Nigel Farage: "This EU is the New Communism. It is Power without Limits."
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 17, 2013
Support: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 17 April 2013
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the 'Europe of Freedom and Democracy' (EFD) Group in the European Parliament - http://nigelfaragemep.co.uk
• Debate: Current situation in Cyprus
Council and Commission statements
Video source: EbS (European Parliament)
Music excerpt from Summer of '68, Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd
» RELATED: How Europe Lost Faith in Its Own Civilization - By Frits Bolkestein (WSJ, 04.06.2011)
Years ago, Mrs Thatcher recognised the truth behind the European Project. She saw that it was about taking away democracy from nation states and handing that power to largely unaccountable people.
Knowing as she did that the euro would not work she saw that this was a very dangerous design. Now we in UKIP take that same view and I tried over the years in this parliament to predict what the next moves would be as the euro disaster unfolded.
But not even me, in my most pessimistic of speeches would have imagined, Mr Rehn, that you and others in the Troika would resort to the level of common criminals and steal money from peoples' bank accounts in order to keep propped up this total failure that is the euro.
You even tried to take money away from the small investors in direct breach of the promise you made back in 2008.
Well the precedent has been set, and if we look at countries like Spain where business bankruptcies are up 45% year on year, we can see what your plan is to deal with the other bailouts as they come.
I must say, the message this sends out to investors is very loud and clear: Get your money out of the Eurozone before they come for you.
What you have done in Cyprus is you actually sounded the death knell of the euro. Nobody in the international community will have confidence in leaving their money there.
And how ironic to see the Russian prime minister Dmitry Medvedev compare your actions and say, ' I can only compare it to some of the decisions taken by the Soviet authorities.'
And then we have a new German proposal that says that actually what we ought to do is confiscate some of the value of peoples' properties in the southern Mediterranean eurozone states.
This European Union is the new communism. It is power without limits. It is creating a tide of human misery and the sooner it is swept away the better.
But what of this place, what of the parliament? This parliament has the ability to hold the Commission to account. I have put down a motion of censure debate on the table. I wonder whether any of you have the courage to recognise it and to support it. I very much doubt that.
And I am minded that there is a new Mrs Thatcher in Europe and he is called Frits Bolkenstein. And he has said of this parliament - remember he is a former Commissioner: 'It is not representative anymore for the Dutch or European citizen. The European Parliament is living out a federal fantasy which is no longer sustainable.'
How right he is.
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Standard YouTube License
- 21:39 Dr. William Black, The US Banking System is Absolutely Primed for the Next Meltdownby Greg Hunter Featured 37,009
- 14:49 Nigel Farage on an EU referendum, drugs liberalisation, and his perfect Sundayby ChatPolitics12,229 views
- 4:54 FARAGE vs MERKELby Edward Davies62,169 views
- 4:58 This is Why They Tried to Assassinate Nigel Farageby EuropeanWatchman360,097 views
- 3:44 FARAGE IS PURE GOLD !by wishfix234,972 views
- 21:21 UKIP Nigel Farage - Speech in Canada 2013by ukipmedia24,878 views
- 16:11 UK's open border immigration, debate Bulgaria+Romania (24Apr13)by liarpoliticians233,674 views
- 6:58 Nigel Farage offers Barroso some cooling newsby UKIP MEPs108,384 views
- 6:01 ITV Daybreak - UKIP Nigel Farage vs Kevin Maguire on Open Borders immigration (29Jan13).by ukipmedia42,710 views
- 36:20 Nigel Farage at the UK Investor Showby RealManPizzaCompany5,808 views
- 5:43 Nigel Farage touches quite a few nerves in the EU Parliamentby UndefeatedArmy09362,330 views
- 6:39 Nigel Farage on Cyprus & UK press regulationsby TestTransmission198416,548 views
- 21:40 Nigel Farage: MNC 2013by manningcentre29,243 views
- 3:57 Nigel Farage: I hope taxpayers all over Europe listen to this...by europarl70,694 views
- 2:51 The Genius of Mutual Indebtedness - Nigel Farageby europarl646,077 views
- 9:56 Nigel Farage Vs. John Humphrys: "It's up to people how they live their lives not the state"by PlanetEarthAwakens0117,058 views
- 2:19 UKIP's Nigel Farage Owns French Presidentby TheLibertarian4life66,648 views
- 3:56 BBC acusses Nigel Farage of smoking & drinking too muchby PlanetEarthAwakens0140,206 views
- 19:44 Nigel Farage at Worcester's Guildhallby UKIP Worcester7,135 views
- 3:03 Nigel Farage - Slovakia said no to Greek bailoutby ozFreeChoice8,542 views
- Loading more suggestions...