Published on Oct 15, 2012
http://corepsych.com - More than 400 articles on psychiatric diagnosis and treatment.
http://drcharlesparker.com - Learn more about how your medications are expected to perform. This knowledge helps guide your treatment success; you will better understand if your medications are working correctly.
http://corebrain.org - Training tools to facilitate evolving psychiatric care.
http://www.corepsychblog.com/2012/09/... - Every medication and supplement should have a Sweet Spot wherein on the one hand it works well, and on the other there are no side effects. Review these tips for more successful ADHD target recognition.
Video on DOE, Duration of Effectiveness: http://youtu.be/XkO_glQDWhs
Video on Metabolism: http://youtu.be/Z9lHlti70i4
10 Window Tips That Work
1. Each medication or supplement: Every intervention carries it's own Therapeutic Window requirements.
2.. Don't Mix Expectations: Serotonin products don't treat dopamine issues and vice versa. This point is basic -- yet surprisingly neglected. We don't treat heart disease with insulin, serotonin challenges can't be treated by dopaminergic products. Customize treatment objectives in detail clinically. Don't expect the impossible.
3. Unpredictable Outcomes: ADHD Meds or supplements almost always remain unpredictable if underlying metabolic/body variables remain overlooked.
4. Window Structure -- Dosage: Too Much, out the top, Too Little, not working, out the bottom, Too Short or Too Long on the duration/sides, all of these are essential ADHD Medication Dosage challenges. If you keep chasing that window, metabolism is the culprit, creating problems with the dosages through biomedical challenges. This is basic!
5. Roving Therapeutic Window: Don't chase your tail with up and down doses, or multiple different med trials over the years when you see that your Window moves around unpredictably. Using a maybe, Roving, process to find that Sweet Spot, devolves to little more than office experimentation, and creates repeated dosage changes to meet those varying conditions. Remember: that Roving Therapeutic Window [correlates well with] = Metabolic Challenges that require measurement and specific correction -- then you can stop chasing your tail.
6. Narrow Therapeutic Window: ADHD Medications, carefully adjusted by a concerned and observant medical professional, simply can't find the sweet spot, the dosage that works for that medicine. Characteristically: informed, small doses at the start don't dial in to sufficiently cover the Window details, then even very small dosage adjustments upward take the dosage total into the land of side effects, out the Top of the Window, or extend the Sides past bedtime. The Window is Narrow because there are abiding neurotransmitter and metabolic imbalances that require assessment -- more than 80% of the time [setting aside other variables e.g. genetics].
7. Neurotransmitter Imbalances Can't Correct With Meds: if no neurotransmitter chickens live in the synaptic ranch. Remember: psych meds and supplements both require specific neurotransmitters and healthy glial cell activity to work effectively.
8. Trace Elements and Heavy Metals Matter: neurotransmitter birthing/regeneration requires attention to a different set of multiple variables: e.g., to name but a few -- specific amino acid precursors, effective enzyme systems, effective digestion, sufficient intake/nutrition, and trace element balance for effective enzyme activities. Heavy metals, toxins, also create obvious impediments, -- but only obvious if measured.
9. Window Challenges always require further investigation, genetics, neurotransmitters, hormones, trace elements -- otherwise the ADHD client remains almost untreatable -- even more depressed and shamed than when they started.
10. Additional Treatment Interventions: In many confusing [and many standard] presentations we frequently suggest neurofeedback, EMDR, yoga, meditation, all of which support improved prefrontal cortical function. Meds and supplements aren't, of course, the only answers.
Transit Time Instructions: http://www.corepsychblog.com/wp-conte...
IgG immunity reactions are the real culprits - see this post: http://www.corepsychblog.com/2012/09/...
*New ADHD Medication Rules* discusses the relevance of metabolism and biomedical corruptions in detail - see this link for *pre-pub discounts* if you're looking for details that work:
My point on this: Too many are treated for thinking problems - without specific thinking about the thinking process. To see the connection between brain science and common sense: evidence matters.