Ford Escape Hybrid
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 5, 2008
The Ford Escape Hybrid is still the cleanest and most fuel-efficient SUV in the world, combining the fuel economy and emissions benefits of a full hybrid with the go-anywhere capability, toughness and spaciousness of the Ford Escape -- America's favorite small SUV.
For 2008, The Escape Hybrid combines a fresh new look, inside and out, with infotainment and safety features, a choice of two hybrid-specific upgrade packages and four new exterior colors.
The Escape Hybrid is a "full" hybrid, meaning it automatically switches between pure electric power, pure gasoline engine power or combined operation to maximize efficiency and performance. Its gasoline engine and electric motor work in concert, providing performance similar to that of a V-6 engine. In less demanding situations, the Escape Hybrid can run on its electric motor alone (at speeds up to 25 mph), its gasoline engine alone or the most efficient combination of the two.
Full hybrids achieve their greatest improvement in fuel economy during stop-and-go driving, when the electric motor is most efficient. In fact, the Escape Hybrid provides approximately 80 percent better fuel economy in city driving than the conventional V-6 Escape and can travel more than 500 miles in city driving on a single tank of gasoline.
It is an extremely clean vehicle to operate -- an amazing 99.4 percent cleaner, on average than an unregulated vehicle. Escape Hybrid meets strict Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV II) and Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) standards.
The Escape Hybrid is as tough as it is clean. For the past few years, taxi companies across the country have been putting Escape Hybrids to work, proving their durability and reliability after hours -- even days -- of continuous use. Many cabs have logged hundreds of thousands of working miles with no major issues.
Ford backs the Escape Hybrid with a standard 8-year/100,000-mile limited warranty for unique hybrid components, including the battery pack. Escape Hybrid is the first hybrid vehicle to offer towing capability of up to 1,000 pounds when properly equipped.
Escape Hybrid is produced at Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Mo.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:09 Ford Escape Mud Bathby mfppatrol's channelFeatured 57,272
- 6:35 Ford Escape Hybrid Taxi Teardown (battery)by fordvideo1 6,649 views
- 7:40 Escape Hybrid Funby RavenTenguKabuto 31,085 views
- 2:13 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybridby FordEnvironmental 27,433 views
- 1:09 Ford Escape River Crossingby Adam Jankie 155,601 views
- Ford Escape 78,043 videos73
- 3:06 FORD ESCAPE OFF-ROADby brunobarros28 29,682 views
- 1:00 Hybrid Engineby prashanth k 56,505 views
- 6:43 Ford Escape特技表演by lchmiyabi 233,410 views
- 7:34 2008 Ford Escape Hybridby Nik Miles 15,566 views
- 8:14 Eric reviews the Ford Escape Hybridby GardenFork 17,434 views
- 5:52 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Vehicle Tourby CarDataVideo 16,318 views
- 3:21 2008 Ford Escapeby ironmanaldrich 70,864 views
- 2:34 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Reviewby DriverSideEd 18,950 views
- 1:01 挑戰大岩塊，展現FORD Escape引擎爆發力by 卡大 陳 68,544 views
- 10:47 2013 Ford Escape World Premiereby frazgo 95,980 views
- 1:21 Testing Ford Escape AWD 2006 in the mudby yuramatter 30,625 views
- 3:05 Ford Escape Hybrid Reviewby mpgomatic 23,486 views
- 2:39 Ford Escape Reviewby vehixvideos 50,403 views
- 3:12 Carlisle Events, Mike Blake, tests 2008 Ford Escape Hybridby CarProDotCom 10,567 views
- 1:30 LA Auto Show: 2008 Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid Unveilingby Motor Trend Video On Demand 12,573 views
- Loading more suggestions...