The Power of Dua (Supplication) - Navaid Aziz
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 23, 2012
Dua (Supplication), something that carries so much power, yet has been neglected by many muslims around the world.
What should one do to have his or her dua accepted -
1. Sincerity in making du'aa'. This is the most important condition. Allaah has commanded us to be sincere when making du'aa', as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
"So, call you (O Muhammad and the believers) upon (or invoke) Allaah making (your) worship pure for Him (Alone) (by worshipping none but Him and by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allaah's sake only and not to show off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship)" [Ghaafir 40:14].
Sincerity in du'aa' means having the firm belief that the One upon Whom you are calling -- Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted -- is alone Able to meet your need, and it also means avoiding any kind of showing off in your du'aa'.
2. Repentance and turning back to Allaah. Sin is one of the main reasons why du'aa's are not answered, so the person who is making du'aa' should hasten to repent and seek forgiveness before he makes du'aa'. Allaah tells us that Nooh (peace be upon him) said:
"I said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance, And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.' " [Nooh 71:10-12]
3. Beseeching, humbling oneself, hoping for Allaah's reward and fearing His punishment. This is the spirit, essence and purpose of du'aa'. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors" [al-A'raaf 7:55].
4. Urgently beseeching and repeating the du'aa', without getting exasperated or bored; this is achieved by repeating the du'aa' two or three times. Restricting it to three times is preferable, in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) liked to say a du'aa' three times and ask for forgiveness three times. This was narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa'i.
5. Making du'aa' at times of ease, and saying more du'aa's at times of plenty. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Remember Allaah during times of ease and He will remember you during times of hardship." Narrated by Ahmad.
6. Seeking to draw closer to Allaah by calling upon Him by His Most Beautiful Names and Sublime Attributes at the beginning of the du'aa' or at the end. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them" [al-A'raaf 7:180].
Other aspects of the etiquette of making du'aa', although they are not waajib (obligatory), are: to face the Qiblah; to make du'aa' in a state of tahaarah (purity); to start the du'aa' with praise of Allaah and blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is also prescribed to raise the hands when making du'aa'.
One of the things that helps to bring a response to du'aa' is to seek the best times and places.
Among the best times is the time just before Fajr (dawn), the last third of the night, the last hour of Jumu'ah (Friday), when rain is falling, and between the Adhaan and iqaamah.
Among the best places are mosques in general, and al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] in particular.
Among the situations in which du'aa' is more likely to be answered are: when one is mistreated or oppressed, when one is travelling, when one is fasting, when one is in desperate need, and when a Muslim makes du'aa' for his brother in his absence.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER -
Shaykh Navaid has a way of making each student feel special, as though he is talking to them one-on-one. Students have described his demeanour and manner of speaking to exude sincerity and care. His personal stories connect directly with the youth and are his strength in carrying the message across.
Sh. Navaid went on to complete a diploma in the Arabic language as well as a bachelors in Shari'ah (Islamic Law) at madianh university, with a specialization in Fiqh and Usul Al-Fiqh.
Upon returning to North America Sh. Navaid joined the speakers circuit and has travelled the world lecturing and teaching. He is the founder of http://www.myspiritualfix.com a modern day approach to spirituality. He serves the Muslim community as a family and youth counselor. As a strong advocator for a bright Muslim future he is the Islamic editor for Recess Kids magazine in North America and Little Explorers magazine in the United Kingdom. If Sh. Navaid is not found lecturing he will more than likely be found updating his Facebook status, reading a book in his personal library, or taking some of the brothers to school on the basketball court.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Navaid Aziz
- 51:34 The Power of Supplication (Dua) - Abdul-Qaadir Bakshby khalifahklothing Featured 5,127
- 53:11 The Power of Dua - Yasir Qadhiby khalifahklothing63,909 views
- 34:14 A Message from our Mothers to our Sisters of Today - Navaid Azizby khalifahklothing14,145 views
- 34:33 He Who Has No One Has Allah - Navaid Azizby khalifahklothing100,582 views
- 56:05 Supplication: The Power of Dua - Mufti Menkby albadrproductions73,138 views
- 5:33 Power of Dua ᴴᴰ - Bilal Assadby ..::Islam Is Light::..16,084 views
- 2:42 A Dua to to Become Rich, Beautiful & Presentableby Ibaadur Rahmaan14,804 views
- 1:00:36 The Greatest Loser - Let's Revive Our Emaan - Part 2 - Hamza Tzortisby khalifahklothing13,514 views
- 46:16 How Do You Talk To Your Lord? - Yasir Qadhiby khalifahklothing14,876 views
- 21:08 My Favorite Dua in The Qur'an - Nouman Ali Khanby khalifahklothing165,436 views
- 1:33:04 How I Came to Islam - LECTURE - Abdur-Raheem Greenby IslamNetVideo146,836 views
- 53:55 The Power of Invocation (Dua) - By Sheikh Aref Chakerby SplitmoonProductions3,142 views
- 29:28 I committed fornication(Zina) and I'm so ashamed of myselfby khalifahklothing172,483 views
- 14:58 An Eye Opener For Muslim Couples by Sh. Omar Suleimanby Muslim Speakers49,456 views
- 3:27 Dua at the time of hardshipby Mohamed Rafi59,859 views
- 1:37:10 The Accepted Dua - By Ahmad Sakr (Loving Muslim Family Series: Session 5)by Islam On Demand5,019 views
- 7:03 The Chief Of Prayers For Forgiveness - Sayyidul Istighfar - Sheikh Navaid Azizby Imaan Boost TV2,073 views
- 2:44 A Dua that Shaytan Doesn't Want You to Know - Sheikh Navaid Azizby Imaan Boost TV34,044 views
- 18:17 The Power of Dua - Shaykh Yasir Qadhi ᴴᴰby OfficialQR39,717 views