Published on Aug 16, 2011
Check out Bas Rutten's Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1
This exercise works your abdominal muscles, including the obliques and rectus abdominis.
Start off sitting on the floor. Place your legs in front of you and lean your body backwards until you feel your abs engage.
Lift up your legs off the ground while keeping your body leaning back. Cross them at the ankles.
Now take a single dumbbell and hold it between both hands at the center of your body.
Perform the Exercise
Once you're in the proper position on the floor, you can do the Russian twist exercise.
* Begin with your upper body leaning back and engaging your abs, your legs crossed and raised off the ground, and a dumbbell between your hands.
* Twist your torso to one side by leading with the dumbbell and following with your shoulders.
* Don't turn any farther than your hip.
* Make sure your legs stay crossed and raised during the movement.
* Then twist your torso to the opposite side, again leading with your hands and following with your shoulders.
* For a full workout, continue alternating sides for one minute.
Disclaimer: There is no "one size fits all" approach to exercise, diet or weight loss. Please be aware that not all exercises are for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce your risk of injury, consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Mahalo's experts offer advice that is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling.
Read more by visiting our page at:
Standard YouTube License