Cognitive Bias VideoSong
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 22, 2009
A VideoSong on the various types of cognitive bias for my AP Psychology students.
Warning... Attention... Achtung... The grammar police have rightly detected several typographical errors within the subtitles of the song. I admit several things (1) was careless when making this at 2:00 in the morning (2) didn't think it would be posted to NYT and BoingBoing (3) was unprepared for the grammar gestapo's onslaught of biased attacks and (4) cannot fix, change and reupload this video without breaking the incoming links from NYT, Buzzfeed, BoingBoing and a thousand twitter feeds. So because of these things I am going to leave it as is and add captions overtop of the mistakes. The song and people seeing it are more important than the typos. I've discussed this with my students and they agree. So chill. :-)
I promised my classes that I would play them a song before their test on Monday Dec 21... But we had two snow days in a row so I am trusting that they will watch this in advance in order to study for the test on cognition.
Even if only one of the lines from this song get stuck in one kid's head and retrieved during the AP Psych exam I will have done my job!
I'm biased because I knew it all along... hindsight bias... I knew it all along.
I'm biased because I put you in a category which yo may or may not belong...
representativeness bias don't stereotype this song
I'm biased because of a small detail that throws off the big picture of the thing...
anchoring bias see the forest for the trees
I'm biased toward the first example that comes to my mind...
availability bias to the first thing that comes to mind
Oh oh bias don't let bias into your mind
Bias don't try this...
it'll influence you thinking
and memories, don't mess with these
but you're guilty of distorted thinking
With a cognitive bias your mind becomes blinded to decisions and problems and you've
been forced to solve them wrongly.
I'm biased because I'll only listen to what I agree with... confirmation bias ... you're narrow-minded if you are this
I'm biased because I take credit for success but no blame for failure...
self-serving bias... my success and your failure
I'm biased when I remember things they way I would've expected them to be...
expectancy bias false memories are shaped by these
I'm biased because I think my opinion now was my opinion then...
self-consistency bias but you felt different way back when
Standard YouTube License
- 19:18 TEDxCanberra - Ash Donaldson - Cognitive dissonanceby TEDxTalks34,329 views
- 56:00 Explorations of the Mind: Intuition with Daniel Kahnemanby University of California Television (UCTV)Recommended for you
- 6:05 Leaked Memos Show Fox News Bias Is Different?by LiberalViewer89,084 views
- 21:47 Weight Bias at Home and Schoolby YaleUniversity32,266 views
- 13:27 1. Cognitive Biasby SkeptiCampDC2,144 views
- 4:32 Cognitive dissonance (Dissonant & Justified)by Brad Wray37,738 views
- 200 videos Play all Fox News Biasby LiberalViewer
- 8:36 Fox News Bias Exposed By Obama Spokesperson Bill Burton?by LiberalViewer731,824 views
- 5:37 The Photoshop Effectby diethealth14,194,858 views
- 6:20 Fox News Bias For Israel in Gaza Conflict?by LiberalViewer583,471 views
- 2:03 Kissing Testby ajc6080378,945 views
- 15:57 StereoTypes - Biases, Beliefs & Beatsby iamOTHER67,700 views
- 6:24 Colocando viés (acabamento)by Adélia Zembruski9,521 views
- 19:35 The Optimism Biasby The RSA15,469 views
- 3:54 Psychology Rapby Eric Skelton63,315 views
- 1:10:04 Sociology 150A - Lecture 3: Cognitive Biases 1by UCBerkeley13,647 views
- 14:31 BIAS - Clean Crunch Walkthrough - Robert Bakerby Robert Baker1,043 views
- 8:41 Afterburner: The Cost of Media Biasby PJ MediaRecommended for you
- 4:52 Tom Brislin - Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson - VideoSongby Tom Brislin38,175 views
- 4:06 Jeffrey Ma: Overcoming Cognitive Bias In Decisionmakingby KepplerSpeakers1,454 views