How to Make Ratatouille
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 22, 2011
In this segment of "Simply Delicious Living with Maryann," (Episode brought to you by Natural Awakenings Magazine Ventura, http://naturalventura.com), host Maryann Ridini-Spencer cooks up a tantalizing country French dish adding some flair of her own.
PRINT OUT of THIS RECIPE & MORE at: http://SimplyDeliciousLiving.com
Working time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
2 jars (26 ounces each jar) of your favorite pasta sauce
(or search Dad's and Mom's Pasta sauce at blog.simplydeliciouslivingwithmaryann.co
1 large onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, diced
2 green peppers, diced
1 large eggplant, peeled & diced
2 zucchinis, peeled & diced
¼ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 c. Parmesan/Romano Cheese blend
1/2 c. red wine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt & pepper to taste
*On the stovetop in a pot of boiling water, add in eggplant, zucchini, and green pepper and cook until al dente. Drain vegetables and place back in empty pot. Pour in a jar of your favorite pasta sauce. Simmer on stovetop on low heat.
*In a skillet on the stovetop, add in olive oil, onions and garlic. Sauté until light brown.
*Add in the onion and garlic mixture to the pot of vegetables and tomato sauce.
*Add in red wine, fresh basil leaves and cheese. Stir.
*Add in garlic salt & pepper to taste.
*Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and/or until veggies are soft (but not too mushy!)
Serve hot or cold! This dish goes great on top of our favorite pasta. It's also a great side dish to accompany meat, chicken and/or fish. It's simply delicious over brown or white rice too! Once, cooked this dish can also be served cold!
©Maryann Ridini Spencer
GET A PRINT OUT OF THIS RECIPE at Maryann's Blog: http://www.SimplyDeliciousLiving.com
LIKE Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/SimplyDelici...
SIGN UP for our FREE monthly newsletter -- lots of great articles, cooking videos, decorating tips and body•mind•spirit inspirations!, SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/14fkwyu
WATCH US on YouTube on your computer, on your mobile device or iphone at SimplyDelishLiving Channel (and/or Maryann Ridini Spencer)
WATCH Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California and in First Run Television Syndication. For more information, visit: http://SimplyDeliciousLiving.com and http://RidiniEntertainment.com
Standard YouTube License
- 19:08 How to Grind Your Own Chicken Then Make A Meal With Itby Linda's Pantry Featured 1,167
- 11:33 Ratatouille Recipe - NoRecipeRequired.comby Dave Beaulieu17,049 views
- 6:01 The Big Cook prepares 8 meals in 5 minutes: delicious Swiss Chicken Casseroleby thebigcookcom11,644 views
- 6:47 Betty's Down-Home Country Fried Potatoes with Onions Recipeby Betty's Kitchen62,392 views
- 1:32 In The Skillet ..."Baked Zucchini"by FishinAfflictionTV216 views
- 8:15 Hot Zucchini and Squash Muffins From Homemade Frozen Batterby SV Seeker575 views
- 8:35 Ratatouille - Part 1by TheSeasonedCook11,456 views
- 7:32 How to Make Ratatouilleby Becoming Sustainable10,054 views
- 3:15 How to make ratatouilleby Djanira Cortesao625 views
- 6:42 Homemade Ratatouille Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 396by Laura in the Kitchen105,894 views
- 5:45 Canning Chicken for Food Storageby imstillworkin31,870 views
- 8:35 Garden Vegetable Soup - A Fast, Healthy and Delicious Raw Food Recipeby Jennifer Cornbleet101,721 views
- 9:58 Chef Merlin's Ratatouille Recipeby ChefMerlin12,121 views
- 4:04 How To Cook A Ratatouilleby Videojug Food11,535 views
- 3:18 Ratatouilleby G hashim1,191 views
- 7:16 Clara in memoriam - Aug 18, 1915 - Nov 29, 2013by Great Depression Cooking10,644 views
- 5:52 Zucchini Skillet -Transform Your Kitchen-Episode #42by Josh Axe1,579 views
- 10:00 Eggplant Rolls (Pasta-Free Italian Recipe)by ShowMeTheCurry.com202,915 views
- 5:48 Betty's Summer Sauteed Zucchini Recipeby Betty's Kitchen32,856 views
- 5:28 Try this easy Summer Ratatouille Recipe from Student Chefs at LISDby WNWOtv204 views
- Loading more suggestions...