Stella's Stocking - Atari 2600 Homebrew
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 14, 2010
Stella's Stocking is an original Atari 2600 homebrew game published by AtariAge: http://www.atariage.com
Stella's Stocking was the 2007 AtariAge Holiday Cart and now it's available again in case you missed it the first time around! Stella's Stocking isn't one, but FIVE different games! A large team of programmers, artists and designers worked hard to create a very unique offering on the 2600. From the moment you fire up Stella's Stocking you'll realize you have something special. To cram five different games into this cartridge, along with a menu that features quite possibly the best music ever heard in a 2600 game, we created a new 64K board just for this release! This is the first (and presently only) 64K Atari 2600 game that we've published.
Each game included in Stella's Stocking is briefly described below: * Stay Frosty -- You were just chilling out at the North Pole, when a short-circuiting string of Christmas lights on Santa's barn set the reindeer dust on fire. Now magic fireballs are threatening to melt everything. It's up to you to put them out so you can keep your cool, however that's not an easy task for someone made of frozen water! * Elf Dash -- Holly the elf sighed. Santa is on his flight, the warehouse is locked up, and the big year-end party starts in 10 minutes. What a year! The elf magic to make toys load themselves in the sleigh went haywire sending toys flying around knocking elves down. The elevators went nuts too, and won't stop running. Holly grimaced as a loud crash came from warehouse. "I'll deal with that tomorrow.", she promised herself. Ben elf burst in shouting, "Ms. Claus is on a rampage!". "Oh no!" whimpered Holly, "What now?". Ms Claus has an inferiority complex. She hates being relegated to baking cookies and smiling in a grandmotherly way. "She says the party decorations aren't good enough. Here is what she wants.", piped Ben. Holly eyed the list, "Oh great! This stuff is all over the warehouse, and I just finished locking up.". Help Holly collect the items demanded by Ms. Claus in time, or be demoted to cleaning out the stables. * Cold War -- It's war and you're on the front lines! Take control of two snowmen, pack some fresh snow into a frozen ball of destruction, take aim, and...throw! Watch for return fire, as you don't want to be the next snowman to fall in this battle! Blast through fortifications to reach the snowmen across the battlefield! Survive this battle and you won't be turned into a snow cone! * Grandma's Revenge -- You've probably heard about the incident where Grandma had a run-in with a reindeer many a Christmas ago. Well, it's not a legend, and now that Gramdma's out of the hospital she wants her revenge! No sooner than she was able to rise out of her wheelchair, she made her way to the parking lot, stole the fastest vehicle she laid her eyes on, and as she sped off was heard muttering, "I'll have my revenge you red-nosed varmit!" * Tossing Cookies -- 'Twas the night before Christmas, and Santa's reindeer have flown off without him! What's worse is it's a dark and stormy night, so there's lightning-filled clouds to contend with! Help Santa get back his reindeer! You must pilot your sleigh through the dangerous skies, dodging lightning while collecting the magical cookies that help the reindeer fly! Then you must use the cookies to lure the reindeer back to the North Pole! Can you collect all the reindeer in time for Santa's globe-trotting journey?
Stella's Stocking was a collaboration between several homebrew authors and artists, including John Payson, Darrell Spice Jr., Fred Quimby, David Weavil, Robert Mundschau, Chris Read, Nathan Strum, David Vazquez, Dave Exton, and others. Stella's Stocking features in-game artwork by Nathan Strum and David Vazquez (both of whom have contributed to various homebrew projects), and includes a beautifully illustrated label and eight-page manual by Dave Exton, whose brush graces many homebrew games in our store.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:39 Atari 5200 - Angry Video Game Nerdby Cinemassacre Featured 4,134,125
- 15:00 Wargames Terrain: Ruins (Part 1) Tutorial / Guideby IIXIXIXII1,919 views
- 4:19 DK VCS - new Donkey Kong homebrew for the Atari 2600by T.H.E. Outlaw3,609 views
- 28:12 My Reproduction & Homebrew Game Collectionby ballinnick19822,676 views
- 1:01:00 The Atari 2600 Video Computer System: The Ultimate Talk [28C3]by CCCen18,718 views
- 27:12 How to Make Rocky Stepped Hills for War Gamesby miniwargaming151,806 views
- 14:54 My Top 10 Atari 2600 Gamesby IntellivisionDude2,638 views
- 10:38 Atari 2600 Games That Don't Suckby MetalJesusRocks85,209 views
- 3:11 Chetiry - Atari 2600 Homebrewby AtariAges4,443 views
- 13:03 Atari 2600 homebrew (hack) version of Pacmanby starblazers19692,505 views
- 9:02 Homebrew Reproduction Collection Nintendo NES and Atari 2600by PenguinNintendoAge8,603 views
- 5:56 Top Ten "Atari 2600" Commercialsby Superpatch46,877 views
- 1:33 Configuración teclas emulador Stella 3.0by David Sydaroa2,851 views
- 17:15 My Top 10 Atari 2600 Gamesby JAMMAJUP011,542 views
- 2:27 Princess Rescue - Atari 2600 Homebrewby AtariAges47,301 views
- 9:58 JUEGOS HORRENDOS ET El Extraterrestre (Atari 2600) Loquendoby SwellowLoquendero04023,094 views
- 9:39 Making a Dystopian Wars ocean wargaming tableby RubbishInRubbishOut21,464 views
- 8:29 Atari 2600: The Harmony Cartridgeby linuxfanman4,662 views
- 14:27 Ask the War Gamer Episode 27: Dark Eldar, Ultramarines, Tyranids, Ork or Chaos? You Decideby miniwargaming9,824 views
- 8:29 Top Three Shortest Videogames Everby looneysolidsnake447,103 views
- Loading more suggestions...