AJWS Volunteer Summer: Volunteer Testimony
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 2, 2007
American Jewish World Service Volunteer Summer
Join a network of Jews in tikkun olam (repairing the world) by devoting yourself to volunteering and active engagement in the developing world. Pursue justice for those in need and promote social change in Africa, Asia or Latin America. Build friendships with other volunteers and local community members. Immerse yourself in another culture. Devote yourself to a project of great worth.
Participants volunteer for seven weeks with an AJWS partner organization in a rural area in the developing world. Projects require intense physical labor (approximately seven hours a day, five days a week). Structured discussions occur at least four times a week, and opportunities abound for cross-cultural exchange and community building within the group.
Following the summer, participants continue in the domestic yearlong program which includes retreats, public speaking engagements, article writing, advocacy and volunteer service.
Jewish young adults between the ages of 16 and 24.
All four groups consist of 15 participants. AJWS group leaders will guide each of the high school, college and post-college groups.
AJWS Volunteer Summer is a pluralistic program that welcomes and accommodates young adults from every stream of Judaism. We consider applications from within and outside of the U.S., and we value diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Four projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America are being offered this year. Three projects are for young adults 18-24, and one is for current high school juniors and seniors. Projects are hosted by AJWS-supported community-based organizations.
During the summer of 2006, projects included: building a new community center for a village in Ghana's Upper Volta region; rebuilding roads in Guatemala; working on a sustainable fishing project and day care center in Thailand; and the high school group constructed a potable water system in a village outside of Siguatepeque, Honduras.
For more information, visit www.ajws.org/service
Standard YouTube License
- 1:09:12 Judd Apatow - Serious Jibber-Jabber with Conan O'Brien - CONAN on TBSby Team Coco84,416 views
- 33:13 Howard Stern - Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow 7-30-09by Hoorah77817,834 views
- 2:44 Preview scene #3 from "Next year in Bombay" (documentary on the Jews of Bombay/Mumbai - India)by Jonas Pariente2,836 views
- 2:04 Volunteer Abroad in Ghana - Why a good volunteer org is niceby THEWDIM8,620 views
- 16:59 Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder talks to Judd Apatow about Lightning Boltby AppleFooFighter29,851 views
- 10:02 Honduras Summer 2008 - Mi Vida . . . So Farby JD Russell1,037 views
- 5:54 MAITE HONDURAS BAÑANDO A LOS NIÑOSby geomaite1,568 views
- 7:38 AJWS in action around the globeby AJWS20071,535 views
- 8:36 Inspire Kenya volunteering with childrenby mucklem2,189 views
- 7:37 AJWS VS 2007 LIKPE MATE, GHANAby gslayen799 views
- 14:40 AJWS Volunteer Summer Uganda 2010 (Part 1)by Marc Hassan266 views
- 4:29 Ghana Volunteer Projectby RealGapExperience11,559 views
- 7:22 GVI - Global Vision International : Volunteer Abroad in Guatemalaby GlobalVisionInt4,279 views
- 4:09 AJWS GHANA 2010 FIA:Young People Making a Difference, Nina Mermelstein interviewby lpbbdw959 views
- 5:20 Guatemala Outreach, February 2009by reachvideo2,220 views
- 4:04 Plaza Siguatepeque, Hondurasby lanza0333,514 views
- 3:57 Crowd volunteers 2013by ManayeR Graphy1,633 views
- 1:30 AJWS Volunteer Summer: Ghanaby AJWS20074,172 views
- 6:45 Honduras Summer 2008 - Una Semana Espectacularby JD Russell567 views
- 9:48 Volunteering in Eilat - You know U want to.....by michpich76852 views
- Loading more suggestions...