Electrostatic Discharge in a Hydraulic Test Rig
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 27, 2012
A video showing electrostatic discharge happening in real time in a competitor's element (on the left) in comparison to our newly developed Stat-Free® elements (on the right).
The introduction of new hydraulic and lubricant oils which conform to the latest ash-free standards through the elimination of traditional anti-wear additives, mainly zinc, has meant that these oils have been rendered non-conductive. Non-conductive fluids passing through high performance filters with a modest hydraulic load will produce a static charge which will be carried in the fluid around the system.
Problems occur in the following areas:
1.Static discharge through the filter element burns holes in the filter media rendering the filter useless.
2.Static discharge in the oil will burn it and cause it to age prematurely.
3.Static discharge can create explosive hazards, e.g. in systems and hazardous zones.
4.Static discharge could affect electronic equipment and either damage or cause inconsistent malfunction from electromagnetic waves.
The solution is to fit a HYDAC Stat-Free® filter for new build systems or a Stat-Free® element for existing systems.
Hydac have a comprehensive range of elements which can be retrofitted for most makes of filter and offer an extremely cost-effective solution to this potential problem.
Types of systems likely to be affected:
•Mobile hydraulic systems employing high performance filters with a modest hydraulic load.
•Industrial high flow hydraulic systems using mineral or synthetic fluids employing filters with a modest hydraulic load.
•Lubrication systems of medium to high flow with high performance filters.
For advice on your particular application please contact the Fluid Care department on 01993 866366.
If you have a significant plant and require a health check, we would be happy to investigate and give recommendations.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:50 How to Shock Anything & Fry Electronics with a Touch!by NightHawkInLight Featured 681,260
- 8:25 how to repack your hydraulic cylinderby 1159 Videos59,325 views
- 7:04 WM1000 with new hydraulic systemby Wood-Mizer Industries829,441 views
- 10:54 CSB Safety Video: Static Sparks Explosion in Kansasby USCSB70,821 views
- 12:04 Salto de longitud femenino Campeonato de España 2013 en pista cubiertaby benito lopez42,748 views
- 9:03 No Spark Diagnosis (Honda) - EricTheCarGuyby EricTheCarGuy197,074 views
- 7:25 JAVELIN Specific Conditioning session by Didier POPPE.m4vby DPTHROWSCOACHING8,524 views
- 4:46 Waste Oil Stove Burner - Modifiedby OLetsRoll33,777 views
- 8:36 AC Performance Test - EricTheCarGuyby EricTheCarGuy51,611 views
- 3:16 Arkansas Track and Field Presents Common Errors and Corrections Javelinby SportsDVDs7,520 views
- 18:42 TEDxPortsmouth - Dr. Alan Watkins - Being Brilliant Every Single Day (Part 1)by TEDxTalks267,432 views
- 17:43 EEVblog #228 - New Lab Progress...by EEVblog38,439 views
- 6:05 Pilot bei Air Berlin ZDF "Mein letzter Tag" Heinz Fehlemann & David Eggertby schnegge917192,188 views
- 4:49 HYDAC Diesel PreCareby HYDACAustralia301 views
- 4:02 Will new oil with less zinc damage your old engine?by RockAuto Auto Parts10,687 views
- 11:21 Motovario Groupby ROBERTA DEBBIA14,903 views
- 24:29 CBSE-12th-Physics-001-Electrostatics-01by Rajesh Verma29,739 views
- 2:58 RT FILTERTECHNIKby Hüseyin Akman688 views
- 5:53 Top 10 best long jumpers of all time (men)by Magnusur195,914 views
- 1:58 Head 2 Head: Quaker State oil filter vs Fram Extra Guard oil filterby kemorc25,944 views
- Loading more suggestions...