Reducing Cancer Risk In Meateaters
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 21, 2013
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger's videos at http://bit.ly/nutritionfactsupdates
DESCRIPTION: Those who eat meat risk food poisoning from undercooked meat, but also exposure to cooked meat carcinogens in well-cooked meat. By boiling meat, non-vegetarians can mediate their risk of both. I've previously mentioned the E. coli or cancer conundrum in my video Carcinogens in Roasted Chicken? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carci...) Animal products may also increase prostate cancer risk through other mechanisms (see http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-a... and http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cance...). More on pancreatic cancer in Largest Study Ever (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/large...).
A similar study where they compared the excretion of carcinogens formed in processed meats can be found in Prevention Is Better Than Cured Meat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preve...).
Those eating out may find my video Fast Food Tested for Carcinogens (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fast-...) useful, where chicken items from seven restaurant chains were tested for heterocyclic amines to see which was worse—the answer may surprise you.
Oh, and if there are carcinogens in roasted chicken, what about roasted coffee? See Carcinogens in Roasted Coffee? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carci...) and Coffee and Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffe...).
In last Wednesday's video Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogens (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/estro...) I showed that these cooked meat carcinogens may stimulate breast cancer cell growth nearly as much as pure estrogen. In my last video PhIP: The Three Strikes Breast Carcinogen (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phip-...) I showed that these chemicals may promote breast cancer invasiveness even more than estrogen. In the next video, Heterocyclic Amines in Eggs, Cheese, and Creatine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heter...), I'll explore how even those eating vegetarian may be exposed to these compounds.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reduc... and he'll try to answer it!
Standard YouTube License
- 4:24 Cancer, Interrupted: Garlic & Flavonoidsby NutritionFacts.org Featured 32,307
- 5:03 Does Coconut Oil Clog Arteries?by NutritionFacts.org100,611 views
- 4:39 Update on Cinnamon for Blood Sugar Controlby NutritionFacts.org59,547 views
- 9:02 #1 Anticancer Vegetableby NutritionFacts.org105,247 views
- 4:52 Fibromyalgia vs. Vegetarian & Raw Vegan Dietsby NutritionFacts.org14,475 views
- 1:20:03 Low Protein vs Low Carb - T Colin Campbell vs Eric C Westmanby drcldrcl26,283 views
- 1:18:57 Plant-Based Nutrition, presented by Dr. T. Colin Campbellby UM HR5,975 views
- 51:01 Professor T. Colin Campbell PhD -- Animal protein (meat and dairy) causes cancerby jumanous12,428 views
- 41:09 China Study co-author T. Colin Campbell speaks with Howard Jacobson about writing WHOLEby Howard Jacobson6,915 views
- 2:14 Preventing Breast Cancer By Any Greens Necessaryby NutritionFacts.org15,012 views
- 10:00 Dr. Fuhrman -- Value of High Fat Foodsby Jeff Nelson146,584 views
- 0:55 Another Update on Spirulinaby NutritionFacts.org10,808 views
- 45:22 Animal Protein -- Meat and Dairy -- Cause Cancerby Jeff Nelson256,205 views
- 4:00 Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancerby NutritionFacts.org31,511 views
- 1:13:52 Colin Campbell Lectureby Steve Henwood27,674 views
- 56:10 The Obesity-Cancer Connection Panel: Metabolism, Diet and Disease Conferenceby BioMedCentral8,506 views
- 29:57 Are You Being Served - Season 10 Episode 6 Friends and Neighboursby AREYOUBElNGSERVED17,378 views
- 3:11 Apple Juice May Be Worse Than Sugar Waterby NutritionFacts.org16,844 views
- 2:37 PhIP: The Three Strikes Breast Carcinogenby NutritionFacts.org9,388 views
- 1:46 Breast Cancer vs. Mushroomsby NutritionFacts.org9,185 views
- Loading more suggestions...