Social Success: A Discussion of the Dos and Don'ts of Social Media
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 10, 2013
You've been using social media for years to keep up with your friends, but what about networking and trying to get a job?
Jeff Cutler, Lisa van der Pool and Todd Van Hoosear talk about which platforms work best for what, some good practices, and things to keep in mind as you move forward.
Jeff Cutler is a freelance journalist, social media trainer and content specialist who speaks regularly on content marketing, the use of social tools for journalists and businesses, and the best ways to brand your product, service or self. While he curates and writes for more than a dozen blogs, Jeff has written for NPR, The NY Post, Technology Review, Mobile Magazine, Gatehouse Media and more.
Jeff is on the professional development committee of the Society of Professional Journalists and performs multiple training sessions for them each year. He's also spoken at BlogWorld Expo, SXSW, various PodCamps, dozens of journalism conferences and content events. Jeff has keynoted the Cable Communicators of America annual conference and regularly appears on radio and television programs to provide insight into social media tools.
The most comprehensive way to see Jeff's world is by going to http://jeffcutler.com and looking at his events calendar and writing. You can connect to Jeff via social media channels using the links at the top of his website.
Lisa van der Pool is Director of Media and Content Strategy at InkHouse Media + Marketing. Prior to this she was Broadcast and Social Media Editor at Boston Business Journal. During that time she also appeared on WBZ-TV regularly talking about the top business stories of the day. Prior to the BBJ, Lisa was a reporter at Adweek Magazine. Follow her on Twitter at @lvanderpool.
Todd Van Hoosear is a professional communicator and technologist with more than 15 years of experience in marketing and technology. He is a Fellow with the Society for New Communications Research and a member of the Social Media Club's board of directors. In addition to his efforts heading up the Boston Social Media Club, Todd has spoken about social media and digital communications at Emerson College, Bentley College, the Yankee IABC, New England Women Business Owners, Public Relations Society of America, Mass Tech Leadership Council, NewComm Forum and the American Marketing Association--not to mention numerous social media events. Follow him on Twitter at @vanhoosear.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:19:40 EuWiKon 3 - Panel: Neue Wirtschaftsordnung 17.August 2013 - Piratenparteiby EUWIKON296 views
- 1:22:59 Riptide: Digital Disruption of the News Businessby John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum213 views
- 1:05:29 Challenges Facing the Professionby theCAQorg95 views
- 26:03 Center for Faith and Life - 24/6 - Panel Discussionby Tommy Bratton45 views
- 25:17 October 2012 Conference - Professional Panel Part IIby OCD TEXAS18 views
- 22:39 HP Workstations Global Launch Event 2013 - Panel Discussionby justechn24 views
- 1:00:13 Propel Your Career -- Networking Tips and Strategies for Successby acswebinars650 views
- 4:42 Craving Confidence: Job Interview Skills (Part 01)by cravingconfidence18,237 views
- 1:17:42 Dr. Edward B. Barbier at Northeastern Universityby NortheasternCOS1 view
- 1:19:00 And Then There Was Mass: The Origin of Mass and the Discovery of the Higgs Bosonby NortheasternCOS35 views
- 8:35 Social Networking and Your Electronic Footprintby McGillCaPS260 views
- 8:20 Managing your career through social mediaby totumpartners209 views
- 6:59 50 People 1 Question Northeastern Universityby jdottrooke8,301 views
- 57:37 SCAF 2013 Panel 2 Discussion: Supply Chain Development in Asia: Managing Opportunities & Challengesby supplychainasia98 views
- 4:01 A "NU" Home: Northeastern Universityby ellseries11,787 views
- 2:57 Northeastern University Dorms - West Village (Boston, MA)by Mostafa El Manzalawy25,428 views
- 4:27 Suf-Ga-Ni-Ya, Live Menorah Installation at Northeasternby Matti Kovler4,847 views
- 2:53 Social Media Do's And Don'tsby Quiestra54 views
- 1:42:17 America's Growing College Loan Crisis: What Went Wrong and How Can We Fix It?by SMU Higher Education71 views
- 12:19 #WelcomeToCOS - Fall 2013 Walking Tourby NortheasternCOS2 views
- Loading more suggestions...