Scene from John Cassavetes film "Husbands"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 26, 2009
Peter Falk & Delores Delmar.
Cassavetes said of this scene: "It's terrific for Peter to try to pick up that woman. It's right that he would pick her up, because she is the safest woman in the place. It was very easy for him to talk to her. Peter was all right, because he was really comfortable. He was more comfortable in that scene than in a lot of other scenes, because it was right. The situation was right. He would go over and talk to that woman. She's a terrific woman.
You see that woman sitting there and you've got to have her in the scene. So I took that lady and Peter and I wrote a scene [on the spot] and gave it to him. The secretary wrote it out and gave it to Peter and to the lady, and she looked at it. Peter was all right, but how could she catch up? She was just sitting there. She was out of place. She didn't know what to expect. All the camera crew and everybody else was looking at this woman. What was going to happen? She had a few lines, and she had to, in a sense, be romantic. Sometimes it's utter and total cruelty to elicit something pretty out of somebody. You have to be cruel to somebody sometimes, but it is only cruel in some kind of a social bullshit way. I mean, we're all there to get something good. The woman was tight. She didn't know what was expected of her, and it was too late for her to find out in the course of the filming. I would say terrible things to her, just awful things. She would fight them off like a lady. She reached a point where she could do everything by herself. She was grateful for that attitude of not giving a shit of what anybody else thought, because everything bad had already happened. From there on in, she just started to play. She was herself, which she had to be. Peter played the scene with her. It was very good, and she was very good. I would say things like, "Look at that face."
Standard YouTube License
- 1:31:41 parszywa dwunastka 2 - 1985.rmvbby Szon Wrzucacz73,264 views
- 47:04 50-Minute Documentary on JOHN CASSAVETES: "The Making of 'Husbands'" (1971)by TheSheik19761,358 views
- 2:22:04 HUSBANDS 1970 Film (Full) John Cassavetesby Roberto Fortucci10,858 views
- 10:31 Peter Falk Roasts Franck Sinatra Excellentissimo!!!by jlobarcelona43,965 views
- 50:33 The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: "The Lonely Hours" (1963)by GR16028932,965 views
- 41:21 The Dirty Dozen TV Series (Ep 11 Full)by foreverblueclassics3,538 views
- 37:18 GENA ROWLANDS | John Cassavetes' Opening Night | Higher Learningby TIFF4,146 views
- 2:24:20 Opening Night 1977 John Cassavetesby ThomasUrdiales4,366 views
- 41 videos Play all Trailersby FreedomRightsFilms
- 1:17:34 John Cassavetes - Shadows (EE.UU.,1959) [Película completa]by Leonardo Pittamiglio1,431 views
- 5:58 Peter Falk to Cassavetes: NEVER! ...then I went (off)...by Jess Greco35,347 views
- 3:46 Husbands (1970) trailerby TheElegantDandyFop22,072 views
- 14:03 The Dirty Dozen TV Series (Ep.1 - Danko's Dozen)by foreverblueclassics5,220 views
- 5:10 Dirty Dozen The Fatal Missionby horrorfictionmovies97,680 views
- 33:57 34-Minute Clip of JOHN CASSAVETES, PETER FALK AND BEN GAZZARA TAKE OVER 'THE DICK CAVETT SHOW,' 1970by TheSheik197625,043 views
- 4:04 A woman under the influence (1974). Gena Rowlandsby esecalamar47,339 views
- 1:30:50 Wilder Days -- 2003 -- Starring: Josh Hutcherson, Peter Falk, Kate Vernon and more.by Movies12,575 views
- 38:48 40-Minute Documentary on JOHN CASSAVETES: "Cinéastes de Notre Temps: John Cassavetes" (1969)by TheSheik19765,674 views
- 6:55 Tribute to a great filmaker, John Cassavetes here is a snip of his masterpiece 1971by Jess Greco3,790 views
- 9:42 I'm Almost Not Crazy - John Cassavetes - The Man and His Work (1984) - Part 1by NotFilmSchool30,247 views