A BLAZE OF GLORY by Jeff Shaara
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 8, 2012
In the first novel of a spellbinding new trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Jeff Shaara returns to the Civil War terrain he knows best. A Blaze of Glory takes us to the action-packed Western Theater for a vivid re-creation of one of the war's bloodiest and most iconic engagements—the Battle of Shiloh.
It's the spring of 1862. The Confederate Army in the West teeters on the brink of collapse following the catastrophic loss of Fort Donelson. Commanding general Albert Sidney Johnston is forced to pull up stakes, abandon the critical city of Nashville, and rally his troops in defense of the Memphis and Charleston Railroad. Hot on Johnston's trail are two of the Union's best generals: the relentless Ulysses Grant, fresh off his career-making victory at Fort Donelson, and Don Carlos Buell. If their combined forces can crush Johnston's army and capture the railroad, the war in the West likely will be over. There's just one problem: Johnston knows of the Union plans, and is poised to launch an audacious surprise attack on Grant's encampment—a small settlement in southwestern Tennessee anchored by a humble church named Shiloh.
With stunning you-are-there immediacy, Shaara takes us inside the maelstrom of Shiloh as no novelist has before. Drawing on meticulous research, he dramatizes the key actions and decisions of the commanders on both sides: Johnston, Grant, Sherman, Beauregard, and the illustrious Colonel Nathan Bedford Forrest. Here too are the thoughts and voices of the junior officers, conscripts, and enlisted men who gave their all for the cause, among them Confederate cavalry lieutenant James Seeley and Private Fritz "Dutchie" Bauer of the 16th Wisconsin Regiment—brave participants in a pitched back-and-forth battle whose casualty count would far surpass anything the American public had yet seen in this war. By the end of the first day of fighting, as Grant's bedraggled forces regroup for could be their last stand, two major events—both totally unexpected—will turn the tide of the battle and perhaps the war itself.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:38:32 Bohaterowie w Ardenach Pl 2013by Tomasz Redowski Featured 117,546
- 3:33 Elizabeth Letts on THE EIGHTY-DOLLAR CHAMPIONby rhpubgroup50,919 views
- 0:58 UGLIES: SHAY'S STORY by Scott Westerfeld, Book Trailerby rhpubgroup21,078 views
- 0:57 The Devil's Thief by Samantha Kane (A Loveswept Historical Romance) - Book Trailerby rhpubgroup634 views
- 0:16 UNSEEN by Karin Slaughter (Book Trailer)by rhpubgroup63,255 views
- 27:09 Julia Quinn: ARRA & Google Play Author of the Monthby Australian Romance Readers Association949 views
- 14:59 Jeff Shaara and Tim Smith Part 1by ALincolnBookShop327 views
- 1:00:08 Douglas Brinkley, Author, "Cronkite"by C-SPAN712 views
- 7:11 Behind The Dixie Starsby AaronJeromeMartin84,347 views
- 24:34 Snapshot - Jeff Shaaraby CPCCTV340 views
- 10:02 5-26-12 Eric Blehm's "Fearless" - Pt. IIby Sandy Frazier6,632 views
- 5:04 The Hatfields and McCoys - A Documentaryby ting196353,705 views
- 10:06 Book TV: Jeff Shaara, "A Chain of Thunder: A Novel of the Siege of Vicksburg"by BookTV206 views
- 7:32 Ken Burns discusses producing his documentary on the Brooklyn Bridge - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORGby TVLEGENDS1,754 views
- 9:08 Battle Cry: Battle of Fort Donelsonby Joel Toppen6,367 views
- 7:28 Making of Gods and Generals from a Civil War Reenactors POV - Part 1 of 4by Lee Vetter14,723 views
- 5:30 Fort Donelson, TN Civl War Re-enactment - March 3, 2012 150th Anniversaryby SannaBlue1,527 views
- 5:00 Marshall Chapman "I Don't Want Nobody" (Official Video)by Marshall Chapman2,673 views
- 21:26 National Geographic Live! - Winston Groom: The Battle of Shiloh 1862by National Geographic16,945 views
- 4:36 The Red Badge of Courage Book Summaryby Sam Weber727 views
- Loading more suggestions...