Ku Klux Klan protests Westboro Baptist Church
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 31, 2011
The Ku Klux Klan "KKK" protests Westboro Baptist Church and their hateful anti-American slogans.
I find this to be a very interesting news article.
Washington (CNN) -- Protesting members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church were met with an unlikely group of counter-protesters Monday at Arlington National Cemetery.
Hours before President Barack Obama led the nation's Memorial Day observances at the Tomb of the Unknowns, three members of the Westboro Baptist Church were challenged by others who disagreed with them -- including members claiming to be from the Ku Klux Klan.
The Kansas-based church has attracted nationwide attention for its angry, anti-gay protests at the funerals of U.S. military members.
Among those counter-protesting at the cemetery's main entrance: About 10 members of a group that claims to be a branch of the Ku Klux Klan from Virginia called the Knights of the Southern Cross. They were cordoned off separately in a nearby area, but drew little attention as they gave out small American flags behind a banner that read "POW-MIA."
They said they were there to object to the Westboro Baptist Church's anti-troop message.
"It's the soldier that fought and died and gave them that right to free speech," said Dennis LaBonte, the self-described "Imperial Wizard" of the KKK group that he said he formed several years ago.
"That's fine," said Abigail Phelps, the daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. "They have no moral authority on anything.
"People like them say it's white power ... white supremacy," Phelps said. "The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race."
LaBonte insisted he is not a racist nor a "hate-monger," but said he believes the white race is "slowly and most assuredly being denigrated."
Members of the group declined to say whether they were armed.
A larger group of about 70 protesters -- separate from the KKK -- located across the street waved pro-USA signs and took turns shouting down the Westboro Baptist Church group.
Some of the counter-protesters, including Malaika Elias, stood in front of the Westboro participants in an attempt to block them from street view.
"I think they're twisted and confused, and we're just here to show them there are people who think they're completely wrong," Elias said.
Many passersby shouted their thanks to the counter-protesters as they entered the cemetery on foot and in vehicles.
Several police officers, some on horseback, observed the proceedings.
Phelps said her trio was there to tell people they should not "idolize" the dead, especially those who died for an "unrighteous cause."
News link here: http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/30/arli...
Standard YouTube License
- 6:56 Virginity Checks & KKK Protests Westboroby Philip DeFranco Featured 1,331,094
- 7:29 School 'Bully' Interview! "I'm Not Sorry"by UFOxGaming3,649,233 views
- 4:49 Westboro Baptist Church Gets punched in the face!by GeorgeDeadson1,131,583 views
- 9:40 Shirley Phelps-Roper arrested at WBC picket of soldier funeral in Bellevue, NE -- Part 2by BellevueFolly464,450 views
- 9:58 Crazy Baptist Lady On Tyra Bank's Show Part 1by Mike Burns1,290,399 views
- 15:27 1: Extraordinary People The Girl With A New Face part 1by Lola Bamigbade31,006,588 views
- 57:55 Louis.Theroux.Under.The.Knife.WS.PDTV.XviD-REMAX.aviby Gloria Sabas348,282 views
- 8:51 Jeremy Kyle pwns the Westboro Baptist Church part 1by RainbowLove74601,099 views
- 1:58 Epic Win! Jason beats Westboro Baptist Church with a Fund-Raiser at their protest!by The Video Catalyst Project1,256,537 views
- 1:08 Micah White - The KKK Meets Westboro Baptist Church... Wearing Prada?by Micah White429,769 views
- 2:17 Westboro Baptist Church chased away from Grammysby rorschac644,632 views
- 8:44 cribs navy editionby MrAfsx5100,053 views
- 34:28 The KKK vs. the Crips vs. Memphis City Council (Full Length)by VICE2,509,035 views
- 1:07 Comedian Lisa Lampanelli versus the Westboro Baptist Churchby Jeff Davis901,368 views
- 2:15 Axl Rose stoned by a fan during Nightrain (Argentina again)by eduardo c817,737 views
- 1:07 Wretched: KKK vs. Westboro Baptistsby Wretched27,316 views
- 0:55 Atheist Humiliates Christian in Abortion Debateby On Knees for Jesus1,438,395 views
- 1:28:22 Ku Klux Klan - A Secret Historyby documan2422172,530 views
- 3:58 Top 10 - Sports Altercations with the Fansby TheWorldsTop101,326,146 views
- 1:20 Westboro Baptist Thugs Ran Out of Town on 2 Flat Tires - McAlester, OKby arlenearmy217,828 views
- Loading more suggestions...