This video is unavailable.
JFK Inaugural Address 2 of 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 29, 2006
President John F. Kennedy's inaugural address, January 20th 1961.
Let both sides seek to invoke the wonders of science instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the stars, conquer the deserts, eradicate disease, tap the ocean depths, and encourage the arts and commerce.
Let both sides unite to heed in all corners of the earth the command of Isaiah — to "undo the heavy burdens ... and to let the oppressed go free."
And if a beachhead of cooperation may push back the jungle of suspicion, let both sides join in creating a new endeavour, not a new balance of power, but a new world of law, where the strong are just and the weak secure and the peace preserved.
All this will not be finished in the first one hundred days. Nor will it be finished in the first one thousand days, nor in the life of this administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin.
In your hands, my fellow citizens, more than mine, will rest the final success or failure of our cause. Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe.
Now the trumpet summons us again — not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are — but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation" — a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.
Can we forge against these enemies a grand and global alliance, North and South, East and West, that can assure a more fruitful life for all mankind? Will you join in that historic effort?
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility — I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavour will light our country and all who serve it — and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
Finally, whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us here the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:59 Amazing JFK Speech! He Tells you The Truth!by CIRCULATEYOURFREEDOMFeatured 213,920
- 18:42 JFK'S "CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS" SPEECH (10/22/62)(COMPLETE AND UNCUT)by David Von Pein's JFK Channel 81,565 views
- 9:59 JFK Inaugural Address 1 of 2by PaddyIrishMan2 938,237 views
- 1:32:42 Excellent JFK Documentaryby Robert Harris 315,112 views
- 9:58 Thatcher: "No! No! No!"by ninthwave 1,445,045 views
- 9:44 JFK - "Ich bin ein Berliner" (1963)by sdnorat 161,044 views
- 15 videos Play all Kennedy Speechesby Moorechange
- 0:33 JFK- Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For Youby Arcturus aReaganDesignee 51,767 views
- 9:59 The JFK Assassination - the Last Shotby Robert Harris 2,993,160 views
- 6:57 JFK Funeral Part 1 of 3by Steve Forbes 163,709 views
- 3:38 The Greatest Speech Ever Madeby thelakeysisters 11,905,778 views
- 2:25 Winston S Churchill: We Shall Fight on the Beachesby Jimmy Thatcher 1,183,920 views
- 5:49 Hi quality footage of JFK Assassinationby 2609761504 3,583,244 views
- 2:49 Lincoln's Gettysburg Addressby cparsons2005 558,559 views
- 45:14 The Guilty Men (2003) - LBJ conspiracy theory -Banned Men Who Killed Kennedyby blindjfk 21,323 views
- 0:39 Newly Discovered Footage of JFK's Final Momentsby mgibson1800 1,923,217 views
- 10:00 The 1st Kennedy/Nixon Presidential Debate - Part 1/4 (1960)by MiscVideos78rpm 420,289 views
- 5:51 Winston Churchill 'Now we are Masters of Our Fate' Speechby tshaines 336,292 views
- 5:23 JFK SPEECH ON SECRET SOCIETIES AND FREEDOM OF THE PRESSby SOMUCHFORFREEMEDIA 192,596 views
- 5:23 JFK Secret Society Speech Re-editby TheOriginalHossman 215,438 views
- 1:33:54 Evidence of Revision (3 of 6) LBJ, Hoover and others.What so few know even today(full movie)by cappucinokid100 41,433 views
- Loading more suggestions...