New iPhone 5 Parts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 22, 2012
In this video we will show you the black and white glass panel, 8-pin dock connector flex cable assembly, and two other flex cables for the iPhone 5. Will Apple officially call the new iPhone the iPhone 5? Of course we don't know, nobody knows but Apple. Now with that said, for the sake of simplicity we are calling it the iPhone 5.
As you can see, the iPhone 5 front glass panel is slightly taller than the current iPhone 4/4S. However, it still remains the same width. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy S III, the iPhone 5 will have a smaller display area in both width and height. We're not sure why Apple decided to only make it taller and not wider, but I'm sure Mr. Cook will explain it at the upcoming Apple Event. The other major component is the 8-pin dock connector. It does look like Apple has moved away from their traditional 30-pin dock connector to a new, and much smaller, 8-pin dock connector. It is still unknown if they will provide some type of adapter for those out there with 30-pin dock connector accessories. It will be very interesting to see how Apple handles this issue. It appears that Apple has also removed the liquid contact indicator from the dock connector. The indicator still remains in the headphone jack, so don't think you will get away with dropping your shiny new iPhone 5 in the toilet and trying to return it to the Apple Store because it "mysteriously" won't turn on. This change may have been done because there is no need for two indicators at the bottom of the iPhone 5. In the previous iPhone models, the headphone jack was at the top of the device and the dock connector was at the bottom, so it made since to have one in both. We haven't seen any signs of a liquid contact indicator for the top portion of the iPhone 5 yet. Well that is it for now, but stay tuned because we will continue to update you on parts as they become available.
Please feel free to leave a comment and tell us what you think. Also, thumbs up if you like our video.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:13 What If Everyone JUMPED At Once?by Vsauce Featured 12,045,054
- 9:28 Top 5 Apple iPhone 5s Features!by tldtoday477,475 views
- 6:53 Detailed info of leaked iPhone 5 front glass lensby etradesupply805,706 views
- 17:53 iPhone 5 Disassembly Repair Step-by-Step Teardown | iamPhones.com HDby iamphones146,640 views
- 1:07 iPhone 5S Unboxing, iPhone 6, iPhone 5C Inchesby NyJetsGiants100,529 views
- 15:00 How to Remove a Windows User Login Passwordby GuruBrew176,442 views
- 13:20 Samsung Galaxy S III vs Apple iPhone 4Sby PhoneArena3,116,315 views
- 26:54 Top 20 Best Cydia Tweaks and Apps - 2013 - Part 2by iTwe4kz178,981 views
- 5:02 Apple Byte - iPhone 5: New look, new photos?by CNET501,940 views
- 10:20 iOS 7 Hidden Features - Top 10 Listby AppFind251,109 views
- 7:59 iPhone 5c vs 5s Raw Drop Testby TechSmartt664,844 views
- 7:00 How to install Cydia on your iphone, ipod, or ipadby GroundKicker347,637 views
- 2:30 The New iPhone 5 - Gizmoby BTV40,574 views
- 20:02 Top 30 Cydia Tweak by OpinionativeReviewer1,312,497 views
- 0:43 Turn Your iPhone 4/4S into iPhone 5by iphone5mod580,491 views
- 9:31 Apple TV (3rd Generation) 1080p: Unboxing & Demoby DetroitBORG1,293,868 views
- 8:17 Resetting windows 7 password without a password reset disk or Windows installation CDby James Miller339,408 views
- 4:26 iPhone 5 New Features & Review - September 12by TheiPodKid732,452 views
- 2:00 Iphone 5, 4s, 4 passcode / password bypass unlockby MrRitmoVEVO2,206 views
- 1:38 iPhone 5 Leaked Parts Videoby Smart PhoneMD131,898 views
- Loading more suggestions...