Summit Protecting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Veterans' Benefits
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Streamed live on May 8, 2013
Speakers for the Summit on Protecting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and veterans' benefits:
1. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
2. Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI)
3. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
4. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
5. Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN)
6. Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ)
7. Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR)
8. Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI)
9. Ed Coyle, Executive Director of the Alliance for Retired Americans to introduce three senior citizens:
10. Jody Weinrich - Allentown, PA -
11. Martin Walsh - St. Louis County, MO
12. Martina Alvarado - San Antonio, TX
JOIN US FOR A SUMMIT:
PROTECT SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE, AND MEDICAID, and VETERANS' BENEFITS
Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT), the Defending Social Security Caucus, the Alliance for Retired Americans, the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, and the Strengthen Social Security Campaign invite you to speak at a summit to protect Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and veterans' benefits.
Date: Wednesday, May 8th
Time: 12:30 PM
Location: 902 Hart Senate Office Building
Please join with every major organization representing senior citizens, working families, veterans, women, and persons with disabilities in support of protecting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits.
The summit will highlight the growing opposition to cutting Cost of Living Adjustments (COLAs) for Social Security and disabled veterans.
- Under the chained CPI, average 65-year-old retirees would lose $658 a year in Social Security benefits by their 75th birthday, $1,147 by their 85th birthday, and $1,622 by their 95th birthday.
- The chained CPI would cut the benefits of more than 3.2 million disabled veterans in this country. Permanently disabled veterans who started receiving disability benefits from the VA at age 30 would see their benefits cut by more than $1,400 a year at age 45, $2,300 a year at age 55 and $3,200 a year at age 65.
- The chained CPI also would amount to an across-the-board tax increase on working families. More than three-quarters of the new revenue raised by the year 2021 under the chained CPI would come from Americans making less than $200,000 a year. Those making between $30,000 and $40,000 would be hit the hardest.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:28 長顆粒 齊寶香教學示範by Chien Michael Featured 20,554
- 50:36 Over Two Million Americans Tell Obama: No Cuts to Social Security and Medicare Benefitsby We Act Radio16,626 views
- 6:00 Sen. Elizabeth Warren Speaks up for Security, Medicare, Medicaid and Veterans Benefitsby We Act Radio7,538 views
- 7:02 Sen Bernie Sanders Speaks up for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and Veterans Benefitsby We Act Radio315 views
- 4:38:20 Latinos For A Secure Retirementby We Act Radio105 views
- 9:28 warning!!! be careful about signing up for medicaidby Martin Brodel683 views
- 7:57 Elizabeth Warren Lays Out Why We Should Expand Social Securityby Occupy Democrats453 views
- 58:21 Sibel Edmonds on Gladio B - Part 2by corbettreport11,943 views
- 1:02:03 The Best of George Carlin: Exposing our government and fall of humanity one joke at a timeby BrainFeed.ca1,160,467 views
- 25:06 GABORONE SADC Closing 7 June 2011by Jeannot Ramambazafy2,146 views
- 14:22 Planning Social Security Retirement? We use Social Security Calculator to get maximum benefits.by Steve Miller931 views
- 11:11 Noam Chomsky and George Carlin on Republicans and Social Securityby NRUN6547,788 views
- 4:03 Elizabeth Warren On Illegal Foreclosures. INCREDIBLE VIDEOby Les Grossman38,696 views
- 18:21 SSDI Hearing Videoby vitalink50,932 views
- 9:56 Milton Friedman - The Social Security Mythby LibertyPen137,555 views
- 26:36 Milton Friedman vs Bill Clinton (1999)by BasicEconomics117,712 views
- 7:32 Are you disabled? Social Security Disability five step test.by kazmie2527,774 views
- 4:08 TOP 10 BEST COUNTRIES TO RETIRE 2013by vemetv10,124 views
- 3:40 How to Take Advantage of Social Security's Spousal Benefitby BAMAdvisorServices2,145 views
- 23:47 JC's Road Trip - Living the Beach Life --Ao Nang Krabi, Thailand - Part 1by retirecheapjc5,960 views
- Loading more suggestions...