Woody Harrelson "Nobody's Mentioning Vietnam..." Semi-Pro
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 16, 2008
Woody Harrelson plays Monix, a former benchwarmer for the Boston Celtics who is acquired by the Flint Tropics in a trade for a washing machine. "I have a championship ring from my days on the Celtics, but I've been dropped down to the ABA and playing for the Kentucky Colonels," says Harrelson. "I get the golden opportunity to come to Flint, Michigan and play for the Tropics. That's my character's trajectory."
Woody Harrelson (Monix)
An accomplished actor in film, television and on the stage, Woody Harrelson has received Academy Award, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Nominations as Best Actor for his critically-acclaimed portrayal of controversial magazine publisher Larry Flynt in Milos Forman's drama, The People vs. Larry Flynt.
Harrelson will be seen in the 2008 films The Grand, an ensemble comedy for director Zak Penn, and Battle in Seattle, directed by Stuart Townsand, as well as Transsiberian, directed by Brad Anderson and co-starring Emily Mortimer and Kate Mara. The film premiered at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
Harrelson can currently be seen in the Coen Brothers' No Country for Old Men, a film that has garnered much attention with multiple Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations. Past credits include: After the Sunset, Play It To The Bone, The Thin Red Line, The Hi-Lo County, ED TV, Wag The Dog, Welcome To Sarajevo, Kingpin, Natural Born Killers, Indecent Proposal, White Men Can't Jump, The Big White, A Scanner Darkly, North Country, The Prize Winner of Definance, Ohio and A Prairie Home Companion.
Harrelson first endeared himself to millions of viewers as a member of the ensemble cast of NBC's long-running hit comedy, "Cheers." For his work as the affable bartender Woody Boyd, he won an Emmy in 1988 and was nominated four additional times during his eight-year run on the show. In 1999, he gained another Emmy nomination when he reprised the role in a guest appearance on the spin-off series "Frasier." He later made a return to television with a recurring guest role on the hit NBC series, "Will and Grace."
Balancing his film and television work, in 1999 Harrelson revived a career long commitment to the theatre by directing his own play, "Furthest from the Sun" at the Theatre de la Juene Lune in Minneapolis. He followed next with the Roundabout's Broadway revival of the N. Richard Nash play "The Rainmaker" in 2000, Sam Sheperd's "The Late Henry Moss" in 2001, John Kolvenbach's "On An Average Day" opposite Kyle MacLachlan in London's West End in the fall of 2002, and in the summer of 2003 Harrelson directed the Toronto premiere of Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" at the Berkeley Street Theatre. In the winter of 2005/2006 Harrelson returned to London's West End, starring in Tennessee Williams' "Night of the Iguana" at the Lyric Theatre.
A committed environmentalist, Harrelson joined his activism with his film efforts in Ron Mann's "Go Further," a road documentary following Woody and friends on their bicycle journey down the Pacific Coast Highway from Seattle to Santa Barbara.
Along with being daddy to his three beautiful daughters, closest to his heart is www.voiceyourself.com, a website Harrelson co-created with his wife, Laura Louie, which promotes and inspires individual action to create global momentum towards simple organic living and to restore balance and harmony to our planet.
A BlackTree Media Production
Produced By Jamaal Finkley
Hostess: Ms. Brooke Christopher
http://www.blacktree.tv A BlackTree Media Production Thank you for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 7:31 Will Ferrell on Being A Pop Singing Sensation, 'Semi-Pro'by BlackTree TV31,817 views
- 5:28 Andre 3000 - "Are You Done Rapping?" - Semi-Proby BlackTree TV423,546 views
- 6:56 Semi-Pro, Will Arnett interview on BlackTree TVby BlackTree TV23,033 views
- 2:11 Angelina Jolie is 'Wanted' Brand New Trailerby BlackTree TV10,058,373 views
- 9:02 Woody Harrelson: "The Happy Hippie"by hckrwolf35,643 views
- 4:17 Woody Harrelson discusses "The Most Dangerous Man in America"by First Run Features - Trailers, Free Content, and More!103,515 views
- 3:27 10 Questions with Woody Harrelsonby Strombo83,902 views
- 2:33 Welcome to Sarajevo (1997)by xiaobai549,905 views
- 10:27 Will Ferrell Hilarious Acceptance Speech At The Mark Twain Comedy Award 2011by cocksandballs1232,622,314 views
- 54:04 Woody Harrelson on Howard Stern (7/16/12)by grindhouse14194,299 views
- 9:23 Larry Flynt on The Henry Rollins Show! Pt 1by moose114411127,645 views
- 21:51 Woody Harrelson on QTVby Q with Jian Ghomeshi21,298 views
- 2:06 Go Further - Trailerby Cinedigm3,715 views
- 1:53 Woody Harrelson on Freaking Outby Strombo19,840 views
- 12:05 Woody Harrelson interview on David Letterman HD - November 4, 2013by Daily Videos31,511 views
- 3:36 Funny scene from Semi-Pro (first time alley-oop)by Ak Az140,016 views
- 6:38 Michael Eric Dyson Schools Racist "Libertarian" Andrew Breitbart on Real Time with Bill Maherby Reich-Wing Watch296,735 views
- 2:45 Liam Hemsworth & Woody Harrelson joke about Jennifer Lawrence's Diva Anticsby Marty2312,256 views
- 8:16 Semi Pro Funny Clipsby Demarini71691555,518 views
- 5:07 Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig hilarious presenting speech @ 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards 2013by AdamGale1,553,456 views
- Loading more suggestions...