edu).
Amit Kulkarni is the co-founder and vice-president of Do, a salesforce.com company. He balances his time between company strategies, metrics, and operations. Before Do, Amit was the CEO and co-founder of Manymoon (acquired by salesforce.com in 2011), the #1 most installed app in the Google Apps Marketplace. Amit has also been responsible for product management at various companies where he took multiple products from whiteboard to revenue.
Cory Levy is a 20 year-old entrepreneur with over five years of startup experience. At the age of 15, he worked for NutShell Mail (acquired by Constant Contact). From there he went on to do externships, while in high school, at TechStars, Union Square Ventures, DFJ Mercury, and the Founders Fund. Additionally, Levy created the NextGen Conference, a conference bringing together young entrepreneurs with more experienced entrepreneurs and VCs. Previous speakers include: Peter Thiel (Founder of PayPal), Scooter Braun (Justin Bieber's manager), and Ashton Kutcher (attendee). As a result of Levy's work, he has been asked to speak about entrepreneurship to university students across the country including Duke University and the University of Illinois.
Levy studied Computer Science at the University of Illinois. At the University of Illinois, Levy, as a freshman, was a Teachers Assistant in the Engineering Entrepreneurship course. He received four merit scholarships from the Dean of Engineering. Levy spends his time at One working in operations, technical management, and business development. He is taking a leave of absence to work full-time on One.
Dan joined Braintree as a software developer in 2008 and wrote much of the first versions of Braintree's software. Previously, Dan was a senior consultant with ThoughtWorks, a global IT consultancy. He received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems from DeVry University. He enjoys working on open source projects and is an avid runner.
Dave has spent the past several years hacking on education and gaming analytics, living off ad revenue, and figuring out how to live a digital nomadic lifestyle. His most recent work continues at Bloc, where he and his team are rebuilding education from the bottom up. He believes that the best way to teach (and to learn) is by example.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:03:11 PandoMonthly: Fireside Chat With Elon Muskby PandoDailyFeatured 63,133
- 56:19 r | p 2012: Startup Lessons: How to Change the World With Your Mind - Garry Tanby acmuiuc 91 views
- 51:01 r | p 2012: Structured Web Programming: An Introduction to Dart - Shannon "JJ" Behrensby acmuiuc 875 views
- 1:04:39 - Startups - Joanne Wilson - Angel Investor, Blogger, Co-Founder Womens' Entreprenuer Festivalby ThisWeekIn 1,686 views
- 39:15 User Experience 101 for Developersby dreamforce 125 views
- 34:57 Mark Zuckerberg at Startup School 2011by John Davi 170,550 views
- 12:04 Mike Falzone - From Near Death To YouTube Stardomby John Greathouse 486 views
- 5:39 Game console startupsby 573W1E6R1FF1N 1,010,812 views
- 10:32 Lone Star Ruby Conf: Zed Shaw Keynote Q&Aby Kevin Triplett 4,879 views
- 4:45 Scooter Braun Gets Interviewed by Cory Levy at Next Gen Hollywoodby larrychiang 601 views
- 1:10:05 - Startups - Gino Zahnd, CEO & Co-Founder of Cozyby ThisWeekIn 2,042 views
- 3:04 PayPal cofounder Thiel's startup adviceby CNNMoney 1,923 views
- 1:16:27 Peter Thiel and George Gilder debate on "The Prospects for Technology and Economic Growth"by EducatingForLiberty 7,491 views
- 58:01 Fred Wilson Conversationby edstartup101
- 24:09 Sean Stephenson (Internationally known Speaker) & Scooter Braun (Talent Manager)by Sean Stephenson 97,195 views
- 1:21:50 Startup Lab workshop: How Google sets goals: OKRsby GoogleVentures 21,936 views
- 1:05:05 Max Levchin and Peter Thiel: Smart Venture Capital in 2011 (2/2/11)by commonwealthclub 6,932 views
- 6:06 Scooter Braun Call into TMZ liveby Rachelle Ann 7,489 views
- 58:17 r | p 2012: Debian: 19 Years of Free Software, Do-ocracy, and Democracy - Stefano Zacchiroliby acmuiuc 376 views
- 39:41 Trends and transformations in musicby Big Tent 5,549 views
- Loading more suggestions...