I support the #OccupyWallStreet Protesters
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 4, 2011
Washington D.C. (October 4, 2011) -- Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) today released the following video and statement in support of the protestors on Wall Street and around the country who have identified themselves with the hashtag #OccupyWallStreet:
"To the young men and women who are braving the overreaction of local authorities to raise their voices against the corruption and manipulation of our nation that emanates from Wall Street: I say to you that your presence is making a difference. You are exercising the right every American holds most dear, the right of freedom of expression, and with that expression you are finally getting the attention of the nation.
"Wall Street banks got billion dollar bailouts but the American people get austerity. Fourteen million Americans are out of work. 50 million people don't have health insurance and a million people a year lose their homes to foreclosure. Our policies take the wealth of the nation and accelerate it into the hands of the few.
"We need a government of the people and for the people. We need a financial system that is of the people and for the people. It is time we take our nation back and take our monetary system back from the big banks.
"I recently introduced H.R. 2990, the National Emergency Employment Defense Act, to put the Federal Reserve under the Treasury, to end the practice of fractional reserve banking and to take control of our monetary policy and make sure it works for the people.
"We can use our Constitutional authority to coin money and spend it into circulation to put millions of Americans back to work in a way that is noninflationary. The time for bold change is now.
"We are the American people. Our dream of freedom and prosperity is too big to fail."
Standard YouTube License
- 6:00 CNN Anchor Mocks Occupy Wall Street - Cenk Respondsby The Young Turks Featured 113,784
- 3:12 The Fed Grants $7.77 Trillion in Secret Bank Loan - Now Do You Understand Occupy Wall Street?by DJKucinich113,804 views
- 3:05 Keep Occupying Wall Streetby DJKucinich12,143 views
- 2:09 Kucinich to Occupy Wall Street: Don't Forget the Warby DJKucinich8,391 views
- 1:14 We are the United States of America, the greatest country on earth. We don't default.by DJKucinich113,595 views
- 1:49:29 AMERICA — From Freedom To Fascism (Full Length Documentary)by PreserveOurFreedoms288,173 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff educates misguided people at occupy wall street.by us chronicle34,581 views
- 15:01 FIRST LOOK Inside the FEDERAL RESERVE, USD, CASH, GOLD monetary SYSTEM - Americas Money Vault PART 1by Luxetti280,361 views
- 8:33 Rep. Kucinich: Obama Could be Impeached Over Libyaby TheAlyonaShow24,585 views
- 39:41 Glenn Beck Exposes the Private Fed; Gets Fired by Foxby P0LICEstateWATCH481,610 views
- 8:42 ALL of Dennis Kucinich's replies @ 11-15-07 Dem. debateby researchris2303,439 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff at Occupy Wall Street: Full Version, Almost 2 Hours Long!by ReasonTV155,075 views
- 1:47 US Congressman Dennis Kucinich on Al-Qaeda flag over Benghazi Courthouse 02-11-2011by disinpho12,394 views
- 1:23:41 The Gig Is Up Money, the Federal Reserve and Youby Mike Mendez6,929 views
- 3:00 Scary New Message from Anonymous!by neweffectmedia2,954,553 views
- 2:29 Bank of America refuses to let customers close accountsby ShowMeProgress307,369 views
- 6:18 Rep. Dennis Kucinich Grills Donald Rumsfeldby TruthStartsNow4,480 views
- 6:17 Dennis Kucinich: Federal Reserve No More "Federal" Than Federal Express!by Marcus Riley27,060 views
- 7:54 Noam Chomsky on "The Federal Reserve" (2013)by The Chomsky Videos20,255 views
- 4:09 War with Iran! Are you kidding me? says Dennis Kucinichby StoptheWarCoalition207,244 views
- Loading more suggestions...