Uploaded on Dec 19, 2010
This video excerpt is from our Medical Assisting e-Learning suite. Each module covers a different MA procedure and provides a simulation to help you learn and practice the procedure, plus explanatory text, anatomy model, video and quizzes. A personal logbook tracks your learning time and scores. Personal subscriptions to the SIMTICS eLearning modules available at www.simtics.com/MedicalAssistant. YouTube users benefit from 30% discount - use coupon code YOUTUBE30 during sign-up.
The learning objectives for this e-Learning module are as follows:
- Describe pre-procedure considerations for performing an ECG.
- Describe and demonstrate the preparation for performing an ECG.
- Describe the basic electrophysiology of the heart.
- Describe and explain the electrical heart views and properties of a 12-lead ECG.
- Describe and demonstrate how to perform an accurate 12-lead ECG.
- Identify tracings of a normal cardiac condition and common arrhythmias.
- Identify and explain ECG artifacts, and how to resolve them.
- Describe stress testing and Holter monitoring.
- Know the correct post-procedure considerations.
- Define and use related medical terminology.
- Explain the Patient Privacy Rule (HIPAA), Patient Safety Act, and Patients' Bill of Rights.
Affordable medical simulations on your PC
Standard YouTube License