Uploaded on Mar 2, 2010
This you simply must try! One of my favourite dishes and I can eat over and over again. And the best thing is, it's not that bad for you. Although, I do admit, I can be a bit naughty and add some extra oil here and there. The sour cream on the side just makes this an ideal breakfast, lunch, or - when served with some meat or seafood - dinner!
Leave comments below and tell me what you think and do subscribe as there are many more delectable goodies to come.
Tomato and Avocado Bruschetta
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Feta cheese (for garnishing)
- Crushed garlic (for spreading)
- Loaf of fresh bread/crostini (so that you have something to put the topping on!)
FOR THE PESTO-INFUSED SOUR CREAM DIP:
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Chop tomatoes and core (so that juices are removed). Add to bowl with parsley and some chives.
3. Cut avocado long ways, core, and scoop out avocado meat. Add to tomato mixture.
4. Add oil and salt to the tomato mixture, and mix gently so as to not cause the avocados to mush too much and then refrigerate.
5. Now, to a separate bowl, add the sour cream. Mix to loosen and smoothen. Then add pesto, a pinch of salt. Mix and refrigerate.
6. Cut fresh bread into generous slices. Spread with oil, or alternatively leave dry. Toast in oven until crispy.
7. After toasting, lightly spread on crushed garlic to cover the entire toast.
8. Add toast to plates and top with avocado-tomato mixture.
9. Serve with with sour cream and garnish with some chives.
If you want that extra zang, try adding some garlic or plain feta cheese to the tomato mixture, or even the sour cream mixture. Really works up a treat. For a main meal, or light lunch, you may like to add some roast chicken or cooked seafood on the side. For the sour cream, you could use different types of pesto. In this video I used both the traditional basil-pesto (a crunchy version of it) and also a delightful sundried tomato-pesto. It's great either way. A light, yet satisfying meal!
Ooh, I'm hungry just typing this. I think I'll just got make me some now. Why don't you try it?
Make sure you're kept up to date with the latest information right here on YouTube or alternatively, Twitter and Facebook:
You may also contact via our email address, which is email@example.com. All enquiries are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you around here.
Enjoy your food...
Standard YouTube License