How to Make Homemade Doughnuts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 15, 2010
Watch more Delicious Desserts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/187-Del...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Make homemade doughnuts from scratch using these easy to follow steps.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Proof the yeast
Proof the yeast by soaking it in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes. Then add 1 cup all-purpose flour and set aside.
Step 2: Combine butter and sugar
Combine the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and cream them together. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time.
Step 3: Combine vanilla, salt, bread flour
Combine the vanilla, salt, and bread flour and add it to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture a little at a time until they're fully incorporated.
Step 4: Add the yeast mixture
Stir in the yeast mixture and let everything sit for 1 to 2 hours.
Step 5: Roll out the dough
Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½-inch on a floured surface to prevent sticking. Cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter.
Use holiday cookie cutters to create fun-shaped doughnuts for any occasion.
Step 6: Fry the doughnuts
Fry the doughnuts in a deep fryer or cast iron skillet filled with oil heated to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry in small batches, until they're golden brown on both sides.
Use wood skewers to gently flip doughnuts after 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Step 7: Cool and decorate
Cool the doughnuts on a cooling rack and then decorate them or chow them plain.
Did You Know?
The 1,500-calorie "Luther Burger" was created in Decatur, Georgia and uses two glazed doughnuts instead of a bun.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:23 Doughnuts / donut recipeby cookeryskillsFeatured 120,022
- 1:50 How to Make Homemade Ice Cream in a Plastic Bagby Howcast 1,866,600 views
- 1:31 How to Make Corn Dogsby Howcast 535,292 views
- 1:26 How to Remove a Ring That's Stuck on a Fingerby Howcast 268,207 views
- 2:30 How To Make an Easy Chocolate Cakeby Howcast 721,793 views
- 22:09 MASA PARA EMPANADAS - HOJARASCAS RELLENAS CON GUISADO - receta antigua - lorenalara144by lorenalara144 2,072,710 views
- 3:48 How To Make Donuts - Secrets to Homemade Donutsby waysandhow 113,331 views
- 13:33 Sweet Pastry Crust Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby JoyofBaking1 208,789 views
- 11:49 Decorare una torta di compleanno - Decorate a birthday cakeby Italiancakes 922,726 views
- 3:38 Cake pops - quick recipeby yellowsaffron 832,870 views
- 1:59 Chinese Speed Cookingby PHMSstudent001 561,926 views
- 5:06 How To Make: Donutsby Ashley Watson 417,888 views
- 2:57 How to Make Donutsby TheFoodChannel 532,552 views
- 7:21 How To Make Rainbow Bread - with yoyomax12by yoyomax12 3,101,265 views
- 2:10 How to Make Ice Cream Filled Cupcakesby Howcast 381,421 views
- 56 videos Play all MyYoutubeDesertRecipeLinks4uby Tommy7FilmEpidodes
- 7:29 HOW TO MAKE ONION RINGSby robjnixon 1,701,705 views
- 4:00 HOMEMADE DONUTS: BAKED NOT FRIEDby CookingwithKarma 86,000 views
- 2:14 How to Do the Mind Control Trickby Howcast 394,531 views
- 5:20 Royal Chocolate Biscuit Cakeby cookingwithalia 1,086,826 views
- 3:34 ガリガリくん おかしなかき氷by stpking2005 1,455,162 views
- Loading more suggestions...