This video is unavailable.
Golf Swing Lessons, Tips & Instruction - Correct Pivot by Jim McLean
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 8, 2009
golf swing lesson, tips and instructions by Jim McLean. How to pivot correctly in the swing of golf, How to fix swaying and reverse pivot.
Jim McLean Endorse PivotPro. PivotPro is the recipient of PGA Prestigious "New Product" Award.
Jim McLean is the 1994 PGA National Teacher of the Year, owner of the Jim McLean Golf Schools which include: Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami, Florida, PGA WEST in La Quinta, California, La Quinta Resort in La Quinta, California, and Grand Traverse Resort in Traverse City, Michigan.
Jim is probably best known for his research on the golf swing and his work on The X-Factor ®, which describes in detail, body motions, body angles and body positions. The X-Factor ® and Y-Factor ® are just a few terms Jim has coined over the last 3 decades of golf research. The Eight Step video is the all time best selling video on The Golf Channel and the all time #1 golf DVD in America. Jims Eight Step Swing book was ranked by Sports Illustrated as one of the top golf instruction books of the 20th century (ranked #11). The Golf Swing: Ben Hogan video has won 6 major awards the most of any golf video in history.
Jims playing achievements include being one of the few people to qualify for the US Junior, the US Amateur (4 times) the US Open (2 times) and the US Senior Open and has also been a contestant in the Masters (where he made the cut). Winner of the Northwest Open and 3 time winner of the Pacific Northwest Amateur. Jim qualified for the National Club Pro Championships ten times. He also was an All-American at the University of Houston and has a B.A. in Economics. He played on teams with John Mahaffey, Bruce Lietzke, Bill Rogers, Fuzzy Zoeller, Tom Jenkins, Bobby Wadkins, Bobby Walzel, Bruce Ashworth. He was a winner of more than 50 Junior and Amateur Titles in the Pacific Northwest. Jim was also named 1st alternate to the US World Cup Team in 1972. He played the PGA Tour during the winter of 1982.
Jims professional achievements include: National PGA Teaching Committee Member, National PGA Education Committee, National PGA Awards Committee and PGA Master Professional (1990). Jim is an Instruction Editor for Golf Digest since 1997 and instrution Editor and Advisor for The Golf Channel since its inception in 1995. Jim appears regularly on The Golf Channel Academy. He was the Co-Chairman of the PGA Teaching and Coaching Summit in 1992 held in San Francisco. He has led over 50 national teaching and playing workshops for the PGA of America and has been the featured speaker at 6 National PGA Teaching Summits and 4 Teaching & Coaching Summits in Europe. He was Master Instructor for Golf Magazine from 1990 1997 and was an Instruction Writer for Golf Illustrated.
Jim McLean has worked extensively with many top teachers including Jimmy Ballard, Art Bell, Jackie Burke, Harry Cooper, Jack Grout, Claude Harmon, Johnny Revolta, Bob Toski, Ken Venturi, Butch Harmon, Manuel De La Torre, among many others. Jim has taught more than 100 PGA Tour, LPGA and Senior PGA Tour players including: Dana Quigley, Hal Sutton, Brad Faxon, Tom Kite, Sergio Garcia, Lenny Mattiace, Curtis Strange, Bernhard Langer, Cristie Kerr, Blaine McCallister, Ben Crenshaw, Jerry Pate, Gary Player, Liselotte Neuman, Peter Jacobsen & Steve Elkington.
Jim has also worked extensively with five junior golfers who reach the #1 spot at the National Rankings: Cristie Kerr, Eric Compton, Tyler Leon, James Vargas, Liz Janagelo. The Jim McLean Golf Schools have produced many top juniors who have received college scholarships and have been All Americans.
Jim is the author of the following top selling instructional books, videos and CD-Roms:
■The Eight Step Swing (revised 2001)
■Golf Warm-Ups (video) 2002
■Idiots Guide to the Short Game
■The Golf Swing: Ben Hogan (Video)
■The X-Factor (Video)
■The Eight Step Swing (Video)
■20 Problems/20 Solutions (Video)
■The X-Factor Golf Swing
■The Eight Step Swing
■Sport ware Golf (CD-ROM)
■Golf Digest Book of Drills
■Swing Thoughts (Video)
■The Putters Pocket Companion
■Wedge Game Pocket Companion
■The Eight Step Swing (CD-ROM)
■The 10 Fundamentals (Video)
■Swing Saver (CD-ROM)
■Sam Snead, A Swing for a Lifetime (Video)
■Golf Digests Ultimate Book of Drills
■X-Factor II DVD
■The 3 Scoring Clubs
■Power Drills DVD
■The Building Block Approach (2009)
■The 8 Step Swing 3rd Edition (2009)
■The Slot Swing (2009)
Standard YouTube License
- 2:10 Backswing Pivot and Shoulder Turn Golf Drillby SirSwingsAlotFeatured 193,384
- 2:55 (3 of 4) Golf Body Pivot - Fundamentals of the Golf Swing by the IMG Academy golf programby imgleadbetter 68,408 views
- 10 videos Play all Golf Swing Techniquesby SwingManGolf
- 15:44 Golf Tips- Jim McLean Impact Lessonby GolfTips4JimMcLean 156,852 views
- 2:17 The golf swing made simpleby Tom Cannarozzo 53,804 views
- 1:39:00 David Leadbetter Golf The Short Gameby Pavel Sidorenco 51,485 views
- 5:19 ben hogan back swing by jimby yuchingth 78,807 views
- 11:48 Golf Tips- Fred Couples Swing Analysis by Jim McLeanby GolfTips4JimMcLean 43,862 views
- 2:41 Mike Bender's Favorite Golf Drillby Edwin Watts 133,985 views
- 4:31 Golf Lessons - Stop hitting the ground before the ballby DerekHooperGOLF 28,493 views
- 2:25 Golf Tip: Role of Left Arm in Swing; Jim Ballardby golflink 251,965 views
- 1:55 Bobby Cole: Reverse Pivot Cureby golflink 24,064 views
- 2:21 Hitting 3-5 Irons Too Low - Golf Swing Lessons, Tips & Instructionby SwingManGolf 190,095 views
- 1:54 The Golf Fix: Add Downswing Lagby GolfsHome 291,960 views
- 6:44 The Real Single Plane Golf Swing - "Little Moe" explainsby GravesGolfAcademy 292,759 views
- 7:37 "Over the top" or "In the slot": Golf Lesson by Herman Williams, PGAby hermanwilliamsgolf 111,863 views
- 4:18 Takeaway and Starting Swing; #1 Most Popular Golf Teacher on You Tube Shawn Clementby Shawn Clement 450,665 views
- 3:03 Golf Swing Tip: Correcting your reverse pivot & hit the ball fartherby BobBurns192 27,316 views
- 5:38 Ben Hogan Reverse Pivot - Learn How to Stop a Reverse Pivot!by Chuck Quinton 172,209 views
- 1:37 How To Recognize and Fix Your Reverse Pivot In Your Golf Swingby MyPGAGolfCoach 10,297 views
- 6:48 2008 Golf Swing Review Part 1 Heel Down; #1 Most Popular Golf Teacher on You Tube Shawn Clementby Shawn Clement 45,208 views
- Loading more suggestions...