How to Make Homemade Doughnuts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 15, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Delicious Desserts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/187-Del...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
If delicious rings of dough dance in your head more often than sugar plums, this guide will have you serving up glazy goodness without leaving your kitchen.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Proof the yeast
Proof the yeast by soaking it in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes. Then add 1 cup all-purpose flour and set aside.
Step 2: Combine butter and sugar
Combine the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and cream them together. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time.
Step 3: Combine vanilla, salt, bread flour
Combine the vanilla, salt, and bread flour and add it to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture a little at a time until they're fully incorporated.
Step 4: Add the yeast mixture
Stir in the yeast mixture and let everything sit for 1 to 2 hours.
Step 5: Roll out the dough
Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½-inch on a floured surface to prevent sticking. Cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter.
Use holiday cookie cutters to create fun-shaped doughnuts for any occasion.
Step 6: Fry the doughnuts
Fry the doughnuts in a deep fryer or cast iron skillet filled with oil heated to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry in small batches, until they're golden brown on both sides.
Use wood skewers to gently flip doughnuts after 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Step 7: Cool and decorate
Cool the doughnuts on a cooling rack and then decorate them or chow them plain.
Did You Know?
The 1,500-calorie "Luther Burger" was created in Decatur, Georgia and uses two glazed doughnuts instead of a bun.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:22 HOW TO MAKE A RAINBOW CAKE - NERDY NUMMIESby Rosanna Pansino Featured 17,842,094
- 1:50 How to Make Homemade Ice Cream in a Plastic Bagby Howcast2,214,123 views
- 1:24 How to Use Peanut Butter in Unusual Waysby Howcast278,506 views
- 1:26 How to Remove a Ring that's Stuck on a Fingerby Howcast335,186 views
- 1:41 How to Use Beer in Unexpected Waysby Howcast93,795 views
- 10:22 The Health Benefits of Gingerby HealingPowerHour2,248,140 views
- 13:34 Sweet Pastry Crust Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking276,785 views
- 3:48 How To Make Donuts - Secrets to Homemade Donutsby WaysAndHow332,801 views
- dunkindonuts 70 videos3K
- 14:55 Red Velvet Cake Recipe Demonstrationby Joy of Baking2,078,511 views
- 6:53 McDONALDS FRENCH FRIES - VIDEO RECIPEby Nicko's Kitchen3,291,478 views
- 4:00 HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE DONUTS: BAKED NOT FRIEDby CookingwithKarma203,780 views
- 11:49 Decorare una torta di compleanno - Decorate a birthday cakeby ItalianCakes1,132,948 views
- 7:05 Krispy Kreme Doughnut Recipe Videoby the99centchef398,999 views
- 4:30 COPYCAT KFC FRIED CHICKEN - HOMEMADEby Nicko's Kitchen3,824,643 views
- 9:41 dum veg. biryaniby Purnata s162,511 views
- 8:45 How To Make Homemade Marshmallowsby Carrie Isaac2,460,019 views
- 5:21 Royal Chocolate Biscuit Cakeby cookingwithalia1,427,002 views
- 6:34 Teased High Bun | Updo Hairstyles | with AnneOrShineby Cute Girls Hairstyles347,577 views
- 6:22 Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipeby Titlis Busy Kitchen1,763,358 views