Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Live 2001 full concert video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 15, 2011
http://www.concertsvideos.com All the best quality full length concert videos in one place.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds were formed in 1983 in West Berlin, Germany by two former members of the Australian band The Birthday Party: Nick Cave (vocals, songwriter, keyboards, harmonica) and multi-instrumentalist Mick Harvey. The duo were joined by Einstürzende Neubauten member Blixa Bargeld (guitar), Hugo Race (guitar), and former Magazine member Barry Adamson (bass, piano). Cave's then girlfriend Anita Lane was also a creative influence and occasional lyricist. This lineup recorded their debut album, From Her To Eternity, released in 1984. During their initial Australian tour, Birthday Party bass guitarist Tracy Pew also performed with the band.
The name of the new project indicated the shift in Cave's role from band member, as in The Birthday Party, to band leader, and coincided with his shift in songwriting style from expressionism to detailed lyrical narrative. The group has been through many personnel changes, with Cave and Harvey remaining the constants until 2009.
While in West Berlin, the band released four albums: The Firstborn Is Dead, Kicking Against the Pricks, Your Funeral... My Trial and Tender Prey. Kicking Against the Pricks was the first album to feature the drumming of Thomas Wydler, now the longest-serving band member alongside Cave and Harvey.
In 1987, The Bad Seeds made an appearance in the Wim Wenders film, Wings of Desire. In 1990, the band collectively eliminated hard drugs from its diet, relocated to Brazil, and released The Good Son, which reflected a less punk approach than their previous works. Their next record, 1992's Henry's Dream, was the first to feature current members Martyn P. Casey and Conway Savage. Following it came 1994's commercially successful Let Love In.
In 1996, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds released Murder Ballads, their most successful album to date. The album included "Henry Lee", a duet with English rock singer PJ Harvey, with whom Cave had a brief relationship, and arguably the band's most well-known song, "Where the Wild Roses Grow", a duet with Australian pop idol Kylie Minogue. The latter was a mainstream hit in the United Kingdom and in Australia, winning three ARIA Awards including Song Of The Year.
Their next album, 1997's The Boatman's Call, marks a radical shift from archetypal and violent narratives to biographical and confessional songs about Cave's relationships with his ex-wife Vivianne Carneiro and PJ Harvey. It was also the first full-length album centered around Cave's piano playing.
Cave then took a short break to rehabilitate from his 20 years of heroin and alcohol abuse, during which time he married. The band resurfaced with No More Shall We Part in 2001, which followed a similar dynamic to The Boatman's Call, but received a mixed response from fans. After the release of the 2003 album Nocturama, which failed to excite reviewers, Bargeld announced he was leaving The Bad Seeds to devote more time to Einstürzende Neubauten, leaving Mick Harvey as the only original member other than Cave.
The following year, the band released their first double record, the acclaimed two-disc set Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus. In 2005, they released B-Sides and Rarities, a three-disc, 56-track collection of B-sides, rarities and unreleased songs.
In October 2007, Cave was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame. During his acceptance speech, he cheekily took it upon himself to also induct the Australian members of The Bad Seeds (excluding Hugo Race), plus the members of The Birthday Party (excluding Phill Calvert).
In March 2008, the band released their 14th studio album, Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, inspired by the Biblical story of the resurrection of Lazarus. Following a similar style to The Bad Seeds' side project Grinderman, the album was "universally-acclaimed." An exclusive Live Session EP was released through iTunes in April 2008, recorded at the legendary Air Studios on 2 March, 2008 as part of iTunes' Live From London series.
On 22 January 2009, Mick Harvey announced through the band's web page that he was leaving The Bad Seeds to pursue other endeavours. Now the only original member of the band, Cave focused on Grinderman, which includes The Bad Seeds' Martyn P. Casey, Jim Sclavunos and Warren Ellis; as the project includes so many Bad Seeds members it is therefore sometimes referred to as "Mini-Seeds."
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ConcertVideos
To have this concert video in your home collection visit http://goo.gl/oY7Vb
Follow us https://twitter.com/#!/ConcertsVideos
Add as on google + http://goo.gl/OEDJ0
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 58:42 Nick Cave BBC Sessions 2008HDTV 1080by nelu becheruFeatured 25,184
- 1:28:16 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - God Is In The House Full Concertby alekso 47,931 views
- Nick Cave - Official YouTube Channel 17 videos40K
- 1:11:46 Nick Cave - Full Audio Concert Part I - Berlin Admiralspalast - live 2013by Schöne Konzerte von bitterlemonist 78,169 views
- 1:09:36 PJ Harvey_Live Eurockeennes 2004by 34alainb 36,498 views
- 1:09:37 Joy Division - Live in Amsterdam 1980by Vibracobra23 169,915 views
- 54:26 Tom Waits - Burma Shave (Full video)by autostopowicz70 122,304 views
- 58:13 Amy Winehouse (Full) Live At Glastonbury Festival 2008by AthensBerlin 5,308,571 views
- 49:55 Johnny Cash - Live from Austin, TX 1987by thejohnnycash1996n2 58,849 views
- 2:05:55 Radiohead - Full concert in HD - Blossom June 6, 2012 - Cleveland ~ Cuyahoga Falls, OHby rc529 147,328 views
- 41:12 Joy Division Live: Nashville Rooms, London September 22nd 1979 (Soundboard)by cloakroomattendant 58,981 views
- 11:16 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - A short film (PART 1)by Rahiane Andrade 10,960 views
- 48:58 PJ Harvey - Live @ Coachella Festival 17.04.2011, full concert, good qualityby DoctorNyaaa 51,684 views
- 26:28 Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - live at Brixton 2004 [Full, DVD Good Quality]by FaulFerkel 16,071 views
- 44:11 Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds: Bizarre Fest the best live full concert videoby Goce Veljanoski 19,910 views
- 1:04:43 Johnny Cash last performance at The Carter Ranch full concert videoby Goce Veljanoski 355,842 views
- 23:52 Nick Cave and the Cavemen - Electric Ballroom - 1984 (Full Show)by brainphreak 5,377 views
- 42:04 Arctic Monkeys - (HD)(Live)(MTV Winter)(Valencia, Spain 2009)(Full Concert)1080pby burtonCONCERTS 99,102 views
- 4:58 Tom Waits - I Hope I don't Fall in Love with Youby ali ozturk 1,761,411 views
- 4:49 Nick Cave - "All Things Beautiful" ("The Assassination of Jesse James")by ByWayofBeautyDotCom 185,779 views
- 1:39:46 Straight To You - Triple J Nick Cave Tribute - Full Concert (1hr 40min)by woklakadu's channel 13,633 views