Isachsen Reaches Podium at Rd.5 of the 2012 Global RallyCross Championship
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 2, 2012
For additional information about Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team visit: http://www.subaru.com/rally. Become fan on http://www.facebook.com/subaruofamerica and follow @subaru_usa and @srtusa.
Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team Claim Podium Position at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Round of 2012 Global RallyCross Championship.
Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team driver Sverre Isachsen powered his 2012 Subaru WRX STI to a season best third Overall at this past weekend's Global RallyCross Championship (GRC) event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The team celebrated the result as proof that recent testing and development have significantly increased the performance and potential of the team's trio of nearly 600hp Subaru WRX STI Rallycross cars. Isachsen's teammate, rallycross rookie Bucky Lasek, steered clear of trouble to achieve a career best finish of eighth overall. Team driver Dave Mirra didn't have lady luck on his side in Vegas, as he collided heavily into the back of a competitor who had suddenly slowed in Mirra's path due to a mechanical issue . The collision forced Mirra to retire from the Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ) heat with significant front end damage to his Subaru.
Isachsen qualified sixth overall in one of the most closely contested GRC rounds this year, where the top eight qualifiers were separated by under a half second, with Isachsen just 0.3 seconds off the pole. All three Subaru PUMA RallyCross team cars went head-to-head together with two other competitors in the five-car heat race. Isachsen held an early lead in the heat against his teammates and defending GRC champion Tanner Foust, only to have Foust narrowly pass him coming off the joker lap late in the race. With a second place finish in the heat Isachsen moved straight on to the Final. Lasek would move on to the Final later in the evening with a fourth place finish in the LCQ while Mirra's collision with a slowing competitor's car forced him to retire from the LCQ.
Isachsen steered clear of trouble around the chaotic first turn in the ten-car Final and made a late race pass to reach third Overall. "Our goal all season has been to develop the car and reach the podium. This feels so good," exclaimed Isachsen at the finish celebration. "My Subaru was good all weekend, and my driving too. This is a big confidence boost for the team and now I'm looking forward to the next race outside the Las Vegas Convention Center during the SEMA Show."
Isachsen's teammate, skate legend Bucky Lasek was equally thrilled with his own result as he achieved his best finish yet in his burgeoning Rallycross career. Lasek for the first time this season advanced to the Final where he finished eighth overall. "This event was another great leap forward in my rookie year. Getting more seat time in my #81 STI is the key and it has helped me catch up to the development of these cars. I'm now much more comfortable behind the wheel and really enjoyed driving this weekend," explained Bucky Lasek.
"Our team has been working relentlessly towards a podium finish, and reaching that goal in Las Vegas against an increasingly competitive field, within the GRC series, is a great boost to the team and supports the exceptional development work that our Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team has completed so far and continues make strides on", said James Han, motorsport marketing manager for Subaru of America, Inc. "There are positive takeaways from this weekend beyond Sverre's podium. Both Bucky and Dave showed solid and consistent pace in each session and are striving to get the best performance from our cars within the context of GRC's 'take no prisoners', full-out sprint style of racing. We reached an important milestone over the weekend and will strive to build on the positive result."
The Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team will return to Las Vegas, Oct. 30, 2012 for the final round of the Global RallyCross Championship. Details about the event can be found at www.global-rallycross.com.
Subaru Puma Rallycross Team USA is proudly supported by Subaru of America, Inc., Subaru Tecnica International (STI), Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT), PUMA, BFGoodrich Tires, RECARO, Motul, Exedy, and Vermont SportsCar.
For additional information about Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team visit: http://www.subaru.com/rally. Become fan on http://www.facebook.com/subaruofamerica and follow @subaru_usa and @srtusa. #PUMAGRC
Standard YouTube License
- 1:15:28 2012 Global Rally Cross Championship GRC New Hapshire Speedway Full Raceby rollipolli4Featured 190,562
- 7:10 Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team Battles in GRC Debut at Charlotteby Subaru 34,558 views
- 2:56 GRC+POV: Onboard with Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team in Charlotteby Subaru 21,435 views
- 1:45 Bucky Lasek Rail Grinds his Subaru PUMA Rallycross STI at GRC Texasby Subaru 23,621 views
- 4:45 Inside the Action with Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team at GRC Texas 2012by Subaru 11,523 views
- 1:16:31 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2012 Round 1 Charlotteby WRCforeva 189,731 views
- 59:55 Global Rallycross Championship 2012 New Hampshire Motor Speedwayby WRCforeva 20,259 views
- 49:41 [HD] Global Rallycross Championship 2012 - Texas (Full)by EdwinTV9 177,964 views
- 30:30 Rally Cross X Games 2013 All Racesby dbend144 32,453 views
- 2:28 X Games 2012 - Toomas "Topi" Heikkinen RallyCross Crashby CraveOnline.com 257,140 views
- 5:52 [HD] Global Rallycross Championship 2012 - Los Angeles (Final)by EdwinTV9 10,782 views
- 47:31 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2012 Round 2 Texasby WRCforeva 61,311 views
- 2:51 400+ HP Turbo Subaru BRZ Drifting and Hooning at SubieFest 2012 by Crawford Performanceby BRZClub 141,640 views
- 3:23 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) NEW Game ? (rallycross)SIMby BAERTV 2,231 views
- 2:02 test track onboard-Global Rallycross SEMA Las Vegas 2012by BAERTV 1,809 views
- 14:49 [HD] Global Rallycross Championship 2012 - Charlotte (Final)by EdwinTV9 61,238 views
- 15:23 Life In The Foust Lane: Episode 6 -- Smoking Tires & Baguettesby RockstarEvents 24,558 views
- 1:50 Toomas Heikkinen Comeback to GRC After X Games Crashby FordRacingTV 2,515 views
- 15:01 Global Rallycross Championship 2012 Las Vegas - Part 3/3by WRCforeva 2,766 views
- 0:38 David Binks Crash - Global Rallycross SEMA Las Vegas 2012by formulaphoto 82,757 views
- Loading more suggestions...