I support the #OccupyWallStreet Protesters
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 4, 2011
Washington D.C. (October 4, 2011) -- Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) today released the following video and statement in support of the protestors on Wall Street and around the country who have identified themselves with the hashtag #OccupyWallStreet:
"To the young men and women who are braving the overreaction of local authorities to raise their voices against the corruption and manipulation of our nation that emanates from Wall Street: I say to you that your presence is making a difference. You are exercising the right every American holds most dear, the right of freedom of expression, and with that expression you are finally getting the attention of the nation.
"Wall Street banks got billion dollar bailouts but the American people get austerity. Fourteen million Americans are out of work. 50 million people don't have health insurance and a million people a year lose their homes to foreclosure. Our policies take the wealth of the nation and accelerate it into the hands of the few.
"We need a government of the people and for the people. We need a financial system that is of the people and for the people. It is time we take our nation back and take our monetary system back from the big banks.
"I recently introduced H.R. 2990, the National Emergency Employment Defense Act, to put the Federal Reserve under the Treasury, to end the practice of fractional reserve banking and to take control of our monetary policy and make sure it works for the people.
"We can use our Constitutional authority to coin money and spend it into circulation to put millions of Americans back to work in a way that is noninflationary. The time for bold change is now.
"We are the American people. Our dream of freedom and prosperity is too big to fail."
Standard YouTube License
- 3:00 Scary New Message from Anonymous!by neweffectmediaFeatured 2,673,493
- 3:12 The Fed Grants $7.77 Trillion in Secret Bank Loan - Now Do You Understand Occupy Wall Street?by DJKucinich 112,287 views
- 43:09 Professor Steve Keen Briefingby DJKucinich 3,829 views
- 1:03 A Revelation- The Fed Grants $7.77 Trillion in Secret Bank Loansby Dennis 37,193 views
- 1:15 The Founders Did Not Intend For America to Be Run By Big Banks and Wall Streetby DJKucinich 55,585 views
- Occupy Wall Street 46,618 videos840
- 4:09 War with Iran! Are you kidding me? says Dennis Kucinichby StoptheWarCoalition 181,843 views
- 2:29 Bank of America refuses to let customers close accountsby ShowMeProgress's channel 288,018 views
- 6:17 Dennis Kucinich: Federal Reserve No More "Federal" Than Federal Express!by Marcus Riley 26,207 views
- 1:28 Faceoff at 55 Wall St.by strugglevideomedia 296,853 views
- 1:08 Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protesterby Matt Kresling 1,480,083 views
- 5:32 [Orignal full version] 1 Marine vs. 30 Cops (By. J. handy)by Bklyn's Jannah Handy 9,125,971 views
- 1:19 Bernanke confronted about Occupy Wall Street by Senator Bernie Sandersby PlanetEarthAwakens01 12,761 views
- 8:33 Rep. Kucinich: Obama Could be Impeached Over Libyaby TheAlyonaShow 23,830 views
- 4:15 Dennis Kucinich on Santorum's Smear Attacks against Ron Paul - CNN 30 Dec 2011by infopowerment 10,362 views
- 3:19 Nader, Ron Paul, Kucinich Speak to Occupy Wall Street - Originalby Bob Akimbo 81,480 views
- 8:42 ALL of Dennis Kucinich's replies @ 11-15-07 Dem. debateby researchris2 301,630 views
- 4:57 Kucinich Slams Right-Wing Healthcare "Expert"by TheYoungTurks 64,437 views
- 2:19 Occupy Wall Streetby Bernie Sanders 71,411 views
- 2:09 Geraldo and Fox run away from Wall Streetby RTAmerica 233,411 views
- 10:00 Obama Supporters "Occupy" DCby Adam Kokesh 308,393 views
- Loading more suggestions...