Published on Jul 10, 2013
Activate SUBTITLES in Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch and English! See info below to help me add other languages!
[ http://fluentin3months.com/about - more info about me and my travels] Please share on Facebook if you like this video!!
Today is my TEN YEAR travel anniversary! To celebrate, I made this video to gather some of my best travel footage, while sharing the top lessons I've learned in the last decade on the road.
Here are the lessons one by one:
1. Happiness has no price tag
2. Be an imperfectionist
3. The magic happens outside of your comfort zone
4. The world owes you nothing
5. Get busy living
6. Every single person is fascinating and can teach you something
7. It's OK to say "I was wrong"
8. The present is what really matters.
9. Be generous and kind to others
10. We're all making it up as we go
And if you are thirsty for more, here are the links I mentioned at the end of the video:
- 29 life lessons learned in travelling the world for 8 years (written 2 years ago): http://fi3m.com/life-lessons
- My TEDx talk to encourage adult language learners: http://speakfromday1.com/tedx/
- Speaking 12 languages in a mall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITzFRl...
- Skype me Maybe (music video in over 30 languages, with 16 polglots): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZbBL...
- Speak from day 1: http://speakfromday1.com/
If any of you are non native English speakers and want to help me get this video out to others from your country, I'd love for help with translating the captions! It's 1,600 words (ignoring time stamps). Just email me at b [at] fi3m.com, and I'll send it on to you!
If you want to help with any other language (not listed above), let me know and I'll mention it here so two people aren't translating the same language. Thanks so much for your help with this!!
If you liked this video, then could you please use the "Share" option below this video to put it on your Facebook wall (or other social media network) and show your friends? ^_^ Thanks!!