Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 29, 2012
This song was filmed on location at the Cowshed Studio Glastonbury, just off the Greenpeace Stage on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the blossoming Greenpeace organization. The green straw-bailed studio concept was conceived by Joe Leach which can be read about here
Humbuzzer recorded their song 'The Choir' with their own incomplete choir, they duly doubled the tape, you can sing along for a more believable chorus effect C;. The raising voices theme was of protest and 'The Choir' serves an encouragement to join up and protest in order to rebuild seeming lost hope, in the face of extreme challenges. The song, well, perhaps its some blues, perhaps something, a different style perhaps, perhaps just played out on a Saturday from four to five. No time for fifty takes here Elvis.
A joking reference to the challenge of the studio project is acknowledged as incidental, as the rain encouraged the famous mud outside the session, situated bang in the middle of the festival site.
Breached levies and dams in Louisiana were the real inspiration for the song written back in 2005.
Global warming needs no introduction. If the body of water and waves were personified, then the earth has slapped us hard, the years of heritage scattered on the storm path reveals this clearly. There was a less turbulent time, when one safely build to withstand the elements with experiences conceived over thousands of years. These hurricanes were less destructive then, they were slowed by the vast forest wetlands and swamps of the Coushatta and Chitimacha and later settlers such as the Creole, Cajun, Spanish, English, German, West Indians, Africans, Irish and Italians to the vast array of nationalities contained today.
'Arcadia' real and imagined, is situated in one of the melting pot's of the world, from where the base notes of western music ascend. The surge of Katrina seen our heritage sinking. All said, it doesn't mean we cant bail out and start again, the rebuilding and reforming is in full swing.... Join The Choir, raise a tree, support charities that help in the rebuilding of natural defenses and support the people of Louisiana as they rescue and rebuild their heritage.
This is a futuristic sound from an original band, touring off the borders of Cavan and Monaghan in Ireland. They respect and celebrate the past to positively inform the consciousness of the present. A place where Bono is homeless, people speak Gaelic, and the last wolves are still alive. They create their own atmosphere, so bring your friends, and enjoy that Humbuzzer feeling.
Find them here:
Passage tombs and monuments (we believe Stonehenge was a job by Irish developers) are common on the ancient Irish landscape where Humbuzzer formed.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:12 Worst Choir ever?by Scott Green4,475,278 views
- 4:10 The Choirby HUMBUZzER IRELAND248 views
- 9:26 The Stranglers - Hanging Around - Roundhouse Restartby David Charles Purple37,074 views
- 3:50 Weight Of Goldby HUMBUZzER IRELAND354 views
- 15:35 Time Freeze Effect - Filmmaking Tutorial 36by Tom Antos81,127 views
- 6:48 Deanne Bednar, The Strawbale Studioby happyfrogdetroit309 views
- 8:00 East Coast Acadian Music (12/16/10 - DAY 284-285)by TheChaseons2,208 views
- 13:17 Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir 4: Fly to Paradiseby EricWhitacresVrtlChr539,398 views
- 3:11 HUMBUZzER TELEVISIONby HUMBUZzER IRELAND286 views
- 1:12:34 AGNUS DEI - Sacred Choral Music - The Choir of New College, Oxford. E.HIGGINBOTTOM [Full Album]by LAMIRAL45119,813 views
- 6:59 Only Boys Aloud - The Welsh choir's Britain's Got Talent 2012 audition - UK versionby Britain's Got Talent7,080,967 views
- 6:25 Fender Strat XII 12 string slide guitar improvisationby Ed Ricco Music3,323 views
- 4:02 '60s Fenders, Mustang & 12-Stringby Jon 'Mojo' Mills52,985 views
- 3:49 Holding Holden by Humbuzzerby HUMBUZzER IRELAND798 views
- 3:35 SHIELD, RECORDING @ COWSHED STUDIO, GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2011by theportraitsmusic241 views
- 4:32 Streets of London Verse tutorialby Gil MacBean46,185 views
- 9:43 Possible Course on Acadian Historyby zeroteku617 views
- 3:33 Recording Vocals with Zeinab.wmvby Shee Graham241 views
- 3:00 Bruce Daigrepont: Acadie À La Louisiane (Acadia To Louisiana)by SonOfLabrador38,042 views
- 5:08 Shake It Out: Choral Tribute to Florence and The Machine by the Capital Children's Choirby capitalchoir1,282,235 views
- Loading more suggestions...