A Visit To Trumpton (Side 1 - Part 1 of 2)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 9, 2010
"Trumpton is a market town set in the heart of rural England, within a short bus-ride of Camberwick Green.
The Market Square is like many other market squares, with its handsome Gothic Town Hall, the statue of the Middle-aged Queen Victoria, and an assorted collection of shops and houses; but one feature is unique - the Trumpton Clock.
Every morning, the people of Trumpton take in their milk, open their shops and set our their wares. They do this with one eye on the town hall clock, and one ear too, for they know that dead on the hour a slight rumble from the recesses of the tower will announce that free entertainment is about to begin.
With a loud clonk the two doors on either side of the clock face slide open. To the regular rhythm of a gay mechanical tune, the gilt figures of Sir Rufus and Lady de Trompe emerge and solemnly strike the hour on a bell." ...
These are the words from the Trumptonshire creator Gordon Murray that were printed on the back cover of the fairly rare 1967 vinyl album "A Visit To Trumpton". The previous album "Welcome To Camberwick Green" has now been reissued four times, "A Visit To Trumpton" issued just once (which I find strange as it was arguably the most popular of the trilogy).
It's with a lot of love that I've put together a video to go with side 1 of that album. The stories on all three albums were unique to those vinyl releases, so at times there will be glaring visual inaccuracies which are unavoidable.
As ever, the fantastic music was down to the late Freddie Phillips with the legendary, instantly recognisable narration of Ipswich boy Brian Cant.
Unlike the first album, "A Visit To Trumpton" had a tracklisting (even though they weren't seperated on the actual vinyl record). The tracks are -
1. Tick-Tock-Track 0:06
2. Chime and Clock Theme 0:32
3. Trumpton 1:20
4. The Signing Song 2:33
5. To-and-Fro 3:39
6. The Duck Song 4:21
7. The Litter Song 6:43
8. Chippy Minton's Song 7:42
9. Ting-a-Ling-a-Ling 9:19
I'm guessing that each song was given a working title by Freddie Phillips but never updated.
In 1992, Urban Hype sampled this record three times for their single "A Trip To Trumpton" (which was very good!), the first sample appears here at 6:29.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:32 A Visit To Trumpton (Side 1 - Part 2 of 2)by mfp1109118913529,474 views
- 6:54 Chigley, Episode 11 (Part 2 of 2)by sirtinycreep27,065 views
- 6:52 Trumpton. Episode Six (Part 2 of 2)by sirtinycreep47,893 views
- 15:27 Bill and Ben The Flower Pot Men: Cabbages - FULL EPISODEby Danielle Sainte-Marie45,177 views
- 6:54 Trumpton Episode 1. Children's animation from the 1960's (how it was and now, re-mastered)by Thomas Cova1,957 views
- 15:02 Camberwick Green: Captain Snortby bearmoab43,085 views
- 14:42 Bagpuss Episode 1 Ship In A Bottleby Andrew Youngs15,459 views
- 10:44 Welcome To Camberwick Green (Side 1 - Part 2 of 2)by mfp11091189135213,252 views
- 9:26 Welcome To Camberwick Green (Side 1 - Part 1 of 2)by mfp11091189135256,176 views
- 9:17 LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR PART 1by BIG1888DOGG416,982 views
- 7:02 Chigley, Episode 2 (Part 2 of 2)by sirtinycreep23,110 views
- 9:49 Billy Connolly - Erect for 30 years (09 of 11)by ikross78,254 views
- 6:10 Chigley, Episode 11 (Part 1 of 2)by sirtinycreep32,803 views
- 4:42 Trip to Trumptonby James Engwell151,821 views
- 4:25 Captain Pugwash - Episode 22 - The Plankby lowthers121,085 views
- 4:57 Ivor the Engine - Ep1by Bungalow886,604 views
- 2:45 70's and 80's sweetsby ScallywagsTV185,986 views
- 6:47 Chigley, Episode 8 (Part 2 of 2)by sirtinycreep15,902 views
- 15:06 camberwick green : windy millerby kieranmay34,830 views
- 4:59 bod & the appleby fluttershy pony303,922 views
- Loading more suggestions...