How to Make Homemade Doughnuts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 15, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Delicious Desserts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/187-Del...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
If delicious rings of dough dance in your head more often than sugar plums, this guide will have you serving up glazy goodness without leaving your kitchen.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Proof the yeast
Proof the yeast by soaking it in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes. Then add 1 cup all-purpose flour and set aside.
Step 2: Combine butter and sugar
Combine the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and cream them together. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time.
Step 3: Combine vanilla, salt, bread flour
Combine the vanilla, salt, and bread flour and add it to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture a little at a time until they're fully incorporated.
Step 4: Add the yeast mixture
Stir in the yeast mixture and let everything sit for 1 to 2 hours.
Step 5: Roll out the dough
Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½-inch on a floured surface to prevent sticking. Cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter.
Use holiday cookie cutters to create fun-shaped doughnuts for any occasion.
Step 6: Fry the doughnuts
Fry the doughnuts in a deep fryer or cast iron skillet filled with oil heated to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry in small batches, until they're golden brown on both sides.
Use wood skewers to gently flip doughnuts after 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Step 7: Cool and decorate
Cool the doughnuts on a cooling rack and then decorate them or chow them plain.
Did You Know?
The 1,500-calorie "Luther Burger" was created in Decatur, Georgia and uses two glazed doughnuts instead of a bun.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:48 ICE CREAM MAGIC- DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?by grav3yardgirl Featured 1,104,549
- 1:50 How to Make Homemade Ice Cream in a Plastic Bagby Howcast2,217,775 views
- 1:24 How to Use Peanut Butter in Unusual Waysby Howcast278,576 views
- 2:30 How to Make an Easy Chocolate Cakeby Howcast886,847 views
- 1:41 How to Use Beer in Unexpected Waysby Howcast94,149 views
- 12:23 Red Velvet Cake Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 602by Laura in the Kitchen217,748 views
- 14:55 Red Velvet Cake Recipe Demonstrationby Joy of Baking2,083,251 views
- Incredible Edible Egg 79 videos949
- 10:22 The Health Benefits of Gingerby HealingPowerHour2,267,402 views
- 13:34 Sweet Pastry Crust Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking278,375 views
- 4:00 HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE DONUTS: BAKED NOT FRIEDby CookingwithKarma205,497 views
- 3:48 How To Make Donuts - Secrets to Homemade Donutsby WaysAndHow336,347 views
- 5:01 HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PANCAKES IN THE WORLDby Kind Kyttocks4,138,558 views
- 10:54 Homemade Glazed Donuts Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 600by Laura in the Kitchen193,373 views
- 9:41 dum veg. biryaniby Purnata s163,241 views
- 11:49 Decorare una torta di compleanno - Decorate a birthday cakeby ItalianCakes1,137,173 views
- 6:53 McDONALDS FRENCH FRIES - VIDEO RECIPEby Nicko's Kitchen3,308,853 views
- 7:05 Krispy Kreme Doughnut Recipe Videoby the99centchef400,128 views
- 4:30 COPYCAT KFC FRIED CHICKEN - HOMEMADEby Nicko's Kitchen3,852,350 views
- 8:45 How To Make Homemade Marshmallowsby Carrie Isaac2,471,567 views