Crochet Geek - How to Make a Crochet Amigurumi Pig
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 8, 2011
Free Crochet Lessons - Subscribe Today - http://goo.gl/Shon7
How to Make a Crochet Amigurumi Pig - http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/201...
Teaching the world to crochet, one stitch at a time. Free crochet lessons and video tutorials for beginner crocheters.
More from Crochet Geek on YouTube:
Subscribe - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
DC - Double Crochet
HDC - Half Double Crochet
CH - Chain
SL ST - Slip Stitch
Size G/4 mm crochet hook
4 ply yarn
Fiberfill or stuffing
Stitch Instructions and Definitions
Continual Round - Do not Join. Work in the top of the first stitch. This will eliminate the seam.
Yarn Marker - This marks the first or last stitch of each round. It can be a simple strand of scrap yarn to mark the stitch or a bread twisty tie.
Single Crochet Decrease - Insert the crochet hook through the stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook, pull the yarn through. Insert the hook through the next stitch, wrap the yarn over and pull it through. There are three loops on the hook. Wrap the yarn over and pull through all three loops.
Chain 4, join.
Round 1: Work 12 SC through the chain. Do not join and work in the continual round. (12 single crochet total)
Round 2-4: Work 1 SC in each stitch around (12 single crochet total)
Round 5: 2 SC in each stitch around (24 single crochet total)
Round 6: 1 SC in each stitch around (24 single crochet total)
Round 7: *1 SC in each of the next 2 stitch, 2 SC in the next stitch, continue around from *, (32 single crochet total)
Round 8-11: 1 SC in each stitch around (32 single crochet total)
Round 12: 1 SC in each of the next 6 stitches, CH 3, skip 3
single crochet. 1 SC in each of the next 2 stitches. CH 3, skip 3, 1 SC in each of the next 18 stitches.
Round 13: 1 SC in each of the next 6 stitches,Work 3 SC in the chain, 1 SC in each of the next 2 stitches. Work 3 SC in the chain. Work 1 SC in each of the next 18 stitches.
Round 14 - 17: Work 1 SC in each stitch around (32 single crochet total)
Round 18: Repeat round 12
Round 19: Repeat round 13
Round 20-21: Work 1 SC in stitch around (32 single crochet total)
Round 22: *Work 1 SC in the next stitch, work a single crochet decrease(see definition above), repeat from , (24 single crochet total) (10 decrease stitches) There will be 2 extra stitches. This is an example of not being mathematically perfect for it to work.
Round 23-24: Work 1 SC in each stitch around (24 single crochet total)
Round 25: *Work 1 SC in each of the next 2 stitches, work a single crochet decrease(see definition above), repeat from *, (18 single crochet total)
Round 26: Work 1 SC in each stitch around (18 single crochet total)
Round 27: Work 9 Single Crochet Decrease
At this point, you do not want to secure or knot the opening. The legs will be worked. We will come back to this and unravel a few stitches to put in the stuffing.
Legs - Make 4
There will be four openings at the bottom of the pig belly for the legs. All four will be the same.
Round 1: Evenly work 10 single crochet around the opening. We will continue with the continual round
Round 2: Work 1 SC in the next stitch, Work 2 SC in the next stitch, continue around from * (15 Single Crochet total)
Round 3-4: Work one single crochet in each stitch around
Round 5: Work 1 SC in the next stitch, Work a single crochet decrease (10 single crochet total)
Cut off a long length of tail, knot and secure. Thread your needle and weave through the last round of stitches and pull the round shut. Knot, secure and sew in the tail.
Eyes - The eyes can be worked before you add the stuffing or you can sew them on at the end. If you are using plastic of glass eyes, you will want to do them before stuffing and closing.
Work a chain 3, join. Sew to head between rounds 4 and 5.
Stuffing the Pig
At this point we can stuff the pig legs and body. You will probably need to undo the last round of single crochet decrease stitches on round 27. Once you get the pig stuff, work round 27 with the single crochet decrease. Knot and secure. Thread your needle and weave through the opening and pull the stitches shut. Knot and secure, weave in the tail.
Tail - Work a chain of 10 - Work 2 Slip stitch between different threads. It should curl. Once you get to the other end, weave your needle on one side and slightly pull to make the tail curl more. I found this way made a thinner tail. You can also work the tail with 2-3 single crochet . Crochet Blog - http://www.crochetgeek.com/
Standard YouTube License
- 23:19 Crochet Geek - How to Make a Crochet Strawberryby Crochet GeekFeatured 33,907
- 41:33 Crochet Bear Ogeechee - Amigurumi - Crochet Geekby Crochet Geek 280,582 views
- 22:10 Crochet Abstract Cats - Crochet Geekby Crochet Geek 437,031 views
- 36:26 How to make a Crochet Angelby Crochet Geek 201,670 views
- 19:07 CROCHE AULA 07 - PONTO ALTO CRUZADO EM DIAGONAL (HD)by Edinir-Croche 50,691 views
- 150 videos Play all Crochetby constancp82
- 2:54 Presentación modelos de ropita de bebé a la venta en mi tiendaby Helenasweetknits 472,906 views
- 14:57 Tutorial Corazón Amigurumi Heart (English subtiltes)by lanasyovillos 164,082 views
- 19:50 Hello Kitty tejida a crochet (amigurumi) Parte 1: cabezaby Esperanza Rosas 261,205 views
- 13:01 Chanchito tejidos en crochet (amigurumi) Parte 1: tejiendo el cuerpoby Esperanza Rosas 110,026 views
- 1:03:10 Crochet Geek - Grumpy Bird Cardinal Crochet Hatby Crochet Geek 270,268 views
- 15:34 Crochet Along & Make A Monkeyby Sharon Ojala 66,450 views
- 11:32 Crochet Geek - How to make a Crochet Amigurumi Mouseby Crochet Geek 329,177 views
- 36:48 Crochet Geek - Andrew's Keepsake - Crochet Afghan Stitch Tunisian - Crochet Shellby Crochet Geek 543,560 views
- 24:36 Crochet Geek - How to make the Darling Crochet Shell Capby Crochet Geek 294,857 views
- 32:22 Learn to Knit a Log Cabin Blanketby VeryPink Knits 139,879 views
- 20:17 Crochet Geek - How to Make a Crochet Ball - Amigurumiby Crochet Geek 396,292 views
- 20:42 Crochet Baby Mary Jane Slippersby Crochet Geek 1,365,811 views
- 11:12 Tutorial Mini Tortuga Amigurumi Turtle (english subtitles)by www.lanasyovillos.com 74,294 views
- 18:08 Crochet Geek - Easy Crochet Heartby Crochet Geek 556,620 views
- 43:02 Crochet Geek - How to Make a Crochet Sock Monkey - Amigurumiby Crochet Geek 142,239 views
- Loading more suggestions...