6 Yoga Poses for Strong Legs - LexiYoga
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 27, 2012
Here are 6 yoga poses for strong legs. Practicing these postures on a regular basis will improve your leg strength and flexibility. You can also add muscular definition to your lower body over time. Be sure to hold each pose for at least 30 seconds, increasing to a minute as you progress for best results.
Garland Pose provides a wonderful stretch to the back of the lower legs and strengthens the ankles. These areas are often neglected, but need to be strengthened to help prevent future aches and pains and injuries. This squatting pose also keeps your joints well 'oiled' for long-term use. Be sure to hold this pose for at least 30 seconds to a minute for best results.
Standing Forward Bend --
Standing forward bend stretches and lengthens your legs, thighs and spine. It stretches your hamstrings, calves and hips keeping them strong and lean. While bending forward there is improved circulation, as fresh blood and nutrients are moving down to the brain. It is important to keep length in the spine and to stay grounded with equal weight on both feet to benefit the most.
Downward Dog --
Downward dog creates great sensations within the body, from your toes up to your hips, and down to your fingertips. It is an excellent pose for stretching and strengthening your body, as well as rejuvenating your mind and spirit. Downward dog stretches your hamstrings and calves while creating balance throughout your entire body.
Pigeon Pose --
Pigeon pose is a wonderful hip stretch, that also stretches the muscles of the knee in the leading leg, and your quadratus femur, which is the big muscle that is behind your hip. The hip area is storage depot for stress, anxiety, traumas and fear. People suffering from any of those feelings should make it a regular habit of stretching the hips. It is a primal reaction to store those feelings in the hip area and create unbelievable tightness and resistance in that area. The longer you stay in this pose, the more your hips will start to open and relax.
Pigeon pose is critical for athletes. Having more open and strong hips is the equation for power, increased power means increased speed. The more range of motion you have in your hip joints, the better your speed. Keeping your knees healthy, flexible and strong can also prevent and minimize knee injuries. Try to hold Pigeon Pose for as long as you can for best results.
High Lunge -
High Lunge stretches your groin and legs, lengthens your spine, and strengthens your lower body. It improves flexibility of your hip flexors and foot muscles. It's important to keep your hips square to the front, front thigh parallel to the ground, and have equal weight on both feet. High Lunge is one of the best poses to strengthen your legs; so the longer you stay in the pose, the stronger your legs will become. You can gain a lot of benefits practicing this pose, especially if you're an athlete, as you're increasing strength, mobility and flexibility, you also can prevent any injuries.
Reclined Hero Pose -
Reclined hero pose is quite advanced for most beginners, but with practice you can gradually encourage your body to go deeper into the pose. This pose stretches your thighs, groin, abdomen, knees and ankles. The positioning of your knees is important in this posture. Your thighs and knees should remain parallel. If you allow your knees to splay out to the sides, then this strains the muscles of your lower back and can cause hip pain. If you have trouble moving into this pose, you can add a folded blanket under your knees to help with alignment. Stay in reclined hero pose for as long as you feel comfortable, up to 5 minutes.
Website - http://www.lexiyoga.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/lexiyoga
YouTube - http://youtube.com/lexiyoga
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/lexiyoga/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/LexiYog...
Google Plus -https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/1011551...
Standard YouTube License
- 29:45 TOTAL TRANSFORMATION POWER YOGA FLOW FOR LEGS, THIGHS, GLUTES, LOWER BACK, CORE AND ARMS!by sadienardini Featured 115,999
- 4:32 6 Yoga Poses for Hair Growthby LexiYoga177,574 views
- 6:04 6 Yoga Poses to Make you Look Tallerby LexiYoga176,480 views
- 6:15 7 Yoga Poses for Hipsby LexiYoga79,562 views
- 49:01 THYROID & METABOLISM YOGA LIVEby yoga4,819 views
- 4:21 7 Yoga Poses for Glowing Skinby LexiYoga492,572 views
- 20:03 Yoga for Complete Beginners - Yoga Class 20 Minutesby YogaVidyaEnglish4,720,227 views
- 20 videos Play all Yoga Posesby nasskas
- 25:27 20 min YOGA INSPIRED FITNESS FOR LEAN LEGS & CALVES | workout #2by Anita Goa2,721 views
- 4:35 6 Yoga Poses for Insomniaby LexiYoga11,701 views
- 27:51 20 Minute Yoga for Beginners, Relaxing Hip & Leg Routine | Mollie Psychetruth Austin ASMRby PsycheTruth27,580 views
- 15:51 Standing Yoga Flow for butt, thighs, legs and backby Melissa Bender39,979 views
- 16:55 Legs, Bums and Tums Workoutby XHIT Daily144,902 views
- 10:56 10 Minute Yoga Hip Stretch Workout: How To Stretches for Hip, Butt & Leg Pain, Jen Hilman Austin Txby PsycheTruth43,506 views
- 5:31 Power Yoga for Legs - THIGHS, BUTTS, HIPSby mydailyyoga2,270 views
- 5:07 Yoga-Inspired Leg & Butt Exercisesby ACEfitness14,215 views
- 16:33 Muscles of the Leg - Part 1 - Posterior Compartment - Anatomy Tutorialby AnatomyZone104,281 views
- 20:14 20 Minute Yoga Workout for Beginners, Home Exercise Fitness Training Routine, Austin TXby PsycheTruth616,426 views
- 4:32 How To Grow Taller in Just Your Legsby TheGrowTallerGuru166,089 views
- 21:49 20 Minute Yoga Class With Hilaria Baldwin: Deep Stretchingby plumtv179,506 views