Cassandra NYC 2011: Robin Schumacher - Cassandra: The Foundation of Today's Enterprise Data Stack
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2011
Robin Schumacher - Cassandra: The Foundation of Today's Enterprise Data Stack
Robin Schumacher is Vice President of Products for DataStax. Robin has over 20 years experience working with databases and Big Data, was the database software reviewer for several IT magazines, and has authored three database performance books. Prior to joining DataStax, Robin started and led the product management teams at MySQL, EnterpriseDB, and Embarcadero Technologies.
DataStax, the commercial leader in Apache Cassandra™, along with the NYC Cassandra User Group, NoSQL NYC, and Big Data NYC joined together to present the first Cassandra New York City conference on December 6, 2011.
DataStax offers products and services based on the popular open-source database, Apache Cassandra™ that solve today's most challenging big data problems. DataStax Enterprise (DSE) combines the performance of Cassandra with analytics powered by Apache Hadoop™, creating a smartly integrated, data-centric platform. With DSE, real-time and analytic workloads never conflict, giving you maximum performance with the added benefit of only managing a single database. The company has over 100 customers, including leaders such as Netflix, Cisco, Rackspace and Constant Contact, and spanning verticals including web, financial services, telecommunications, logistics and government. DataStax is backed by industry leading investors, including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Crosslink Capital and is based in San Mateo, CA.
Standard YouTube License
- 54:00 Cassandra NYC 2011: Nathan Milford - Cassandra for System Adminsby DataStaxMedia 848 views
- 1:05:29 Apache Cassandra: NoSQL in the Enterprise Todayby OracleLearning 1,732 views
- 28:52 Cassandra NYC 2011: Tyler Hobbs - Flexibility: Python Clients for Apache Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 363 views
- 54:46 Cassandra NYC 2011: Edward Capriolo - Cassandra in Online Advertising: Real-Time Biddingby DataStaxMedia 671 views
- 53:16 Cassandra NYC 2011: Tyler Hobbs - Making Cassandra Operations Easy with DataStax OpsCenterby DataStaxMedia 373 views
- 50:20 Cassandra NYC 2011: Eric Evans - CQL: SQL for Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 1,144 views
- 51:25 Cassandra NYC 2011: Jonathan Ellis - Whats New In Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 620 views
- 45:32 Cassandra NYC 2011: Joe Stein - Cassandra as the Central Nervous System of Distributed Systemsby DataStaxMedia 1,151 views
- 34:00 Cassandra NYC 2011: Martin Stone - Deep Visibility into Apache Cassandra with AppDynamicsby DataStaxMedia 622 views
- 48:19 Cassandra NYC 2011: Matt Dennis - Data Modeling Workshopby DataStaxMedia 3,309 views
- 53:36 Cassandra NYC 2011: Nate McCall - Java and Big Data with Apache Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 1,983 views
- 47:56 Cassandra NYC 2011: David Weinstein - Cassandra at Adobeby DataStaxMedia 923 views
- 59:52 Cassandra NYC 2011: Ilya Maykov - Scaling Video Analytics with Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 1,065 views
- 38:32 Cassandra NYC 2011: Chris Burroughs - Cassandra at Clearspringby DataStaxMedia 834 views
- 46:01 Apache Cassandra: noSQL, Yes to Scaleby MarakanaTechTV 7,004 views
- 10:57 DataStax Cassandra Tutorials - Apache Cassandra Overviewby DataStaxMedia 22,575 views
- 1:16:44 Introducing Apache Hadoop: The Modern Data Operating Systemby StanfordUniversity 49,059 views
- 59:17 Cassandra NYC 2011: Nathan Marz - The Storm and Cassandra Realtime Computation Stackby DataStaxMedia 5,031 views
- 39:03 Cassandra NYC 2011: Drew Robb - Cassandra at SocialFlowby DataStaxMedia 552 views
- 59:55 Seattle Conference on Scalability: Abstractions for Handling Large Datasetsby GoogleTalksArchive 1,160 views
- Loading more suggestions...