Robotic Humanoid Hand
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 3, 2013
This is my first Mindstorms MOC. I still need to get the programming shorted.
This idea has been laying around for more than 2 years. On different events I had the prototype finger with me to show what I was planning to do.
In September 2012 I started working on this project end finally finished in mid November, just in time for Lego Fanwelt Cologne Germany. My buddy Chris helped me getting started with programming during the event.
This is still the basic program from the event. Later I will program other hand movements, but for the video, this was good enough.
The MOC contains:
- 2 NXT units
- 6 NXT motors
- 1 Ultrasonic sensor for spotting movement tot start the program
- 1 Touch sensor for starting other programs (option isn't used yet)
De hand moves by 2 motors. 1 For moving the hand up and down en the other for rotation the hand. It can rotate 360 degrees, but the 4 not so flexible NXT cables make that difficult.
To hold the heavy hand, the wrist needs to be very strong, but also compact. I order to do that. I finally came up with a U-shape wrist section that holds a rotating tube with 2 pressure rings. This is the fourth version that finally works.
The rings are motorbike wheels (BL 88517), which can be connected to a Technic studless beam on the outside. The first wheel holds pressure on the turntable. Without it the turntable would detach from it's base, due to the weight of the hand. The second wheel conducts the weight of the hand to the rest of the wrist construction.
The hand holds 4 NXT motors to control the fingers and thumb. The 4 fingers are controlled by the 2 outside motors, that are attached to the index finger and pinky. All fingers are connected to a sliding beam, so that the middle and ring finger can also move. This system makes the hand compact, because you don't need 4 motor for each finger. The drawback is that the fingers can't be move separately. Anyone who has seen this always asks if it can give 'the finger', the answer is NO :)
The middle motor has 2 functions. It moves the thumb from and towards the hand. When the motor rotates further it touches the construction that make the fingers spread. So the thumb first moves a bit and the last past of that movement the fingers spread as well. The last motor moves the thumb in and out. It give a nice impression as a palm of the hand.
This hand was made for showing hand movements and not for grabbing. The construction isn't strong enough for grabbing.
In the near future I will reprogram the hand to make other movements.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:31 Everything Wrong With Prometheus In 4 Minutes Or Lessby CinemaSins Featured 3,163,479
- 10:10 Video presentation Modelshow Europa 2011 Lego models part 1by barebos77,241 views
- 2:27 Lego 16 Wheeled Monster Truckby barebos405,912 views
- 3:44 Lego GBC Fanwelt 2012by barebos3,191 views
- 0:53 Lego Technic ACC Monster Truckby barebos118,026 views
- 3:25 A very human-like robot invented by Japanese engineersby wendy smith1,853,712 views
- 1:58 MaKey MaKey + Roy the Robot's Handby Tieg Zaharia29,445 views
- 17 videos Play all nxt todosby munod
- 23:36 휴머노이드 : 축구선수에서 구조대까지@ 데니스홍 RoMeLa 소장by 세바시10,362 views
- 40:18 Future is Today - Humanoid Robots 2014by Sish advexon3,964 views
- 3:23 Lego Robotic Armby Max Shepherd668,319 views
- 14:48 Lego Technic 42025 Cargo Plane Reviewby Sariel's custom LEGO Technic creations12,216 views
- 11:31 ASIMO Robot Next-Generation Unveiled! - 2013 Humanoid Robot Showby TheMiyaworld637,904 views
- 7:49 Top 3 Humanoid Robots In The World! - Robots Dominate World!!!by ForeverSupernova169,100 views
- 6:25 Arduino Robotic Armby Easton LaChappelle114,606 views
- 2:53 Man Controls Robotic Hand with Mindby Discovery1,106,673 views
- 3:15 'Terminator' arm is world's most advanced prosthetic limbby SWNS TV2,749,365 views
- 7:56 LEGO GBC 20 modules 【レゴ】 玉ころがしをつくってみたby akiyuky6,545,352 views
- 2:16 Animatronic Robotic Human Robotic Hands Servo 6 DoFby Animatronic . Robotics27,547 views
- 9:11 World's Top3 Humanoid Robots - Asimo vs HPR-4 vs NAO!by SupernovaAnnie3,746,821 views