How To Use Flickr
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 17, 2008
Watch more Digital Photography 101 videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/8-Digit...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Learn how to use Flickr, the photo sharing site, with this step-by-step tutorial from Howcast.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Go to flickr.com
Go to www.flickr.com and click "Create Your Account."
Step 2: Make a Yahoo! ID
At the next page, sign up for a free a Yahoo! ID or sign in if you already have one.
Step 3: Create your Flickr account
You're now on an account creation page, with two options, either to merge this Yahoo! ID with an existing Flickr account or create a new account. Click create new account.
At this point, you can also change your username to differ from your Yahoo! ID, if you choose.
Step 4: View your main profile page
From your new main page, you can now upload your photos, change innumerable preferences, edit a profile, and much more.
Step 5: Choose some photos to upload
Choose some photos you wish to upload. Do this by clicking the "Choose Photos" link, which will pop up a file browser to choose from. Select a photo.
If these are private photos for only those with a password to see, click the "Private" radio button and follow the steps to protect your photos from viewing.
Step 6: Add as many photos as you want
Click "Add More" if you wish to add more photos.
Step 7: Click upload photos when done
Click "Upload Photos" when you are finished selecting all your photos.
Step 8: Title and describe your photos
Once the photos have been uploaded, click "Describe Your Photos" to add a titles, descriptions, and tags. When you're finished, click "Save This Batch."
Step 9: Repeat process
You have now stored photos online with Flickr. Repeat this process each time you wish to add photos to your collection.
Step 10: Share your photos
Share your photos by giving friends and family the link in the address bar from your homepage on Flickr.
Did You Know?
Flickr started as a tool for an online gaming site that let players share photos with each other—but it was so successful that the game itself was abandoned.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:01 How To Post Photos To Flickrby HowcastFeatured 4,542
- 2:12 How To Detect a Lieby Howcast 1,708,426 views
- 1:36 How To Never Lose Your Luggageby Howcast 34,873 views
- 2:35 How To Use Twitter For Businessby Howcast 38,233 views
- 14:54 Flickr Tutorial 2012by BasicWebSolutions 1,952 views
- Flickr 13,634 videos62
- 3:30 Flickr - How to upload and share your shotsby thatnikonguy 2,833 views
- 10:52 How to Use Twitter (Tweet, Retweet, Direct Messages, Lists)by Wendy Limauge 116,084 views
- 50:01 John Roderick and Friends at Seattle Interactive Conference 2012by Brian Rauschenbach 1,454 views
- 86 videos Play all Web 2.0 and Social Media Videosby MeganMcCar
- 8:22 How & Why To Use LinkedIn.comby smallbiztrends 64,080 views
- 2:02 Alles über Flickr - Deeplink - ARD Ratgeber Internet - Das Ersteby ARD 1,015 views
- 3:13 How To Make Money From Your Blogby Howcast 386,235 views
- 4:00 How to Use Twitterby Howcast 923,110 views
- 2:30 How To Tell a Jokeby Howcast 131,955 views
- 6:05 Flickr Tutorial for Beginnersby TheMationStation 538 views
- 3:33 How To Speak in Publicby Howcast 50,964 views
- 3:15 How to use the Flickr keyboard shortcuts | lynda.com tutorialby lyndapodcast 4,190 views
- 4:18 Easy Flickr Tutorialby hobbes365 572 views
- 1:52 How To Travel Cheaplyby Howcast 110,787 views
- 3:17 How To Use Twitter To Effect Social Changeby Howcast 44,286 views
- 1:31 Using Flickr to find Creative Commons photographsby jju42 962 views
- Loading more suggestions...