Anne Hathaway talks about playing Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises Batman film
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 7, 2012
Subscribe to our channel http://goo.gl/lVN14
Log onto our stream at http://goo.gl/74Ama
Follow us on twitter @BlackTreeTV
Shawn Edwards sits down with Anne Hathaway to discuss her role as Catwoman in the last installment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy.
Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' "The Dark Knight Rises" is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.
But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.
Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar® winner Christian Bale ("The Fighter") again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. "The Dark Knight Rises" also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard ("La Vie en Rose"), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake.
ANNE HATHAWAY (Selina Kyle) was honored with an Academy Award® nomination for Best Actress for her performance in Jonathan Demme's critically acclaimed drama "Rachel Getting Married." For her work in the film, Hathaway also earned Golden Globe, Independent Spirit Award and Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award® nominations, and also won the National Board of Review, Chicago Film Critics Association, and Critics' Choice Awards for Best Actress. She more recently received another Golden Globe nomination, for Best Actress in a Motion Picture -- Comedy or Musical, for her role in Edward Zwick's "Love and Other Drugs," opposite Jake Gyllenhaal.
Later this year, Hathaway stars as Fantine in Tom Hooper's much-anticipated feature film adaptation of the beloved musical "Les Misérables," opening in December.
Hathaway made an auspicious feature film debut with a starring role in Garry Marshall's 2001 hit comedy "The Princess Diaries," and reprised her role in "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement." Her early film credits also include Douglas McGrath's screen rendition of Charles Dickens' "Nicholas Nickleby" and the title role in "Ella Enchanted."
In 2005, Hathaway co-starred with Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger in Ang Lee's groundbreaking drama "Brokeback Mountain," and was nominated with her castmates for a SAG Award® nomination for Outstanding Motion Picture Cast. The following year, she received widespread acclaim for her performance in the smash hit "The Devil Wears Prada," opposite Meryl Streep.
Hathaway has also starred in such diverse films as Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"; "Valentine's Day," which reunited her with Garry Marshall; Gary Winick's "Bride Wars"; Rodrigo Garcia's "Passengers"; Peter Segal's "Get Smart"; the Jane Austen biopic "Becoming Jane"; "Havoc"; and "The Other Side of Heaven." In addition, she lent her voice to the animated hit features "Rio" and "Hoodwinked!," and, in 2010, won an Emmy for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance for the role of Princess Penelope on an episode of "The Simpsons."
Hathaway's theatre credits include Shakespeare in the Park's 2009 production of "Twelfth Night"; Lincoln Center's Encores! presentation of "Carnival," for which she won a 2002 Clarence Derwent Award; Andrew Lloyd Webber's workshop of "Woman in White"; and "Forever Your Child." She also participated in the 2005 celebration gala for Stephen Sondheim's 75th birthday.
In January 2005, Hathaway traveled to Cambodia on behalf of the documentary "A Moment in the World," organized by Angelina Jolie. The project placed approximately 25 participants in various locations on a specific day, each instructed to videotape their surroundings at the same specific moment in time.
Born in New York, Hathaway studied acting at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey and at the award-winning Barrow Group in New York City, where she was the first and only teen ever admitted to their intensive acting program. In 2005, she was honored for her achievements by the Barrow Group. She also studied in the musical theatre program with the Collaborative Arts Project, CAP 21, affiliated with NYU. An accomplished dancer, she studied at the Broadway Dance Center in New York City. Additionally, she performed in two concerts at Carnegie Hall as a member of the All-Eastern US High School Honors Chorus. She began her professional career on television on the series "Get Real."
A BlackTree Media Production A BlackTree Media Production Thank you for watching!
Standard YouTube License
Next in The Dark Knight Rises
- 0:54 Anne Hathaway talks about Catwoman and gets offendedby Chris Van VlietFeatured 268,328
- 4:23 Christopher Nolan talks about the Batman Trilogy | The Dark Knight Risesby BlackTree TV 29,948 views
- 3:55 The Dark Knight Rises | Morgan Freeman talks about the 'Batman Trilogy'by BlackTree TV 28,966 views
- 3:55 Anne Hathaway says she initially didn't want to play Cat Womanby BlackTree TV 10,422 views
- 5:00 Catwoman: Anne Hathaway Vrs Halle Berry Vrs Michelle Pfeifferby reynaalicia criticona 66,991 views
- 1:24 The Dark Knight Rises - Batman gives Catwoman the Batpod (HD)by Why So Serious!? 258,237 views
- 9:25 Anne Hathaway - David Letterman (The Devil Wears Prada)by boneshk 760,986 views
- 7:18 Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway Interview for LOVE AND OTHER DRUGSby Jake Hamilton Presents: JAKE'S TAKES! 542,980 views
- 6:39 Anne Hathaway Interview on Live With Kellyby DarkKnightNewsCom 35,184 views
- 4:54 Anne Hathaway Talks Landing Role Of "Catwoman" In 'The Dark Knight Rises'by Clevver Movies 31,494 views
- 3:55 Anne Hathaway - Max 60 Seconds (Cinemax)by Cinemax 346,502 views
- 3:47 Anne Hathaway's Shocking 'Valentine's Day' Researchby The Ellen DeGeneres Show 489,489 views
- 1:38 Catwoman "Oooops" Scene HD - The Dark Knight Risesby CoolCoolMovies 140,207 views
- 7:24 The Dark Knight Rises Interview - Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman (2012) Batman Movie HDby Movies Coming Soon 141,776 views
- 3:40 The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway on Regis and Kelly 8/18/11 part 1by Legions of Gotham Batman Videos 35,635 views
- 3:55 Supervillain Origins: Catwomanby WatchMojo 416,536 views
- 5:33 The Dark Knight Rises reviews (CRITICS)by talkaboutmovies 31,878 views
- 7:32 The Dark Knight Rises Interview - Christian Bale (2012) HDby MovieclipsCOMINGSOON 328,794 views
- 5:49 Anne Hathaway Interview - The Dark Knight Risesby heyuguysblog 33,049 views
- 5:21 Anne Hathaway + Joseph Gordon Levitt sing together LIVE HDby razorstarzz 608,638 views
- Loading more suggestions...