This video is unavailable.
Unbreakable: The Western States 100 - Journeyfilm Official Trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 1, 2011
A new Film by JB Benna and Journeyfilm coming 11-25-2011. Visit http://www.ws100film.com for more info.
Synopsis: On June 26, 2010 four of the greatest ultramarathoners on earth toed the start line in Squaw Valley at the Western States 100-mile endurance run, the oldest and most prestigious 100-mile foot race.
Journeyfilm's forthcoming documentary "Unbreakable: The Western States 100" follows the four lead men on this amazing journey. Hal Koerner, two time defending Western States champion, and running store entrepreneur from Ashland, Oregon. Geoff Roes, undefeated at the 100-mile distance, an organic chef from Juneau, Alaska. Anton Krupicka, undefeated in every ultramarathon he has ever started, a graduate student living in Boulder, Colorado. Killian Jornet, the young mountain runner and two time Ultra-trail du Mont-Blanc champion, from Spain.
The film shadows each runner from the pre-race preparation in their hometowns to the daily life they each lead in and outside of running. While their lives may be quite different, the goal is the same: win the Western States 100-mile run. Only one will win and the journey is unforgiving.
With unprecedented access, the film takes the viewer on the course and with each of the crews, pacers and family members who are working to get their runner across the finish line. From battling injury to surprising changes in the lead, to in-depth interviews with race champions and ultrarunning figureheads, "Unbreakable: The Western States 100" showcases perhaps the most exciting race of its kind.
(Description From Wikipedia) The Western States Endurance Run, known commonly as the Western States 100, is a 100-mile long (161 km) ultramarathon that takes place on trails in California's Sierra Nevada annually, on the last weekend of June. The race starts at the base of the Squaw Valley ski resort and finishes at the Placer High School track in Auburn, California. Runners climb a cumulative total of 18000 feet (5500 m) and descend a total of 23000 feet (7000 m) on mountain trails before reaching the finish. Because of the length of the race, the race begins at 5:00 A.M. and continues through the day and into the night. Runners finishing before the 30 hour overall time limit for the race receive a bronze belt buckle, while runners finishing in under 24 hours receive a silver belt buckle.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:39:57 Running on the Sunby Samewise GamgieFeatured 25,602
- 9:57 The Runner In Winter - Anton Krupickaby TheBowerbird 220,141 views
- 9:24 Don't Stretch Before Running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!by theschoolpsych 117,804 views
- 6:48 Kilian's Quest S3 E06 - How I prepare an Ultraby SalomonTrailRunning 219,420 views
- 3:20 new balance minimusby sz9 429,080 views
- 2:33 Anton Krupicka: Designing his new Ultimate Direction Race Vestby ultimatedirection 45,317 views
- 13:27 Geoff Roes Slogging to the Topby Lidholm99 23,872 views
- 5:02 Leadville 100 mile trail race winner Anton Krupickaby NSPvids 199,874 views
- 4:09 Western States 100 Mile Run 2012, Champion Timothy Olsonby Timothy Olson 8,507 views
- 3:36 Running Inspiration-It's your choice to be greatby Archie Bald 482,752 views
- 5:22 Salomon Team - Hardrock 100 milesby SalomonTrailRunning 52,506 views
- 7:28 The Badwater Ultramarathon through Death Valley in the USAby Lisa Tamati 57,413 views
- 3:44 Krupicka and Wardian Charging at Miwokby hydrapaktv 77,790 views
- 10:38 The Tarahumara - A Hidden Tribe of Superathletes Born to Runby MemeScythe 559,569 views
- 6:40 INSPIRATIONAL - HOW GREAT I AMby mbm34 13,723,983 views
- 6:47 BORN TO RUN Debate: Author vs. Podiatristby THNKR 282,255 views
- 23:11 Tarawera Ultramarathon 2012 - Short Documentaryby Jody Arnott 57,448 views
- 4:27 Set Free - A Trail Running Filmby AndrewDoranPhoto 173,872 views
- 51 videos Play all ULTRAMARATHONby noclown04
- 8:49 Born To Run Coach Eric Orton: Run Drills and Techniqueby Eric Orton 382,977 views
- 5:47 Confession of a Barefoot trail runnerby Daniel Martinek 102,914 views
- Loading more suggestions...