Beyond Salsa Bass (Vol.6) - Alain Pérez - Timba Bass Method - Bajo Cubano
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 9, 2012
http://latinpulsemusic.com/albums/sho... - Beyond Salsa Bass follows the same game plan as Beyond Salsa Piano: five volumes covering the history of Cuban bass playing - from changüí and son to songo and timba - followed by a series of books on individual star bass players.
The first volume of Beyond Salsa Bass to be released is Volume 6, the first on Alain Pérez. It corresponds exactly to Beyond Salsa Piano, Vol. 6 on Melón Lewis. Melón and Alain played together in the historic Issac Delgado group of the late 1990s, creating arguably the most sophisticated and ultra-creative piano-bass tandem in the history of Cuban popular music. Volume 6 covers two of Delgado's greatest live timba arrangements: No me mires a los ojos and La vida sin esperanza. The piano and bass parts are drawn from extended live performances at the legendary Palacio de la Salsa nightclub in the Hotel Riviera on the Malecón.
The bass volume transcribes not only the notes but the many percussive sounds that Alain uses to create his powerful groove. He performed each song in slow motion and in various takes at full speed, making full use of the "controlled improvisation" technique that's so central to both his and Melón's styles. Everything he plays is transcribed in 16th notes, 8th notes, and bass tablature. Volume 6 also contains the first part of Alain's biography, covering his early child prodigy years, his "discovery" by Chucho Valdés, and his initial entry into the Issac Delgado group.
Audio Product: The audio product has the piano alone in the left channel and the bass alone in the right. It includes Alain's slow and fast performances, and the fast performance is also provided in a digitally slowed version. Additionally there are MIDI tracks to accompany the analysis of Alain's style and to cover several auxiliary tumbaos not included in the videos.
Video Product: Alain was filmed with two cameras, one looking directly at him and the other a closeup on his right hand. For every tumbao, we provide three separate videos: a widescreen version of each camera angle and a split screen version combining the two.
**Special thanks to Vasik Greif, Michael Cába and Dayán Abad for making everything happen in Madrid.
Standard YouTube License
- 12 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Beyond Salsa Bass (Vol.6) - Alain Pérez - Timba Bass Method - Bajo Cubano
- 15:29 Escalas Pentatonicasby manuel118215 Featured 83,556
- 1:17:10 Cuba: Island Of Musicby MVDmusicvideo216,935 views
- 13:15 Alexis Valdes entrevista a Alain Perez 5 30 12by alexisvaldesoficial23,649 views
- 25:16 Que Suene La Timba - (Team Cuba documentary)by International Timba Conspiracy21,119 views
- 9:54 Jaime Bayly entrevista a Alain Perez 5 31 12by JaimeBaylyShow3,595 views
- 6:17 Como tocar Bajo electrico como Baby Bass Salsa Joe Arroyo (La Rebelión)by Eli Mix15,176 views
- 4:21 Bass Grooves - #24 5-4-1 Salsa Groove Playalong - Bass Guitar Lesson - Andrew Fordby TrueFire22,948 views
- 41 videos Play all SABROSAS 2013by superbondfly
- 7:14 How to Play Bossa Nova Bass Lines: Bass Guitar Lessonby Jared Plane25,238 views
- 13:17 Cuban bassist, Alain Pérez's Quintet at the Zinc Bar, NYCby martincongahead8,064 views
- 6:06 SALSA EN BAJO ELECTRICO LA NEGRA NO QUIERE : NICHEby ANDRES BASS34,446 views
- 8:20 Salsa Piano Montuno Lesson#1by piano52weeks157,356 views
- 8:00 Un artista por todo lo alto Alain Pérez, y el chino bachatero, con Alexis Valdésby MegaTV6,631 views
- 17:28 Alain Pérez Quintet - Latin Jazz in New York - Part 3 - 2012 May 24by wwwTIMBAcom2,062 views
- 12:38 Me duele pero te dejo. Alain Pérez y su Orquesta en directo 2by 77rumbaluis772,135 views
- 5:23 Alain Perez - Trovador Y Poetaby Alain Perez3,598 views
- 14:28 Alain Pérez, Yuri Nogueira y Kiki Ferrerby aquielquebailagana4,402 views
- 1:54 Tecnica de bajo-Son Cubanoby siemnes60,447 views
- 3:34 Tecnica para tocar el Bajo - Martilleoby ciberiglesia115,440 views
- 0:57 Alaín Pérez - Bajista Cubano - Ejemplo Tumbao "No Me Mires" (Issac Delgado)by latinpulsemedia201126,824 views