Dartmouth-Hitchcock Social Media Tips for Employees
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 4, 2010
Many of us use social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and MySpace in our personal lives, and sometimes in our professional lives as well.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock has recently approved a policy governing employees' use of social media tools. While you'll want to read the official policy, this article will go over some of the main points of the policy. We've also created this short video to clarify the use of social media tools by Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees.
A few important things to remember:
* Social media is everywhere... and what you write is forever. Your posting may be read by patients, their families, your supervisor, your co-workers, and even your future employers, for years to come.
* A simple rule of thumb: if you wouldn't say something in a loud voice in the crowded cafeteria, you shouldn't say it on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media sites.
* All of your activities on social media sites must be consistent with the professional standards of Dartmouth-Hitchcock and its Code of Ethical Conduct.
* In all cases, the use or disclosure of Patient Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Heath Information (PHI) on social media sites is strictly prohibited.
* Any communication with patients and their family members via social media sites must be unrelated to the care a patient has received at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, or to a patient's medical condition. Any communication regarding the D-H workplace may be viewed by patients and their family members and is subject to rules of confidentiality and professionalism.
What is social media? The policy covers postings to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and MySpace, as well as postings to online forums, blogs, and wikis.
When can I use social media? Even if you have your own phone and you're just sending a quick tweet, you may only use social media for personal reasons on your own time, such as during scheduled breaks or meals.
Where can I use social media? All personal use of social media, either on your own device or on Dartmouth-Hitchcock equipment, must take place away from areas where you're likely to run into patients or the general public, such as kiosks or clinical care stations.
What's not allowed?
* Posting language that is obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, pornographic, or otherwise illegal
* Posting protected health information or patient identifiable information
* Using information created by or for Dartmouth-Hitchcock - such as logos, pictures, and videos - without the approval of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Public Affairs and Marketing department. It's copyrighted content.
* Creating social media sites that are branded as Dartmouth-Hitchcock without the approval of Public Affairs and Marketing
Standard YouTube License
- 24:42 FARIÑAS: MGA PALUSOT NI CHIEF JUSTICE CORONAby PHILIPPINES: POVERTY IS A REAL THINGFeatured 4,169
- 15:49 Graduate Medical Education at Dartmouth-Hitchcockby Dartmouth-Hitchcock 1,494 views
- 4:21 The Birthing Pavilion at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Centerby DartmouthHitchcock 1,546 views
- 7:20 Hannah Kearney: ACL Reconstruction at Dartmouth-Hitchcockby DartmouthHitchcock 2,177 views
- 4:04 Dartmouth-Hitchcock 2012 Employee Art Showby Dartmouth-Hitchcock 289 views
- 12:44 Kabrina Chang: Facebook Got Me Fired- Legal and Management Issues for Social Networkingby BUManagement 2,442 views
- 23:31 Inaugural address by Jim Yong Kimby Dartmouth 12,733 views
- 2:21 Employees & Social Media: A Corporate Dilemmaby GuruTubeVideos 2,012 views
- 3:33 SPAR und Social Mediaby SPAROesterreich 1,541 views
- 1:19 Social Media Guidelines for Meltwater Group Employeesby MeltwaterGroup 4,867 views
- 2:40 Open Enrollment? What's That? (final cut)by tEWNvideo 3,417 views
- 6:21 You are Krones - Tips for using social mediaby kronestv 4,551 views
- 1:23 Social Media Do's and Don'ts Employee Trainingby Skillsack 1,422 views
- 4:20 Social Media Policyby VictoriaGovDOJTV 94,705 views
- 4:38 KPMG Social Media Guidelines - Think Global, Think Socialby KPMG 12,448 views
- 2:18 A Day in the Life of Social Mediaby Daniel Brian 167,304 views
- 4:12 How to make awesome t-shirt letters!by luvucoast2coast 287,550 views
- 3:31 Employees' use of social media at work and at homeby ohiobar 2,419 views
- 1:08 Social Media in the Workplaceby oseland99 4,614 views
- 5:52 Social Media Policy Examplesby iBoostco's channel 599 views
- Loading more suggestions...